The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Jensen come back?

Drew1

I dunno, two games on two diffrent lines isn't really going to show you what the kid can do. They shoulda given him more games. At least to get comfortable. How are you going to get comfy in 2 games on two diffrent lines and get in any kinda groove? That is just silly.

Figures though...the treatment of the prospects is just silly. We are wasting talent and after our core gets too old, then what? Pay thru the nose thru free agency? Because it sure looks like player development isn't what it use to be.

Lol, it wasn't meant to get him 'comfy' or 'in a groove', it was just to show where he is this season. I like Jensen, and if you take a look I'm pretty active in the prospects forum. Jensen looks like an NHLer, he's not out of place, but at the same time he's not ready to contribute. I fully believe he'll get an extended look out of training camp next year.

I also believe Schroeder will be our 3rd line C next year, and Kassian will be full time top 6. Tanev has already shown he's ready for full time top 4, so I guess with the mention of these 3 players combined with Jensen and possibly Lack making roster spots, defeats your notion of us developing or treating prospects poorly.

next year's training camp will determine if we seem him on opening night or as a call-up sometime during 2014/15. its bad news for the canucks if he's here during the playoffs....

he showed the potential we know he has, but its still clear he isnt NHL ready quite yet

edit: if ebbett gets the call over schroeder there is something wrong with nucks management...

I dunno, two games on two diffrent lines isn't really going to show you what the kid can do. They shoulda given him more games. At least to get comfortable. How are you going to get comfy in 2 games on two diffrent lines and get in any kinda groove? That is just silly.

Figures though...the treatment of the prospects is just silly. We are wasting talent and after our core gets too old, then what? Pay thru the nose thru free agency? Because it sure looks like player development isn't what it use to be.

Archived