13 replies to this topic

#1 Merely

Merely

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Any idea when he will be back? He is got to be a top six, question is who will he replace?

What about when Kesler is back aswell, now is roy going to center the 3rd line with Booth or Higgins?
Posted Image

#2 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

AV said there was something there with Higgins Roy Hansen, and there cleary was , Higgins showed how awesome he is with a centre he can consistently play with , like 4 one timers and awesome feed for the goal . And as AV said post game , just cause you may be the 3rd centre on the depth chart means nothing , its all about Ice Time. Roy can play 20 mins along with kes and hank and AV said he would .

I can not begin to tell you how stoked I am about Roy, going into the playoffs its like he just solidified EVERYTHING. now if we have to play a chicago or whoever I feel so much better because Roy puts everybody in there place position wise. We can role 4 potent lines,

if Booth comes back, ease him in on the 4th again because as we seen , no 4th liner can contain him , he got so many breakaways.

But yeah man I love the way or lineup looks when healthy :)

#3 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

I dont think the rest of the league, aside from Canuck fans know how good Chris is, with Roy feeding him and Hansen , they are gonna be possesed against a team like kings or something . The kings prob think we got no offence cuz we beat them 1-0 and had like 14 shots,

With Roy , not only did we add him but its like we got a brand new Higgins and Hansen, that line was made to be together and then Kesler coming back , kes is a beast , he can take the puck end to end and back check like an animal. remember what he did to toews first round and nashville 2nd round. I love seeing #17 out there with the jersey tucked in half way , haha LOVE IT ;)

but yeah , this is the most exciting time of the regular season man , stretch run , and is sole possesion of the division and wild dont have a game in hand anymore

#4 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

He might back for first round of playoffs...but he has played very little hockey over the past year so who knows how good he is gonna be

Sedin-sedin-burrows
Raymond-kesler-booth
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Kassian-lapierre-weise
Posted Image

#5 RiCHC3

RiCHC3

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

We desperately lack play makers on this team (only Henrik and Roy as far as I'm concerned).
Booth is a is a shoot first kind of guy and often drives to the net. When he's with Kesler it resembles them both taking shots ala...

Posted Image

It's cute and will work well during the regular season, but it just won't cut it in the playoffs -- you need to be able to use the rest of your team.

Personally, I'd be curious about a Booth with Roy and Kesler line, but then that brings concerns about the 3rd line center. From here it becomes a matter of pick your poison... have an ineffective (or less effective) 2nd line or 3rd.

Edited by RiCHC3, 06 April 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#6 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

keep Higgins Roy Hansen , let them get insane chemistry and lets roll baby , we need to get hot and healthy ;)

#7 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

Posted Image

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#8 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,101 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

I think he may play with Higgins and Roy, he has no chemistry with Kesler. Roy is a pass first type of player who can set Booth up

Edited by Apples, 06 April 2013 - 02:01 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 CaNANDian

CaNANDian

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

He will be the highest paid 4th line plug.

Death is certain, replacing both the siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell. Life on this earth, with all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel loneliness and joy and love. There is nothing more; but I want nothing more.

-- Christopher Hitchens

@CaNANDian

#10 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

Any idea when he will be back? He is got to be a top six, question is who will he replace?

What about when Kesler is back aswell, now is roy going to center the 3rd line with Booth or Higgins?

With the game he has he would be the kiss of death to any line. I don't want him near the top 6 until he learns to play his linemates in. I would still have a healthy Kassian on the Sedin line. I would centre Raymond and Burrows with Kesler and centre Higgins and Hansen with Roy.

That leaves Booth and Pinizzotto centred by Lapierre. Finally a 4th line that could contribute.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Raymond - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Roy - Hansen

Booth - Lapierre - Pinizzotto/Weise/Sestito.

That looks like a SC winning team to me.
Kevin.jpg

#11 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

I personally don't get how Ballard has such a good rep on these boards while Booth has such a bad one. Booths production was lacking in his few games this season but from my POV hes been playing well. People here have praised Ballards play this year but Ive not seen it. Aside from that goal he scored against Pitts last year and that monster payback hip check he laid against SJS I haven't seen a whole lot from him to get me excited. Maybe he has good underlying numbers... I don't follow that stuff to closely, but in terms of when Ive kept my eye on him hes been a disappointment to me. I remember when we traded for him I was skeptical. I had heard of him, but at the time it seemed like massive overpayment and ever since then its been even worse.

I honestly like MG. I like a lot of things hes done. I think his hype and praise is overdone and hes an overrated GM but on the whole i think hes been good. Obviously you can't win every trade. My biggest complaint about him is his asset management. We have guys like Lu and Ballard who we really don't need eating up cap yet they basically get benched. Benching good players does nothing for their value. I'd rather field a weaker set of lines if it means bringing back more for our team. Ballard should have had more oppurtunities to show his stuff and Lu should have started more games for us.
Posted Image

#12 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

:blink:

#13 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

Booth and Ballard

2 talented hockey players that for whatever reason do not fit the team

an inexplicable shame.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#14 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

I like the way Booth plays...very strong..he really puts opposing defenseman back on their heels...If he can be healthy by the playoffs,he'll be a huge asset...Throughout his whole tenure as a Canuck,he's been beset by injuries (like Kesler,Booth plays a reckless style which usually puts him on the sidelines).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.