The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis didn't do enough at Deadline

J529

They got some much needed help down the middle with Roy, they tried and almost got Clowe. There were other players out there that were moved, but of course the excuse is prices were too high for rentals and it was tough to trade up to the deadline. As I stated in other Threads and predicted, Gillis would make his one and only big trade which he did (Roy). Once again, he did not do anything to address lack of scoring, lack of size/grit, and another dman. When the Canucks bow out early in 1st Rd once again in 4-5 games and get their asses kicked, what will the excuse be? Injuries? PP sucks? AV outcoached? Luongo/Schneider Saga? Have to wonder how much tension and impact this soap opera with the goaltending situation has had in the locker room, if it hasn't already. MG and AV should be fired, but won't be. Why should Acquillini do anything when you got Canucks fans loading his pockets up with $$$$, running out and paying a kings ransom for Millionaires Retro Jerseys, etc. and every home game being sold out. I really do feel for Luongo after he spoke from the heart yesterday. Gillis created this situation by giving Luongo that stupid contract and it's only fitting he can't trade Luongo because of it. Until Canucks wise up and clean house, nothing will change. Their window to win is all but over. I think the Sedins are fed up which is why their production is done. Gillis, Acquillini and those Canucks fans who can't think for themselves and are brainwashed and believe everything Gillis says, you all deserve what you get. This organzation can't be taken at their word because they lie and mislead. Gilman saying they were looking to make another move or two. Gillis saying they weren't finished. Telling Schneider he was their #1 when he re-signed a new deal until the assumption he was now the #1. Gillis telling young players like Hodgson they believe and invest in them only to then turn around and deal them away in a medicore trade at best. Medicore drafting at best. AV driving players out of town and not being able to develop young players. Gillis might have been smart as a player agent, but as GM, he's not. It's been said and debated lots on here what good and bad moves he's done in his tenture and the bad moves certainly outweight the good he's done.

Didn't do anything to help the lack of scoring? Hello! have you seen Derek Roy's stats?

He made a better offer for Clowe than the Rangers did, and he was in on Clarkson and others that weren't completely available maybe.

They pushed hard, and made alot of offers, it seems like they made serious offers and were really close on a number of others things.

Sometimes things just don't work out, the management worked hard and did a good job.

If we resign Roy he did more then enough.

I don't think you load up this year, it would be a waste of future assets which we dearly need.

Does anyone really think you overpay and go all in this year? I don't.

I couldn't even get through that wall of text, hard to read.

People always say Gillis didn't do enough, and then when he made the Derek Roy trade, they were unhappy about losing Kevin Connaughton and the 2nd round pick. Seriously? Deals aren't just there to be made all the time. People complain when Gillis does nothing, and when he does something, they complain he overpays.

Vancouver could not have offered more than what other teams did for the players that were acquired. Gillis kicked the tires on quite a few players, including Clowe, Clarkson, Torres, among others. Sometimes a deal just can't be made, unless Gillis overpays. Would people rather he get fleeced and "make a deal"?

:picard:

If we resign Roy he did more then enough.

I don't think you load up this year, it would be a waste of future assets which we dearly need.

Does anyone really think you overpay and go all in this year? I don't.

I couldn't even get through that wall of text, hard to read.

People always say Gillis didn't do enough, and then when he made the Derek Roy trade, they were unhappy about losing Kevin Connaughton and the 2nd round pick. Seriously? Deals aren't just there to be made all the time. People complain when Gillis does nothing, and when he does something, they complain he overpays.

Vancouver could not have offered more than what other teams did for the players that were acquired. Gillis kicked the tires on quite a few players, including Clowe, Clarkson, Torres, among others. Sometimes a deal just can't be made, unless Gillis overpays. Would people rather he get fleeced and "make a deal"?

:picard:

Didn't do anything to help the lack of scoring? Hello! have you seen Derek Roy's stats?

He made a better offer for Clowe than the Rangers did, and he was in on Clarkson and others that weren't completely available maybe.

They pushed hard, and made alot of offers, it seems like they made serious offers and were really close on a number of others things.

Sometimes things just don't work out, the management worked hard and did a good job.

Ohhhh noooooo......we didn't get EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who was available at the deadline and EVERY SINGLE BIG NAME FREE AGENT during free agency.....let's bitch and moan and blame our GM for everything.

Gillis did plenty. Derek Roy is so underrated it seems here in Vancouver. stats don't lie. If he re-signs that will be even better. Don't be a hater and open your eyes.

Archived