The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Jensen, clearly not ready for the Big Show...yet**

carlweezer

No dis to him, still love this draft choice by Gillis but clearly this guy is probably 2 seasons away from being able to be an everyday player for us. I think he gets sent down as soon as MayRay is healthy and definitely by the time Kesler is healthy! Great experience for him tho and hopefully he builds chemistry with Schroeder when he gets sent back down to the Wolves in a couple of days.

and please dont even bother trying to blame his inevitable demotion on AV. He has been in good situations from playing with the Sedins and also 2nd unit PP tonight briefly. No need to rush this guy, if we were a crapty team then it might be a different story, but as it turns out we are pretty deep in forwards.

Good luck to him and his continued development.! Good Canadian boy!

Well, he will be sent down when we get Kesler back and with Raymond, we won't even have room for Jensen.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Weise-Lappy-Pinnizotto

Yep, no room for Jensen when everyone is healthy. I assume they will just send him down once he hits the 5 game mark.

I thought he held his own tonight actually. Maybe a little tentative at times but was not a liability defensively and showed some offensive creativity a couple of times. Obviously he'll be sent back after 5 games, but we saw a bit of our future on display there with him on that line with Kass. I thought that line played well overall.

He seems good so far, but I don't believe he's ready yet. He seems a little scared, but it's his first call up the big club, what can you expect?

Other than that, he seems to have good speed and good hockey sense. He should be a decent player once he's acquainted.

Archived