The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Under The Radar Transaction and Signings From Deadline Day

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/transactions/

Buffalo - Tim Schaller Signed to a two-year, entry-level contract

Calgary - Laurent Brossoit Signed to an entry-level contract

Calgary - Tyler Wotherspoon Signed to an entry level contract

Carolina - Brock McGinn Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract and assigned to Charlotte (AHL)

Detroit - Jared Coreau Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract

Detroit - Ryan Sproul Reassigned to Grand Rapids (AHL)

Florida - Jonathan Racine Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract

Minnesota - Tyler Graovac Signed to an entry-level contract

Montreal - Danny Kristo Signed to a two-year contract and assigned to Hamilton (AHL)

NY Rangers - Jesper Fast Assigned to Conneticut (AHL)

NY Islanders - Jesse Joensuu Suspension lifted

NY Islanders - Anders Lee Signed to a two-year, entry-level contract

NY Islanders - Ryan Strome Assigned to Bridgeport (AHL)

NY Islanders - Andrei Pedan Signed to an entry-level contract

Nashville - Zach Budish Signed to a two-year contract and assigned to Milwaukee (AHL)

Pittsburgh - Harrison Ruopp Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract

San Jose - Chris Tierney Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract

San Jose - Daniil Tarasov Signed to a two-year entry-level contract

San Jose - Matthew Nieto Signed to an entry-level contract

San Jose - Christopher Crane Signed to an entry-level contract

St Louis - Dmitrij Jaskin Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract and assigned to Peoria (AHL)

St Louis - Chris Porter Signed to a two-year contract extension

Tampa Bay - Luke Witkowski Signed to a two-year contract

Toronto - Andrew MacWilliam Signed to a two-year contract

Toronto - Drew MacIntyre Agreed to terms

Toronto - Stuart Percy assigned to Toronto Marlies (AHL)

Toronto - David Broll assigned to Toronto Marlies (AHL)

Washington - Nate Schmidt Signed to a two-year, entry-level contract

Those certainly were under the radar, TM. But thanks for posting. I guess people just can't resist making snide remarks, when what they should do is ignore a thread that they aren't interested in...

I just have to say that I think Jesper Fast is like the awesomest hockey name eva! ;)

I think it's pretty sad that some people can think they know a thing about other team's players and not know who Ryan Sproul, Tyler Wotherspoon, Laurent Broissoit, Ryan Strome, and Dmitri Jaskin are.

This time last year I'm sure the same people had no idea who Chris Kreider was either until he started playing well in the playoffs.

Every year there are Black Aces who erupt on the scene. Odds are pretty decent that one of the players from this list could be this year's version.

I think it's pretty sad that some people can think they know a thing about other team's players and not know who Ryan Sproul, Tyler Wotherspoon, Laurent Broissoit, Ryan Strome, and Dmitri Jaskin are.

This time last year I'm sure the same people had no idea who Chris Kreider was either until he started playing well in the playoffs.

Every year there are Black Aces who erupt on the scene. Odds are pretty decent that one of the players from this list could be this year's version.

More proof CDC is full of bandwagoners who don't know hockey. "Oh the next-gen stars of the NHL were signed? No biggie." That said, I think Minnesota's prospect pool is somewhat overrated because of draft positions. I'm not too high on Graovac. Similarly, I think Calgary is somewhat underrated (first time I've ever said that!). Brossoit and Wotherspoon are most definitely underrated.

More proof CDC is full of bandwagoners who don't know hockey. "Oh the next-gen stars of the NHL were signed? No biggie." That said, I think Minnesota's prospect pool is somewhat overrated because of draft positions. I'm not too high on Graovac. Similarly, I think Calgary is somewhat underrated (first time I've ever said that!). Brossoit and Wotherspoon are most definitely underrated.

Archived