The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler proving why hes our #1 D-man

Merely

It's funny how we now see all of these people who claim to have "never liked" Edler, "wanted him traded last year", "hated the new contract when it was signed" and "always thought he was a liability", etc, etc...

I don't recall seeing very much in the way of that sentiment prior to this year. Maybe some of you clairvoyants could provide us with some samples of your insight from years past...

This is a true statement.

You have never liked Edler.

You think he is a useless pansy.

You think the Canucks should give him away for nothing and promote Kevin Connauton who could easily take his place.

You know more about hockey than Brian Burke, Dave Nonis, Mike Gillis, and Alain Vigneault.

If Aquilini hired you to replace Gillis/Vigneault, the Canucks would win the Cup every year.

What are you talking about running your mouth like that?

The only thing you're right about is that yes he is a pansy and i thought Connauton could be a far better all around defensemen then Edler someday given the chance and i thought he earned the chance. Now i think the Canucks made a mistake and should have given him the chance and not traded him.

Give Edler away for nothing? I have never said no such thing and i have always thought Edler has always had trade value we could have and still could get something decent in return.

Because i say i have never been a fan of Edler's horrible and inconsistent play and we made a mistake signing him i know more then anyone?

I don't know what else i can say but that you're a fool buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived