The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers 0 - 4 Vancouver Canucks

CaptainKool

Great game,

Glad to see the team forget about the trade deadline and focus on the game and beyond.

Hope to see more great games from Roy, hope we can find a way to fit him in the cap and resign him, more so because I'm not a fan of rentals and would believe Gillis has the intention of resigning.

Schneids continues to show us that he is the man. Luongo is great and he would imagine he will be traded off for picks and prospects more so than roster players.

On Kassian, looked like he took the Chicago lesson to heart, hope he learned to work hard everyday. On Jensen he looked alright will need some adjusting but I'm just happy that AV is giving him decent ice time (10 minutes this game). He'll be sent down in at most 5 games anyways to save a year from expiring on his contract.

if we can actually keep up this effort level, we will be able to contend.

Sedins -Burrows

Raymond/Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond/Higgins - Roy - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Edler

Ballard - Tanev

Barker

Schneider

Lu

It's amazing what adding one player can do for a team.

I think the big question is seeing how Jensen plays with Kesler, if he gets say.. 2 games with Kesler and lights it up, do we burn a year and bring him along for the playoffs?

I doubt it but still, could you imagine:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-kesler-Jensen

Higgins-Roy-Kassian

Booth-Lapierre-Hansen

*Pini,Schroeder,Weise*

drools...

I said in the GDT that this would be the most important game of the season from a mental standpoint and I'm glad the Canucks came through. With Minnesota playing and losing at the same time, and the red-hot Oilers coming into town after blowing us out, this was a statement game.

So of course it's Henrik Sedin who carries the Canucks. This was a true character game by the twins who tee up the game winner and score a beauty. They didn't really dominate with Burrows on their line, but had a few great shifts and scored one of the prettiest goals of their season. Burrows did look invisible on their line though - he's better suited to a middle-6 role. Get Kassian on the top line ASAP.

As for Kassian, great game. Nice goal at the end, but he was flying all night, making great passes, came back hard defensively and threw a couple of big hits on key players (knocked Hall on his ass). That sort of game is what you want all the time, it's a shame he requires a demotion and kick in the pants to get heated up. Kassian will thrive in the playoffs - similar to the Bruins, if he's hit or angered I feel he will really come alive, which is why we need him defending the twins. Almost scored the goal of the year on Khabibulin too with that attempted Bure kick pass.

It's no coincidence that the Sedins came alive when we finally get a 2nd line center. They need one for matchup game, and Roy was huge for us tonight. He's got some serious skill and speed, and was alright defensively too (a couple of bad turnovers). Lovely pass to Higgins who's really emerging for us now along with Hansen and Raymond as our secondary scorers.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - the Canucks are probably the deepest team at the forward position right now. When Kesler returns, we'll have a 60-80 point center in Roy on the 3rd line flanked by two 20-goal scorers. No other team in the league has that luxury - not even Pittsburgh who will have Sutter (40 point center), Morrow (no longer a 20 goal scorer) and maybe Iginla (currently being outscored by our wingers).

Of course our PK and PP was the difference tonight. We finally win a special teams battle and it wins us the game. Winning these close, tight checking games where not many penalties are called is playoff hockey, and with our depth scoring this bodes very well for us in the playoffs. All we need is a little more physicality and I'm confident this group will go far. They're far deeper than even the 2011 group.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Edler still looks brutal. Shouldn't be playing if he's hurt, complete liability out there.

Everyone else,

backpain-1292835351.jpg

Guest Gumballthechewy

Well actually prolonged use of marijuana can trigger schizophrenia especially if there is a history in the family. Psychosis too which can have bipolar effects.

Archived