28 replies to this topic

#1 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

They got some much needed help down the middle with Roy, they tried and almost got Clowe. There were other players out there that were moved, but of course the excuse is prices were too high for rentals and it was tough to trade up to the deadline. As I stated in other Threads and predicted, Gillis would make his one and only big trade which he did (Roy). Once again, he did not do anything to address lack of scoring, lack of size/grit, and another dman. When the Canucks bow out early in 1st Rd once again in 4-5 games and get their asses kicked, what will the excuse be? Injuries? PP sucks? AV outcoached? Luongo/Schneider Saga? Have to wonder how much tension and impact this soap opera with the goaltending situation has had in the locker room, if it hasn't already. MG and AV should be fired, but won't be. Why should Acquillini do anything when you got Canucks fans loading his pockets up with $$$$, running out and paying a kings ransom for Millionaires Retro Jerseys, etc. and every home game being sold out. I really do feel for Luongo after he spoke from the heart yesterday. Gillis created this situation by giving Luongo that stupid contract and it's only fitting he can't trade Luongo because of it. Until Canucks wise up and clean house, nothing will change. Their window to win is all but over. I think the Sedins are fed up which is why their production is done. Gillis, Acquillini and those Canucks fans who can't think for themselves and are brainwashed and believe everything Gillis says, you all deserve what you get. This organzation can't be taken at their word because they lie and mislead. Gilman saying they were looking to make another move or two. Gillis saying they weren't finished. Telling Schneider he was their #1 when he re-signed a new deal until the assumption he was now the #1. Gillis telling young players like Hodgson they believe and invest in them only to then turn around and deal them away in a medicore trade at best. Medicore drafting at best. AV driving players out of town and not being able to develop young players. Gillis might have been smart as a player agent, but as GM, he's not. It's been said and debated lots on here what good and bad moves he's done in his tenture and the bad moves certainly outweight the good he's done.

Edited by J529, 04 April 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#2 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

I think that's all he really could do without giving up too much. Derek Roy will be a bigger asset to the team than a lot of people think. With He and Kesler added to the lineup, we are now a 3 line scoring team, which makes us very dangerous.
Posted Image

#3 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

POPULAR

Your English teacher didn't do enough.

#4 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,283 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

POPULAR

Ever heard of paragraphs?

Posted Image

Edited by Apples, 04 April 2013 - 05:50 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Zuongo

Zuongo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yea... I would rather have him make no trades then a bad one though so I'm happy. Also a few paragraphs would help.. :P

#6 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Didn't do anything to help the lack of scoring? Hello! have you seen Derek Roy's stats?

He made a better offer for Clowe than the Rangers did, and he was in on Clarkson and others that weren't completely available maybe.

They pushed hard, and made alot of offers, it seems like they made serious offers and were really close on a number of others things.

Sometimes things just don't work out, the management worked hard and did a good job.

zackass.png

#7 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Wow..pretty depressing stuff...

#8 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

If we resign Roy he did more then enough.

I don't think you load up this year, it would be a waste of future assets which we dearly need.

Does anyone really think you overpay and go all in this year? I don't.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#9 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

Think it's sad that most of you who disagree resort to attacking someone's grammar. I'm not surprised.

#10 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I couldn't even get through that wall of text, hard to read.

People always say Gillis didn't do enough, and then when he made the Derek Roy trade, they were unhappy about losing Kevin Connaughton and the 2nd round pick. Seriously? Deals aren't just there to be made all the time. People complain when Gillis does nothing, and when he does something, they complain he overpays.

Vancouver could not have offered more than what other teams did for the players that were acquired. Gillis kicked the tires on quite a few players, including Clowe, Clarkson, Torres, among others. Sometimes a deal just can't be made, unless Gillis overpays. Would people rather he get fleeced and "make a deal"?

:picard:

RIP LB RR PD

#11 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

If we resign Roy he did more then enough.

I don't think you load up this year, it would be a waste of future assets which we dearly need.

