The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Under The Radar Transaction and Signings From Deadline Day

:picard:

Rookies are nobodies? I can't believe how dumb a comment that is.

Yes, the rookie signings were necessary. They are the reason for the gosh darn thread in the first place.

You may be surprised to learn this but there are fans of many teams in the NHL, including those who are interested in league-wide goings on, who use CDC regularly. I believed they would like to see what signings their teams made that they may not have heard about because they got buried in the news. Many of these 'nobodies' you refer to are very important pieces for organizations going forward. It also indicates that they will not be re-entering the draft.

CANUCKS CANUCKS CANUCKS, SEDINS, KEZLERRRRR, BURRRRR, EDLER 4 NORRIS, KASSASSIN THE NEXT BERTUZZI, JENSENNNNN, SCHNEIDERMANNNN, TRADE LUUUUUUUUUUUU, MAY-RAYYYY, HONEY BADGER, HIGGGYYY, LAPPY, ROY BABY, JUUIICEEEE, HAMMERRR, TANEV OUR BEST D-MAN, WEISE RIPPIN UP THE DUTCH LEAGUE, MANNNNYYYYY.

There are Canuck fans and there are hockey fans.

Some people don't appreciate/care about other teams, players, thus huge homerism and bias by Canuck fans.

Rarely you will see an educated discussion on these boards.

I dont even know what to say to this. :picard:

You tell me when

NY Islanders - Anders Lee Signed to a two-year, entry-level contract

Anders is already on the Isle's roster and has scored a goal.

NY Islanders - Andrei Pedan Signed to an entry-level contract

Big mobile defenceman, put up great point numbers in the OHL.

San Jose - Chris Tierney Signed to a three-year, entry-level contract

2nd round pick last year that improved drastically this season.

San Jose - Daniil Tarasov Signed to a two-year entry-level contract

Putting up great numbers in the AHL this year and is only 21.

San Jose - Matthew Nieto Signed to an entry-level contract

2nd round pick who has been very impressive in his brief AHL stint.

any of these players play in the nhl and then ill admit you were right but i guarantee most of these players will not play in the nhl let alone play a significant role. I cant believe how dumb a comment this was: "Rookies are nobodies?"

I never said rookies were nobodies.

I don't necessarily think they're all going to have careers in the NHL but its important to look at the context of the selections when assessing if Calgary 'did very well' in that draft.

Firstly...

begun in earnest.

IMHO, they've gotten 3 NHLers and two more possibles out of 5 picks. That's excellent in any year as you could only reasonably expect to get two players with those picks. Keep in mind, statistically, that most teams will show much worse when all is said and done. I think it's very fair, considering their need and franchise position, to say they did very well in that draft. It was exactly what they needed when they needed it most.

Archived