The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Stanley Cup

Merely

When will the Cup come to Vancouver?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think basically we have the bones of a SC winning team. I doubt we would have made the finals in 2010-11 if we hadn't. I think the important players will be with this team and still producing the goods for at least the next 4/5 years.

However, that said we still need to get some major pushback into this team and we will either have to get it from our own back yard (Gaunce, Mallet, Jensen, Suave etc) or we will have to trade for it. Can these guys do it in the timescale? I hope so.

I would have liked MG to have addressed this last year but it seems he either loses focus or can't get a deal done. Roy has come in and looked good but a bigger more physical version of him is what the team needs in the attritional best of 7 format. The guy would be fine in an already physically dominant team like Boston but unfortunately as long as our top 2 lines are set up as they are he is not really what we need.

Archived