The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Very Skeptical About The Roy Trade!

Pasific Coluseum

Not knowing much about Roy who before going to Dallas was an Eastern player. I don't follow the East let alone Buffalo save for Boston & Pittsburgh. I've always heard the name Derek Roy but attributed his point production to Eastern style of play i.e Less travel, grind & physicality thus easier to score.

He gets traded to Dallas and suffers a scoring drought. Most of his points coming in way from assists.

He becomes expendable due to UFA and so-so average play in Dallas.

The Canucks trade for him at the deadline. Initially I'm content because I was under the impression he was not the only player we were to acquire. Then I do a little more research and find out he's only 5'9 tall. Talk about small...

This guy better put up points in the PLAYOFFS. I don't care if he puts up sick regular seasons numbers. We got this guy for the PLAYOFFS. I have a 6th sense that Roy is going to get manhandled easily come playoffs.

Roy alone is such a WTF move. What we needed is Clowe & (2 goals in 1st game with Rangers), Torres, Chimera, Jagr, Pominville. Not just Mr. Derek 5'9 Roy. Hey while we're why don't we go for Steve Sullivan & Matthew Lombardi eh...

I hope Gillis knows what he's doing. I want him to prove me wrong. I see this Roy rental trade as completely suspect.

Im just surprised we made 1 trade only.. if we are making a trade for a rental only at the cost of a 2nd and a prospect.. that means we are going to make a push eh? There were other holes that still needed to be filled and we didnt fill it. So we wasted a 2nd round and a prospect just so we can hopefully win 1 more round than last year? anaheim chicago minnesota st louis LA if we meet any of those team we only have a 50/50 chance of winning the series and definitely wont be a clear favorite.. and imagine having to do that in 3 straight series.. chances are we wont..

Not knowing much about Roy who before going to Dallas was an Eastern player. I don't follow the East let alone Buffalo save for Boston & Pittsburgh. I've always heard the name Derek Roy but attributed his point production to Eastern style of play i.e Less travel, grind & physicality thus easier to score.

He gets traded to Dallas and suffers a scoring drought. Most of his points coming in way from assists.

The Canucks trade for him at the deadline. Initially I'm content because I was under the impression he was not the only player we were to acquire. Then I do a little more research and find out he's only 5'9 tall. Talk about small...

This guy better put up points in the PLAYOFFS. I don't care if he puts up sick regular seasons numbers. We got this guy for the PLAYOFFS. I have a 6th sense that Roy is going to get manhandled easily come playoffs.

Roy alone is such a WTF move. What we needed is Clowe & (2 goals in 1st game with Rangers), Torres, Chimera, Jagr, Pominville. Not just Mr. Derek 5'9 Roy. Hey while we're why don't we go for Steve Sullivan & Matthew Lombardi eh...

I hope Gillis knows what he's doing. I want him to prove me wrong. I see this Roy rental trade as completely suspect.

He is a better version of Chris Higgins...also in my eyes the third best forward on our team. We gave up a 2nd round draft pick and a next to nothing prospect. Cannauton had several players jump over him on the depth chart so he was expendable. You a very wrong my friend.

Im just surprised we made 1 trade only.. if we are making a trade for a rental only at the cost of a 2nd and a prospect.. that means we are going to make a push eh? There were other holes that still needed to be filled and we didnt fill it. So we wasted a 2nd round and a prospect just so we can hopefully win 1 more round than last year? anaheim chicago minnesota st louis LA if we meet any of those team we only have a 50/50 chance of winning the series and definitely wont be a clear favorite.. and imagine having to do that in 3 straight series.. chances are we wont..

The poster may have a point. The play-offs are played under frankly different rules. I have no idea if he's a Gomez small or a Kane small player. I do know we were handed our lunch by Boston a couple of seasons ago AND MG has a new propensity to draft large players, I assume as a direct reaction to the fact they were manhandled. So trading for Roy means ?? Peronally I think it has a lot to do with Roys brother living locally and maybe one of the few players that's willing to move to Vcr.

As for Clowe I believe he, Thorton and the coach were at permanent logger heads, or so it's been reported, Clowe just didn't want to be in SJ and made his position very clear. It's worked and he's out. He didn't have his hands cut off this season he just wasn't interested in playing and helping SJ.

Archived