The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Jensen come back?

Drew1

What I was thinking was they brought him up before stretch run to show him what the NHL level and competetion is like so if he comes up for playoffs hes not shell shocked , especially since playoffs are double a regular game, with the intensity and physicalty and everything.

So they showed him what it was like , played him with Henrik & Daniel and now that he knows let him go to AHL kick some butt , up his game and then we will see?

or will he not get the call up

I think he got called up to show him how different things are in the big league so that he goes back and works his butt off for mid season, next season............which if everything goes well is the absolute earliest he will make the team.

We are NOT a desperate mid table team, we are an elite team and you have to show the kind of game that Saad shows before you get/deserve a place.

Look, Jensen was given 2 different looks in his time up here. The first was of course with the Sedins, where he played 18 minutes, and had some chances. The 2nd look was with the 3rd line, where he only played 10 minutes and wasn't necessarily a liability. The coaching staff just wanted to see where he was this season, and I fully expect after having seen the NHL tempo, Jensen will go back down and dominate like Schroeder and Kassian have in their briefs stints down there.

That being said, I highly doubt we see him again this season. He'll be brought up after the Wolves season ends, and our playoffs begin - even then he will likely be in a separate practice group. It's good that he had a brief stint with us this season, but let's face it, he's looking at next year's camp, and the Canucks with a healthy line up are fine without him.

Look, Jensen was given 2 different looks in his time up here. The first was of course with the Sedins, where he played 18 minutes, and had some chances. The 2nd look was with the 3rd line, where he only played 10 minutes and wasn't necessarily a liability. The coaching staff just wanted to see where he was this season, and I fully expect after having seen the NHL tempo, Jensen will go back down and dominate like Schroeder and Kassian have in their briefs stints down there.

That being said, I highly doubt we see him again this season. He'll be brought up after the Wolves season ends, and our playoffs begin - even then he will likely be in a separate practice group. It's good that he had a brief stint with us this season, but let's face it, he's looking at next year's camp, and the Canucks with a healthy line up are fine without him.

Prospects get called up for just 1 or 2 games all the time, even if he doesn't get called up its no big deal, we have players in the depths that could help more than him. I'd like to see:

- Schroeder + Archibald up for playoffs

- Corrado given a shot for a few of the last regular season games.

Archived