The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers 0 - 4 Vancouver Canucks

CaptainKool

I'm a bit late to the the show tonight but wow--glad to see one of the best games the Canucks have played recently.

I'm thinking we're playing WAY better with Roy in our lineup, I loved his play tonight. Our entire team beamed confidence with him in the lineup tonight, and while he had a couple defensive breakdowns (he's brand new, give him time to learn the system perfectly), the guy had a couple scoring chances himself, we used him on the PK ,and he made a quality pass to Higgins on the rush to create a goal.

I think Roy is what the doctor ordered, and I can't wait to see where the Canucks go from here. I was watching the post game videos and how Roy's teammates were cheering him before he got interviewed... can tell he'll be a popular customer here.

Well I know this won't be popular but ..........

AV coached Edmonton OUT OF THAT GAME................of that there was no doubt.

Also he did it while we still had good players injured but MG at last GAVE HIM SOMETHING and the guy made a difference. It is just a pity for me that MG hadn't given AV some better upgrades a year or more ago.

Anyway great team performance.

Also he did it while we still had good players injured but MG at last GAVE HIM SOMETHING and the guy made a difference. It is just a pity for me that MG hadn't given AV some better upgrades a year or more ago.

Now that is more like it. Nice to see an exciting Canucks game again. Big win. Nice to see them in first again.

It wasn't a perfect game but it showed the makings of a team that could compete in the playoffs. You get the Sedin line producing, you got the Roy line looking solid and then you bring in a Kesler line and suddenly you have a team that has a chance to wins some playoff series'.

It's only one game but it was nice to see something good.

Higgins was going wild out there. He should sign a new contract between every game.

Schneider played well again. Very good stop on the red hot Hall.

Pretty damn entertaining game, you had to know the Canucks were going to come out guns blazing in this game right?? Flat out embarrassed the last time they met, I'm pretty sure they all had a non-coach late night out in Edmonton, come to the Rog we will show you a good time!! Roy looked like a natural fit out there with Higgins, how many times did they connect before Huggins scored. Sign me up, I want Roy to stay Gillis!!!

Missed the game tonight, but looks like the Canucks finally cashed in on some serious PP time. What's the verdict on the refs tonight? Were there missed/botched calls for/against Canucks as this post implied or was it meant as homage to the men in stripes just because?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Anybody else think that Sully's politically incorrect t-shirt might have offended Bure? I know I personally wouldn't like to be reminded of repression and purging.

Maybe that's just the history major in me talking...

Im not an AV fan by any means. I think i dont hate him as much as my posts give off the vibe that i do. I dont agree with almost all his decisions but he has been successful so who am i to act like i know better?

That being said... You have got to be the biggest Gillis hater on this board.. Who are u to act like you know more than him???

I am glad we added without really subtracting, you make it sound like going out and adding pieces is like going to the grocery store..

We almost had Clowe, he chose NYR... But we also have Kassian who is just waiting to break out and Booth on the sidelines.

Pretty sure MG knows what hes doing, we manage to stay competitive every year since hes took this ship, not many teams have.

Van, chi, pitts, bos and Det, everyone else has been up and down, correct me if i missed some..

They also all have cups since the 05 lockout, cant wait to find out if this slight drop in regular season play will blossom into a playoff ready team, we are definitely tougher than we have been in a long time, just gotta win the fight with the injury bug!

I believe in MG (let's not talk about Lu and Schneids right now, let that pan out)

Go Canucks Go!

Archived