31 replies to this topic

#1 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

What I was thinking was they brought him up before stretch run to show him what the NHL level and competetion is like so if he comes up for playoffs hes not shell shocked , especially since playoffs are double a regular game, with the intensity and physicalty and everything.

So they showed him what it was like , played him with Henrik & Daniel and now that he knows let him go to AHL kick some butt , up his game and then we will see?

or will he not get the call up

#2 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

Don't know.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Maybe for the playoffs because of injury to another player. I doubt we'll see him again in the regular season

g3HKFnX.png

#4 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Depends on injuries.
Posted Image

#5 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Dp

Edited by Gustavo Fring, 06 April 2013 - 12:12 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Alexander 7he Great

Alexander 7he Great

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'm pissed he got sent down, after two games?! I assume because one of our injured players is coming back but if not... boy oh boy.. :picard: :sadno:

#7 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Yes,the first line gets pushed around double in the playoffs. Which is why we should plant Kassian on that line and leave him there.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#8 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,761 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Schroeder should be called up first. Send Ebbett back down when Kesler's back.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#9 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

No more ebbet in t he nhl
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#10 Alexander 7he Great

Alexander 7he Great

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

Agreed, I like Schroeder way more than Ebbett. Also, Kassian should be up playing with the Sedins, once Kesler comes back, put Kassian up with the twins and drop Burrows down to play with Kesler and Roy or Raymond? Or you could leave Burrows up with the twins and have Kassian Roy Kesler as the second line, a lot of options once Raymond and Kesler come back, can't wait!

#11 messier's_elbow

messier's_elbow

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

hopefully not cause that means we have injuries again

#12 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,924 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

Doubt he will get called up this year again, unless we get seriously injured. Maybe next season

apple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

#13 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

I didn't think he looked good at all.

#14 Zuongo

Zuongo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Lol... Op. I to think he looked pretty average...

#15 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

I think he got called up to show him how different things are in the big league so that he goes back and works his butt off for mid season, next season............which if everything goes well is the absolute earliest he will make the team.

We are NOT a desperate mid table team, we are an elite team and you have to show the kind of game that Saad shows before you get/deserve a place.
Kevin.jpg

#16 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

Look, Jensen was given 2 different looks in his time up here. The first was of course with the Sedins, where he played 18 minutes, and had some chances. The 2nd look was with the 3rd line, where he only played 10 minutes and wasn't necessarily a liability. The coaching staff just wanted to see where he was this season, and I fully expect after having seen the NHL tempo, Jensen will go back down and dominate like Schroeder and Kassian have in their briefs stints down there.

That being said, I highly doubt we see him again this season. He'll be brought up after the Wolves season ends, and our playoffs begin - even then he will likely be in a separate practice group. It's good that he had a brief stint with us this season, but let's face it, he's looking at next year's camp, and the Canucks with a healthy line up are fine without him.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#17 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Look, Jensen was given 2 different looks in his time up here. The first was of course with the Sedins, where he played 18 minutes, and had some chances. The 2nd look was with the 3rd line, where he only played 10 minutes and wasn't necessarily a liability. The coaching staff just wanted to see where he was this season, and I fully expect after having seen the NHL tempo, Jensen will go back down and dominate like Schroeder and Kassian have in their briefs stints down there.

That being said, I highly doubt we see him again this season. He'll be brought up after the Wolves season ends, and our playoffs begin - even then he will likely be in a separate practice group. It's good that he had a brief stint with us this season, but let's face it, he's looking at next year's camp, and the Canucks with a healthy line up are fine without him.

I dunno, two games on two diffrent lines isn't really going to show you what the kid can do. They shoulda given him more games. At least to get comfortable. How are you going to get comfy in 2 games on two diffrent lines and get in any kinda groove? That is just silly.

Figures though...the treatment of the prospects is just silly. We are wasting talent and after our core gets too old, then what? Pay thru the nose thru free agency? Because it sure looks like player development isn't what it use to be.

