The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Jensen, clearly not ready for the Big Show...yet**

carlweezer

We haven't seen him in situations to evidence his finish, the strongest part of his game, but the other things he has shown are promising imo, for such a young guy - awareness in his own end of the ice, and shows good strength in his puck battles. He hasn't quite shown a cycle game to make him a viable linemate for the twins yet, but he's had only a few handfuls of shifts in the NHL.

I like seeing him on the roster though, in the absence of an entire line of top 6/9 guys, and a few 4th liners...Good experience, and he certainly doesn't hurt the team when he's on the ice, which is a positive in itself - solid signs whether scoring or not.

Yes that's the right move.

I'd like to see him play a game with Raymond + Roy for a game first though. Such speed, and Roy looked very dangerous last night.

I also liked the shift with Kassian, Roy and Burrows. It might just free up Kess to play with the Twins...

Probably be sent back to the Wolves when Raymond is back.

We could see him back for the playoffs though depending how far the wolves go.

You fail to realize the type of player Jensen is. First of all, he's our TOP prospect. Second of all, he lead his team in scoring in the SEL. He has experience playing against men and held his own pretty damn well. You're treating him like he's a Jankowski. Give the kid a break and accept that he's going to play a few more games here until he reaches his limit. All your negativity after a win is blatant trolling. I'd stop before you get banned.

He's not ready yet.

Part of it seems timidness/nervousness

Like his skill set.

Some traits are NHL level.

Others not quite yet.

Promising.

He's been decent defensively, which I thought was supposed to be a weak area.

Pleasant surprise.

I think at this point the biggest problem with him is his timing. I think he has the skill set to play in the NHL but he needs to get used to the speed of the game.

I like him but I'm thinking at the least maybe next year is a better time for him. Certainly they should play him as much as they can here now but I don't see him having a real consistent impact until next year at the earliest.

He was born in Denmark. That makes him born in Denmark with a Danish heritage. He moved to Canada a young age and because of his father, he has dual citizenship with Denmark and Canada.

He chose to identify with Denmark in the tournament, which is well-within his right.

Therefore the statement, "Good Canadian Boy" technically is inaccurate.

In the end, who cares? He is BOTH Canadian and BOTH Danish.

I think at this point the biggest problem with him is his timing. I think he has the skill set to play in the NHL but he needs to get used to the speed of the game.

I like him but I'm thinking at the least maybe next year is a better time for him. Certainly they should play him as much as they can here now but I don't see him having a real consistent impact until next year at the earliest.

He looked more nervous than anything to me, and as others mentioned, his timing seems to be a bit off.

That said, it is only his second game, and he is on the 4th line. Why not try him on the second line, drop Hansen to the 3rd and see if he gains some confidence and timing, even for a single game.

Playing on the 4th line is not going to help the situation.

He has had some difficult games but in fairness he has not looked great in Chicago either. The setting up of our owned affiliate can't come quick enough for these young guys as far as I'm concerned.

We need them to be playing the Vancouver systems before they come up. Having said that I thought Schroeder was doing fine and was a bit unfortunate to go down. It's a pity he couldn't find a place in the team just to watch how a small centre like Roy can shine amongst these big bodies.

I've been impressed with him defensively. I don't think he has shown everything he can yet, I think he could play better offensively.

But I think he is really nervous. Its his first time in the league, its not that surprising. He's still shown some good things.

Archived