The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Jensen, clearly not ready for the Big Show...yet**

carlweezer

I thought he had a lot of jump in the first period, kinda faded after that... but what can you expect in 10 minutes of ice time? That said, I do agree that he's not quite ready yet. You could put him with the Twins, but then again you could also put Sestito with the Twins and he'd probably score a couple. I think it's great that he's getting a few games of experience though, it'll give him an idea of where to improve and by next year he might be more ready for semi-regular duty.

I thought he had a lot of jump in the first period, kinda faded after that... but what can you expect in 10 minutes of ice time? That said, I do agree that he's not quite ready yet. You could put him with the Twins, but then again you could also put Sestito with the Twins and he'd probably score a couple. I think it's great that he's getting a few games of experience though, it'll give him an idea of where to improve and by next year he might be more ready for semi-regular duty.

Well he is only 20 and hasn't been a defensive liability and is getting some pretty decent chances while on the ice, maybe not this season since it would be a huge waste to burn a year off the ELC for 11 more games but next season he should be in the lineup to stay.

It's good to give the young guys a taste before they're ready. An idea of how good they're going to need to get if they want to play in the NHL. Send them back to the AHL to work on their game and then give them another shot a little ways into the future.

Jensen has been good for a rookie defensively and everyone knows he's got the big shot. Just needs to work on his awareness and the little things you need to do to find yourself getting scoring chances.

Archived