The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Very Skeptical About The Roy Trade!

Pasific Coluseum

Everyone is talking about how he wasn't having a good year in Dallas...

22 points in 30 games isn't a good year? That's 3rd on our team behind the Twins...

He was fine in Dallas and he will be fine here. Now we just need to re-sign him.

Not only did he have 22pts in 30 games. He was given defensive zone starts because Dallas was doing some sheltering of their own, according to PITB. And he was still a plus 3 in a team of mostly minuses. His possession numbers have been good. His playoffs numbers in the past have been average. Together with Hank and Kesler, I'm sure we will be very competitive down the middle in the PO.

Add to that we have NO playmaking C's after Hank, Roy surely will be a welcomed addition.

So you have no idea who the player is, how good he will do, what his strengths are, or what he'll in the playoffs, and you created a thread why?

I used to think you were just a bad troll but now ... no you're just clueless and have access to the internet.

New NHL. No defense. Buffalo dominant.

Last two playoffs: 7gp 0g 3a 1career-altering injury.

However, he wasn't 3rd string like he is here. The addition of Roy ties into the return of SuperKesler. So I certainly hope this 'Make Kesler his wing' talk wasn't serious. Because that would be a total waste. Once in awhile only, please. Roll three lines that can score and behold! Goals! Takes the pressure off one particular line to do the offensive work.

Not knowing much about Roy who before going to Dallas was an Eastern player. I don't follow the East let alone Buffalo save for Boston & Pittsburgh. I've always heard the name Derek Roy but attributed his point production to Eastern style of play i.e Less travel, grind & physicality thus easier to score.

He gets traded to Dallas and suffers a scoring drought. Most of his points coming in way from assists.

He becomes expendable due to UFA and so-so average play in Dallas.

The Canucks trade for him at the deadline. Initially I'm content because I was under the impression he was not the only player we were to acquire. Then I do a little more research and find out he's only 5'9 tall. Talk about small...

This guy better put up points in the PLAYOFFS. I don't care if he puts up sick regular seasons numbers. We got this guy for the PLAYOFFS. I have a 6th sense that Roy is going to get manhandled easily come playoffs.

Roy alone is such a WTF move. What we needed is Clowe & (2 goals in 1st game with Rangers), Torres, Chimera, Jagr, Pominville. Not just Mr. Derek 5'9 Roy. Hey while we're why don't we go for Steve Sullivan & Matthew Lombardi eh...

I hope Gillis knows what he's doing. I want him to prove me wrong. I see this Roy rental trade as completely suspect.

Not knowing much about Roy who before going to Dallas was an Eastern player. I don't follow the East let alone Buffalo save for Boston & Pittsburgh. I've always heard the name Derek Roy but attributed his point production to Eastern style of play i.e Less travel, grind & physicality thus easier to score.

He gets traded to Dallas and suffers a scoring drought. Most of his points coming in way from assists.

He becomes expendable due to UFA and so-so average play in Dallas.

The Canucks trade for him at the deadline. Initially I'm content because I was under the impression he was not the only player we were to acquire. Then I do a little more research and find out he's only 5'9 tall. Talk about small...

This guy better put up points in the PLAYOFFS. I don't care if he puts up sick regular seasons numbers. We got this guy for the PLAYOFFS. I have a 6th sense that Roy is going to get manhandled easily come playoffs.

Roy alone is such a WTF move. What we needed is Clowe & (2 goals in 1st game with Rangers), Torres, Chimera, Jagr, Pominville. Not just Mr. Derek 5'9 Roy. Hey while we're why don't we go for Steve Sullivan & Matthew Lombardi eh...

I hope Gillis knows what he's doing. I want him to prove me wrong. I see this Roy rental trade as completely suspect.

Archived