#18 One one two

One one two

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

I'm pissed he got sent down, after two games?! I assume because one of our injured players is coming back but if not... boy oh boy.. :picard: :sadno:

I somehow doubt the Canucks intended to keep him in the NHL in the first place. Besides, two games is nothing to sniff at - it was a good experience for him at the very least.

Edited by One one two, 06 April 2013 - 07:40 AM.

5ExRXNw.png?1

#19 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Prospects get called up for just 1 or 2 games all the time, even if he doesn't get called up its no big deal, we have players in the depths that could help more than him. I'd like to see:
- Schroeder + Archibald up for playoffs
- Corrado given a shot for a few of the last regular season games.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#20 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Don't know.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#21 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

I dunno, two games on two diffrent lines isn't really going to show you what the kid can do. They shoulda given him more games. At least to get comfortable. How are you going to get comfy in 2 games on two diffrent lines and get in any kinda groove? That is just silly.

Figures though...the treatment of the prospects is just silly. We are wasting talent and after our core gets too old, then what? Pay thru the nose thru free agency? Because it sure looks like player development isn't what it use to be.

Lol, it wasn't meant to get him 'comfy' or 'in a groove', it was just to show where he is this season. I like Jensen, and if you take a look I'm pretty active in the prospects forum. Jensen looks like an NHLer, he's not out of place, but at the same time he's not ready to contribute. I fully believe he'll get an extended look out of training camp next year.

I also believe Schroeder will be our 3rd line C next year, and Kassian will be full time top 6. Tanev has already shown he's ready for full time top 4, so I guess with the mention of these 3 players combined with Jensen and possibly Lack making roster spots, defeats your notion of us developing or treating prospects poorly.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#22 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

people he will be back either playoffs or next year

#23 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

I didn't think he looked good at all.

Yeah he was shell shocked, made a few good plays but you could tell he was out of his depth. I noticed him losing his coverage and picking up the wrong man countless times. Things like this don't sit well with AV.

#24 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

There is a marked difference between Saad's experience and Jensen's. But if you look even Saad was only brought up for 2 games last year. They are both the same age but I would say Jensen is a season behind in his development.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Brandon_Saad

Edited by Bodee, 06 April 2013 - 09:07 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#25 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Raymond and Weise are both due to be back and Kesler is close.

Why would you be pissed? They gave him a taste. They don't want to burn a year on his contract and frankly he didn't look even close to ready for the NHL yet.

I'm sure we will see him again if there is another injury or as a playoff call-up if and when the Wolves are eliminated.

Relax instead of posting like a hurt schoolboy. :frantic:
Posted Image

#26 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Lol, it wasn't meant to get him 'comfy' or 'in a groove', it was just to show where he is this season. I like Jensen, and if you take a look I'm pretty active in the prospects forum. Jensen looks like an NHLer, he's not out of place, but at the same time he's not ready to contribute. I fully believe he'll get an extended look out of training camp next year.

I also believe Schroeder will be our 3rd line C next year, and Kassian will be full time top 6. Tanev has already shown he's ready for full time top 4, so I guess with the mention of these 3 players combined with Jensen and possibly Lack making roster spots, defeats your notion of us developing or treating prospects poorly.

I think you are "spot-on" with this post for the most part. Jensen is not an NHLer yet but he is close. Still likely 2-3 years away from a significant offensive role and I do think this was a bit of a test for the team to see where he is at. Had we not had injuries I don't think we would have seen him in the regular season at all.
Posted Image

#27 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

he has a good skill set. the more time he spends logging big minutes in the AHL and dominate there will be better in the long run for him.

G4fSut.gif

#28 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

No more ebbet in t he nhl

Ebbett is the new ROME...I sense that AV loves him.

Posted Image

#29 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Unless there is injuries... Didn't he play 2 games not to use up the 1st year elc?

#30 bahaazar

bahaazar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Totally agree get Corey back dump Ebbs ( he blows ) and ya Jensen needs time...he has potential but isnt ready yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.