The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else want CBJ to succeed?

I want Columbus to succeed. I want them to prove everyone wrong.

There are no bad teams in this league, just poorly managed/coached ones.

Jackets have an anchor in Bob, and seem to be playing their guts out this year. Lessons are being learned, and hopefully they can build on it.

Gotta' gut feeling if edm snuck into 8th, they might give the Hawks nightmares. They seem to light up their 'tenders quite often.

Jackets seem a rather boring, harmless lot(will be good in a few yrs, of course); wish them well-reminds me of the Preds a bit.

Would like to see them dress a crazed fan in a strait-jacket, let him run around the bldg.. symbolic of their defensive approach.

Yep. I'm cheering for them that's for sure. I actually think that with this new GM the Blue Jackets franchise is going to turn around. The acquisition of Gaborik puts them on the map. Not to mention they have three first round picks this year in a really deep draft.

Teams like this are enjoyable. Then they make the playoffs and start selling out games and suddenly you have an onslaught of "die-hard" Blue Jackets fans running around talking serious trash.

Though watching Officer Bobrovsky win a cup and Conn Smythe would be amusing.

Definitely, the same goes for Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, NYI, NJ, and Winnipeg, I know they all can't make the playoffs, but they're all still the underdogs I love to cheer for.

This season has shown how the NHL is one of the most exciting and balanced leagues in the world. We've got 3-4 teams in each conference fighting for 8th place. Not to mention, teams like Montreal who were projected to be last are at the top while teams like NYR and the Flyers are on the outside looking in.

And I haven't even started talking about how there are several legitimate contenders this year.

Yes, for some reason I just feel like they deserve to be in the playoffs. They've been outstanding as of late. Without a real star on their team. They have Gaborik, but they were playing amazing before the trade as well. Bobrovsky is absolutely the most under-rated goalie in the league. If he was on the Pens, Flyers, Rangers, or any other team that gets all the attention, he would be very popular. Philadelphia made a mistake by signing Bryz and letting Bobrovsky go.

Archived