Does anyone really think you overpay and go all in this year? I don't.

With Canucks fading window to win, plus the Cap goes down next year. I do.

#12 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Think it's sad that most of you who disagree resort to attacking someone's grammar. I'm not surprised.

The fact is when you write the way you did, you will find it hard for people to take your opinion seriously.

Big walls of text don't make people open-minded about reading what you have to say.

RIP LB RR PD

#13 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

I think that's all he really could do without giving up too much. Derek Roy will be a bigger asset to the team than a lot of people think. With He and Kesler added to the lineup, we are now a 3 line scoring team, which makes us very dangerous.

tbh this

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian/Jensen/Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Kassian/Jensen/Burrows
Higgins - Roy - Hansen
pinner - lapierre - weise
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#14 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I couldn't even get through that wall of text, hard to read.

People always say Gillis didn't do enough, and then when he made the Derek Roy trade, they were unhappy about losing Kevin Connaughton and the 2nd round pick. Seriously? Deals aren't just there to be made all the time. People complain when Gillis does nothing, and when he does something, they complain he overpays.

Vancouver could not have offered more than what other teams did for the players that were acquired. Gillis kicked the tires on quite a few players, including Clowe, Clarkson, Torres, among others. Sometimes a deal just can't be made, unless Gillis overpays. Would people rather he get fleeced and "make a deal"?

:picard:

Obviously, he kicked more then tires on Clowe. As we know it came down to Canucks and Rangers for Clowe.

3rd for Torres is overpayment? He's a huge physical presence capable of changing a series, as we remember in 2011.

Edited by J529, 04 April 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#15 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Didn't do anything to help the lack of scoring? Hello! have you seen Derek Roy's stats?

He made a better offer for Clowe than the Rangers did, and he was in on Clarkson and others that weren't completely available maybe.

They pushed hard, and made alot of offers, it seems like they made serious offers and were really close on a number of others things.

Sometimes things just don't work out, the management worked hard and did a good job.

Just goes to show Clowe and maybe some others, don't think Vancouver is Utopia,as some of it's residents think.

Edited by fagin, 04 April 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#16 tbone909

tbone909

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Must be out of work English teachers.

#17 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

If Zack Kassian, Ryan Kesler, Nick Jensen , and Jim Vandermeer come out hard as F00K this team gets its heart transplant that its needed so bad and Gillis dodges a bullet.

#18 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

i said before, if we have a 1st round exit, it is time for MG to be sacked

#19 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Ohhhh noooooo......we didn't get EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who was available at the deadline and EVERY SINGLE BIG NAME FREE AGENT during free agency.....let's bitch and moan and blame our GM for everything.

Gillis did plenty. Derek Roy is so underrated it seems here in Vancouver. stats don't lie. If he re-signs that will be even better. Don't be a hater and open your eyes.

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#20 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Please oh please oh PLEASE! May we have another person step up and start thread with boring jibberish that could have been burried in one of these other 13 thousand threads exactly like it?
Posted Image

#21 J529

J529

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

AV too. He should have been sacked long ago.

#22 africaboombutta

africaboombutta

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Why does everyone feel like they need to start a new thread - there's like 205 threads talking about Luongo/Roy and everything in between. I am sure that your complaint could be included in any of the other 2 million threads out there.

Man when did we become such whiny fans.

#23 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

I've said it before av is going to be sacked before mg

#24 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,733 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, let's trade away our first round picks until 2018 just so OP isn't butthurt.

#25 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,283 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

MG won't be fired anytime soon

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

my concern has always been the young players

no talent being developed that we can say superstars

o wait we had hodgson and traded him away for a grinder

#27 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

ya gillis sucks

he only got us the best center on the market and not every one else for Luongo.

Posted Image

#28 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

I was hoping Gillis would trade one of defenceman for a right handed defenceman.

Oh well whatever, we should be ok with what we have now.

#29 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Faceman

• Super Moderators
  • 6,045 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Posted Image
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.