• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,138 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/transactions/

Buffalo - Tim Schaller Signed to a two-year, entry-level contract

Calgary - Laurent Brossoit Signed to an entry-level contract
Calgary - Tyler Wotherspoon Signed to an entry level contract

Carolina - Brock McGinn Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract and assigned to Charlotte (AHL)

Detroit - Jared Coreau Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract
Detroit - Ryan Sproul Reassigned to Grand Rapids (AHL)

Florida - Jonathan Racine Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract

Minnesota - Tyler Graovac Signed to an entry-level contract

Montreal - Danny Kristo Signed to a two-year contract and assigned to Hamilton (AHL)

NY Rangers - Jesper Fast Assigned to Conneticut (AHL)

NY Islanders - Jesse Joensuu Suspension lifted
NY Islanders - Anders Lee Signed to a two-year, entry-level contract
NY Islanders - Ryan Strome Assigned to Bridgeport (AHL)
NY Islanders - Andrei Pedan Signed to an entry-level contract

Nashville - Zach Budish Signed to a two-year contract and assigned to Milwaukee (AHL)

Pittsburgh - Harrison Ruopp Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract

San Jose - Chris Tierney Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract
San Jose - Daniil Tarasov Signed to a two-year entry-level contract
San Jose - Matthew Nieto Signed to an entry-level contract
San Jose - Christopher Crane Signed to an entry-level contract

St Louis - Dmitrij Jaskin Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract and assigned to Peoria (AHL)
St Louis - Chris Porter Signed to a two-year contract extension

Tampa Bay - Luke Witkowski Signed to a two-year contract

Toronto - Andrew MacWilliam Signed to a two-year contract
Toronto - Drew MacIntyre Agreed to terms
Toronto - Stuart Percy assigned to Toronto Marlies (AHL)
Toronto - David Broll assigned to Toronto Marlies (AHL)

Washington - Nate Schmidt Signed to a two-year, entry-level contract

Edited by theminister, 04 April 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#2 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

?

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#3 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Kinda hard to read

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#4 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,138 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Fixed

#5 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Strome had a good game in Bridgeport (1G-1A) and was dominate.
Posted Image

#6 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Cool story bro
Posted Image

#7 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,138 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

POPULAR

Cool story bro

Sorry it's not to your liking.

I made it for hockey fans.

#8 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Nah you made it to entice a reaction.

Here's mine: Yawn.
Posted Image

#9 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,138 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Exactly.

#10 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#11 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,572 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

I've never heard of a single person on your list lol

Edited by Apples, 04 April 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,493 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Lee scored in his debut for the Isles and looked pretty good.

Will be interesting to see how Budish, Strome, Kristo and Percy do at the pro level.

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#13 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,925 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Those certainly were under the radar, TM. But thanks for posting. I guess people just can't resist making snide remarks, when what they should do is ignore a thread that they aren't interested in...

I just have to say that I think Jesper Fast is like the awesomest hockey name eva! ;)

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 04 April 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#14 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,138 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

I think it's pretty sad that some people can think they know a thing about other team's players and not know who Ryan Sproul, Tyler Wotherspoon, Laurent Broissoit, Ryan Strome, and Dmitri Jaskin are.

This time last year I'm sure the same people had no idea who Chris Kreider was either until he started playing well in the playoffs.

Every year there are Black Aces who erupt on the scene. Odds are pretty decent that one of the players from this list could be this year's version.

Edited by theminister, 04 April 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#15 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

POPULAR

I think it's pretty sad that some people can think they know a thing about other team's players and not know who Ryan Sproul, Tyler Wotherspoon, Laurent Broissoit, Ryan Strome, and Dmitri Jaskin are.

This time last year I'm sure the same people had no idea who Chris Kreider was either until he started playing well in the playoffs.

Every year there are Black Aces who erupt on the scene. Odds are pretty decent that one of the players from this list could be this year's version.

More proof CDC is full of bandwagoners who don't know hockey. "Oh the next-gen stars of the NHL were signed? No biggie." That said, I think Minnesota's prospect pool is somewhat overrated because of draft positions. I'm not too high on Graovac. Similarly, I think Calgary is somewhat underrated (first time I've ever said that!). Brossoit and Wotherspoon are most definitely underrated.

Keswho.jpg

#16 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,925 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Strome especially. I would have thought that most people would know Graovac as well...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#17 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,138 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

More proof CDC is full of bandwagoners who don't know hockey. "Oh the next-gen stars of the NHL were signed? No biggie." That said, I think Minnesota's prospect pool is somewhat overrated because of draft positions. I'm not too high on Graovac. Similarly, I think Calgary is somewhat underrated (first time I've ever said that!). Brossoit and Wotherspoon are most definitely underrated.

No doubt.

Considering a bunch of these guys were almost, or were, WJC players for Canada shows the lack of knowledge.

Strome could obviously be huge if the Isles make the playoffs and I would not be surprised if Kristo got a shot with the Habs. Graovac is a plumber in my mind but he could be useful to Minny.

Calgary did very well in the 2011 draft getting Brossoit, Wotherspoon, Granlund, Baertschi and Gaudreau.

Edited by theminister, 04 April 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#18 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Surely the "Minnesota's prospect pool is overrated because of draft positions" and "Not high on Graovac" were supposed to be unrelated thoughts? Kid was a 7th round pick, and in my opinion is looking like the steal of the draft.

