The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roy is not a rental, Booth won't be bought out next year

VanGnome

Worst case scenario, having a team take one of Ballard's or Booths contracts could be an alternative to a late pick coming our way (to even up the value in a trade).

Question: Is there any rule preventing this kind of scenario? (assume, for sake of argument, both players waive NTC)

TRADE:

PHI - Booth

VAN- Briere

Both players bought out

Van signs Booth to a cheaper contract

Phi signs Briere to a cheaper contract

umm i wet my pants on that pass to Higgins

what was that the third pass, they kept connecting on almost every shift and finally Higgins scored, looked pretty good to me, looked pretty damn good to me

but lets keep talking crap CDC

Worst case scenario, having a team take one of Ballard's or Booths contracts could be an alternative to a late pick coming our way (to even up the value in a trade).

Question: Is there any rule preventing this kind of scenario? (assume, for sake of argument, both players waive NTC)

TRADE:

PHI - Booth

VAN- Briere

Both players bought out

Van signs Booth to a cheaper contract

Phi signs Briere to a cheaper contract

I will take those giveaways from Roy when he can set up scoring chances any day of the week, wow u must want the Canucks to be perfect out there, easy to talk about from behind your keyboard

Guest Gumballthechewy

Also Raymond has the same loyalty to this Club that the Sedins and Burrows has. He will probably settle for $3-3.5M just to stay here. The guy is not greedy, he's a farm boy. I wish we had another 2 like him.

Really????

If any other player had played like Roy did last night people wouldn't have been flocking to CDC to wet their pants.

I don't mind, it was only his first game in a new team. He played ok...............but honestly what is it with CDC and new players. They see none of their mistakes while looking for every mistake a guy like Ebbett makes.

I remember the same with Kassian AND Booth. They too were the second coming. Kass might still be but Booth........let's just say he's not a big enough team player to fit in at Vancouver, for me. Having said that if he gets back in the team I will be all for him.

Oh and Jensen as I said 2 days ago, looks right out of his depth, not NHL ready yet. The game passed him by.

Let's stop talking crap CDC and actually report on what happened in the game.

While I'm on let me own up to one. I have totally changed my mind about Garrison. I think the guy will be a stud for us, especially if he keeps up the physical side of his game. Credit where it's due, kudos to MG on that one.

You're going to just let Raymond walk after the season he's had? hahah you're quite hilarious, he's been one of our only consistent scorers this year. And Lappierre is a guy who works hard every second of every shift. You want to let THAT go? Ridiculous...

Archived