Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Edler proving why hes our #1 D-man

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
184 replies to this topic

#181 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

It's funny how we now see all of these people who claim to have "never liked" Edler, "wanted him traded last year", "hated the new contract when it was signed" and "always thought he was a liability", etc, etc...

I don't recall seeing very much in the way of that sentiment prior to this year. Maybe some of you clairvoyants could provide us with some samples of your insight from years past...

I have always said in the past Edlers bad greatly outweighs his good and anyone with half a brain sees that now.

Lots of fans went on and on how he is the best Canucks defensemen, a future Norris Trophy winner and one of the leagues best lol

If it were up to me he wouldn't be anymore then a 5-6 defensemen on this team at best.

MG was foolish to sign him seeing how inconsistent he is and messed this one up.

Edited by The Big Luongo, 09 April 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#182 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

This is a true statement.

You have never liked Edler.

You think he is a useless pansy.

You think the Canucks should give him away for nothing and promote Kevin Connauton who could easily take his place.

You know more about hockey than Brian Burke, Dave Nonis, Mike Gillis, and Alain Vigneault.

If Aquilini hired you to replace Gillis/Vigneault, the Canucks would win the Cup every year.

What are you talking about running your mouth like that?

The only thing you're right about is that yes he is a pansy and i thought Connauton could be a far better all around defensemen then Edler someday given the chance and i thought he earned the chance. Now i think the Canucks made a mistake and should have given him the chance and not traded him.

Give Edler away for nothing? I have never said no such thing and i have always thought Edler has always had trade value we could have and still could get something decent in return.

Because i say i have never been a fan of Edler's horrible and inconsistent play and we made a mistake signing him i know more then anyone?

I don't know what else i can say but that you're a fool buddy.

#183 Mike27

Mike27

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

What are you talking about running your mouth like that?

The only thing you're right about is that yes he is a pansy and i thought Connauton could be a far better all around defensemen then Edler someday given the chance and i thought he earned the chance. Now i think the Canucks made a mistake and should have given him the chance and not traded him.

Give Edler away for nothing? I have never said no such thing and i have always thought Edler has always had trade value we could have and still could get something decent in return.

Because i say i have never been a fan of Edler's horrible and inconsistent play and we made a mistake signing him i know more then anyone?

I don't know what else i can say but that you're a fool buddy.

Everyone who doesn't agree with you is a fool, according to you. Therefore, Gillis, Vigneault, etc must be fools, because they sign Edler to long term contracts and play him the most minutes of any Canucks defensemen.  Since I assume you do not consider yourself to be a fool, you must be smarter than the Canucks braintrust.I may be wrong about the last conclusion....

Edited by Mike27, 10 April 2013 - 12:59 AM.

Trade Bieksa? Not even if it was a one for one deal for a guy like Ovechkin. And I am being serious. Linden53

#184 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'd have to say the defense on this club is improving by the game or is it Schneider getting hot at the right time? I'd say both. Take a look at the standings, the Canucks goals against is dropping like a led balloon.

Edited by aqua59, 10 April 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#185 Merely

Merely

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

I told you all.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.