#19 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Sorry it's not to your liking.

I made it for hockey fans.

I am a hockey fan and i appreciate reading these sorts of things but i dont think you had to post all of them. Because apparently most people on this board dont know who most of them are. Sorry
Posted Image

#20 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Surely the "Minnesota's prospect pool is overrated because of draft positions" and "Not high on Graovac" were supposed to be unrelated thoughts? Kid was a 7th round pick, and in my opinion is looking like the steal of the draft.

They were sort of unrelated. I think he's over-achieving based on being a 7th rounder but feel that is causing him to be hyped up even more. "Overachieving 7th rounder that doesn't really become an impact player" isn't quite as sexy a story as "Picked in the 7th round and going to be a STAR!" He seems to have a very incomplete game to me and I don't know that he has all the pieces to put it together.

Calgary did very well in the 2011 draft getting Brossoit, Wotherspoon, Granlund, Baertschi and Gaudreau.

Forgot about Granlund somehow. I like Gaudreau too, even though he's a question mark for making the NHL because of his size.

Keswho.jpg

#21 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,138 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

I am a hockey fan and i appreciate reading these sorts of things but i dont think you had to post all of them. Because apparently most people on this board dont know who most of them are. Sorry

Don't post what happened because some people don't know or care?

What about those that do care and didn't know?

Awesome logic.

#22 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Was deadline day the last day you can sign prospects to contracts or something? That's why you see a flurry of these I assume.

for those of you who say you have never heard of these guys, guess you are newbies to hockey. Drew McIntyre was a Canucks prospect not too long ago. He is 29 now so chances are he won't accomplish much in the NHL, but nobody knew who Tim Thomas was when he was 29.
Posted Image

#23 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Don't post what happened because some people don't know or care?

What about those that do care and didn't know?

Awesome logic.

Because some of those players are nobodies. I understand including the bigger name players but were the rookie signings necessary? Whatever though, good thread otherwise
Posted Image

#24 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

i would comment on every player on that list, but i think i will just sum it up with:

who?
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#25 A Random STD

A Random STD

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Wow, people come in here to complain... He clearly stated "under the radar" in the title. These were signings that happened that not many people know about. He could have made each one an individual thread, but decided to make it into one clean list. Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#26 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

You're one to talk. It took you, what, seven years to drop your double signature by signing off your posts bullshit?

#27 da.moose

da.moose

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

In my opinion a defenseman that will be better than any other on your current list was also signed to a 3 year entry level contract by the Winnipeg Jets on April 2nd Jacob Trouba!!!!

A lot of other big names on that list as well. Wotherspoon looks to have top pairing potential for Calgary. I'd say that at this point him and Baertschi are the centrepieces of that "retool".

Strome will possibly give the Islanders the best 1-2 center punch in the league along with Tavares if they both stay long term (Besides the Penguins of course).

The Red Wings need Ryan Sproul to be a top 4 defenseman down the road and possibly even this season if they want to remain competitive.

Danny Kristo has all the tools to be a really good top 6 winger for years to come in Montreal. All of the sudden that team has one of the best systems in the league with a lot of young talent.

Dmitrij Jaskin tore up the QMJHL this season and is one of the best Czech born prospects in the game. Another great looking draft pick by Jarmo Kekalainen when he was with the Blues organization. I'm very excited to see what he does with the Blue Jackets in his first stint as an NHL General Manager.

#28 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,138 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

In my opinion a defenseman that will be better than any other on your current list was also signed to a 3 year entry level contract by the Winnipeg Jets on April 2nd Jacob Trouba!!!!

A lot of other big names on that list as well. Wotherspoon looks to have top pairing potential for Calgary. I'd say that at this point him and Baertschi are the centrepieces of that "retool".

Strome will possibly give the Islanders the best 1-2 center punch in the league along with Tavares if they both stay long term (Besides the Penguins of course).

The Red Wings need Ryan Sproul to be a top 4 defenseman down the road and possibly even this season if they want to remain competitive.

Danny Kristo has all the tools to be a really good top 6 winger for years to come in Montreal. All of the sudden that team has one of the best systems in the league with a lot of young talent.

Dmitrij Jaskin tore up the QMJHL this season and is one of the best Czech born prospects in the game. Another great looking draft pick by Jarmo Kekalainen when he was with the Blues organization. I'm very excited to see what he does with the Blue Jackets in his first stint as an NHL General Manager.

The only reason I didn't include Trouba, who is a beast, is because he had his own thread.

#29 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,138 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Because some of those players are nobodies. I understand including the bigger name players but were the rookie signings necessary? Whatever though, good thread otherwise

:picard:

Rookies are nobodies? I can't believe how dumb a comment that is.

Yes, the rookie signings were necessary. They are the reason for the gosh darn thread in the first place.

You may be surprised to learn this but there are fans of many teams in the NHL, including those who are interested in league-wide goings on, who use CDC regularly. I believed they would like to see what signings their teams made that they may not have heard about because they got buried in the news. Many of these 'nobodies' you refer to are very important pieces for organizations going forward. It also indicates that they will not be re-entering the draft.

Edited by theminister, 05 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#30 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,359 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Pretty interested to see how Jaskin pans out personally.

iM9vOuM.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.