The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Jensen, clearly not ready for the Big Show...yet**

carlweezer

I thought he looked good. But per usual, AV keeps him on a line with Lappiere, and puts a guy like Hansen on the PP with the Sedins, where he clearly was out a place, rather than an offensive and skilled forward like Jensen. It's repeated so many times, but it's true. AV is ridiculous with these offensive rookies and not putting them in offensively minded situations. A guy like Jensen wont grow as a player playing with Lappiere, or Pinnizotto. Sure Kassian is skilled, but not enough to make a difference for the guy. Frustrating to see.

I thought he looked good. But per usual, AV keeps him on a line with Lappiere, and puts a guy like Hansen on the PP with the Sedins, where he clearly was out a place, rather than an offensive and skilled forward like Jensen. It's repeated so many times, but it's true. AV is ridiculous with these offensive rookies and not putting them in offensively minded situations. A guy like Jensen wont grow as a player playing with Lappiere, or Pinnizotto. Sure Kassian is skilled, but not enough to make a difference for the guy. Frustrating to see.

Looks better defensively then I expected, I love how hard he back checks, reminds me of Raymond.

He looks a bit nervous whenever he has the puck though, kind of like Kassian in some of his first games with us where he would give the puck away too fast. He seems to have a lot more patience with the puck now though.

Once Jensen has more games under him and confidence he will start to show what he can do.

Incorrect for the last two. Players not playing in a North American professional league who are under the age of 20 can have their ELCs slide. Jensen qualified for this while playing in the SEL. For an example, see Peter Andersson's contract for the year he was under 20 and still playing in the SEL. Once he hit the age cutoff, his contract could no longer slide while being overseas.

Normally a year of the contract will only be 'burned' if a player plays in more than 9 NA pro games, but as this is a lockout shortened season, a year of his deal is burned if he plays more than 5 (regular season and playoffs included). With a full season again next year, it goes back to 9 available games before the contract is burned on the 10th game played.

When he's got the puck, boy does he have grace and speed. I feel his positioning is off, and his awareness of the puck is a little off also, but he's definitely got talent. This kid is only going up! I say keep him up here as long as we can, playing the AHL guys (for them) is only beneficial, getting them used to the NHL and the way the Canucks play. If we need to, take him down when Kes is back, that's the only logical reason I see, until then I love to see Jensen play.

CDC is full of talent evaluators. We have no idea what they asked him to do. The team has a plan for him which I am sure they explicitly informed him of before the games he has played. As far as we know, he is doing exactly what the team has asked of him. Just because he isn't scoring at a rapid fire pace, does not mean he is not ready to play in the NHL.

Archived