The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler proving why hes our #1 D-man

Merely

Any one else see when elder had the puck go by him on the board so he decided to lay down and try to poke the puck back into the corner only to cost a scoring opportunity. Elder had a bunch of giveaway today that lucky were not capitalized on. He was by far not our best D man last night. Garrison had a really good game, He was solid defensively. Not trying to be hard on edler but he's not been our #1 d man at all this year

Despite the offensive production, Edler has to be the worst Dman from a defensive standpoint on the team.

D ranking as of this moment IMHO

Hamhuis

Garrison

Bieksa

Tanev

Ballard

Edler

(Note: The only reason Ballard is so low is because og AVs inexplicable press box sittings)

I do believe that Edler does have some major trade value though, as other GMs may covet an offensive Dman that can get them 50 points and make a nice outlet pass.

But as of this moment, I wouldn't trust Edler as far as I could throw him.

Disagree with the haters. I think last night was the best game Edler has played in some time.

Juice and Garrison were the best of the bunch, but overall, it was a very good performance all around from the D.

However, I agree that one game doesn't make up for a sub-par (so far) season. He needs to consistently play like he did last night.

Glad to see Eddie finding a bit more balance. Less mistakes for sure.

The haters in this thread revealed they did not watch the game with transparency or even anything close to resembling a critical eye for the game unfolding.

In fact the team D as a whole looked much better than we have seen the last while. When that happens, it flatters the blueliners.

A good game finally.....I really wished we traded him though...he's just far too inconsistent. He's had like 3 or 4 decent games this whole season and was a mess in the playoffs last year.

and he's our highest paid d-man.

Pros

-big

-great slapper

-good speed for a big guy

Cons

-bad defensively

-refuses to hit

-gets beat one on one a lot for a "potential norris winner"

It seems like he doesn't give 100% effort most of the time he plays imo.

Maybe his back is still bothering him? If it is it would be pretty stupid for him to be playing when we have so many defencemen ready to step in.

Disagree with the haters. I think last night was the best game Edler has played in some time.

Juice and Garrison were the best of the bunch, but overall, it was a very good performance all around from the D.

However, I agree that one game doesn't make up for a sub-par (so far) season. He needs to consistently play like he did last night.

Personally, I am not an Edler hater, I am simply a Cup lover - probably the same is true with most "haters". I happen to believe that Edler is a liability and I hope he is traded this summer while we can still ship him for a decent return.

You're probably right: last night's game was probably his best lately. But if you have a chance to watch a replay and pick up on his mistakes (particularly one dumb giveaway early on, that might have changed the complexion of the game), you will realize how much worse he usually is. So please don't just believe me or the other "haters", just pay a bit more attention in the following games.

A good game finally.....I really wished we traded him though...he's just far too inconsistent. He's had like 3 or 4 decent games this whole season and was a mess in the playoffs last year.

and he's our highest paid d-man.

Pros

-big

-great slapper

-good speed for a big guy

Cons

-bad defensively

-refuses to hit

-gets beat one on one a lot for a "potential norris winner"

It seems like he doesn't give 100% effort most of the time he plays imo.

Maybe his back is still bothering him? If it is it would be pretty stupid for him to be playing when we have so many defencemen ready to step in.

Archived