The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Challenge for CDC and Canucks Fans in general

BuretoMogilny

Now that the trade deadline is over, now that our team in place for the playoffs, and now that we are in the home stretch, I challenge this board, myself included, the fans of Vancouver.

Cut the negativity, support this team, whomever is on the ice and be the extra attacker.

We all have a right to critisize as fans, heck I've been one of the most critical, but playoff time is coming. One thing any athlete will tell you, is the fans in the arena, off the ice have an impact. Sports are based on effort, energy and emotion. We can assist in the latter 2.

Positive energy towards this team, support when they are down and need a lift, emotion and feeding their energy levels when they need us in the 'garage' - still call it that, and intimidating other teams through that support has an impact.

We want the boys to win the cup? Well you know who the boys are now, this is the team that will make its run. So let's saddle up and ride with them.

If Eddy has a bad game, well who cares, let's focus on his positives and hope he finds his game.

If Schnieds starts and lets in a bad one let's not hammer him, and start the Lou is better trade schnieds, or vice versa.

If Lou's in net and lets in a bad one, let's lift him, let's stand on our feet and tell him shake it off. We got a cup to win.

If Max takes a bad penalty, if Garrison misses the net, if our PP can't yet find it, if Booth isn't scoring, on an on, let's still get behind them.

Let's help them find that swagger, that cockyness, that in your face game that got us there before by showing them their fans are right behind them

That is ...that We are all Canucks

It's time kids,

Go Canucks Go, and go get that damn Cup

Sorry,bud,but you have yet to enter the real world of performance.

When they suck,they need to get better.

When they do well,they need to get better.

Whipping yourself into a delusion of positivity is hardly realistic.

I'm going to flat out disagree with you. Hockey for me is not just about blind faith in my team. It's about analyzing the games, watching individual players, who's hot, who's not, these are just a few of the things that make hockey enjoyable for me.

I will always cheer for my team and hope that they win, but when they play bad, they play bad.

Our guys are professionals and if they can't handle the pressure of one of the best Canadian markets going then they are in the wrong business, or at least in the wrong region for playing.

There are reasons why some players get criticized more than others, and it's because they don't live up to their potential *cough cough, Lou in big games*. Here's the kicker... do we ever criticize Higgins or Hansen when they have a bad game, no? Why? Because they consistently work hard and we as fans know that a bad game will not continue to happen with them. Other players have a history of pooping the bed so they duly experience more criticism.

It seems as though you are blaming us fans for some players lack of performance? I disagree, and I for one will continue to analyze each and every game, each and every player, each and every coach, shift, shot, penalty, etc. etc.

This is what makes hockey fun for a fan. Having said all of this... Edler better show up for the playoffs!

This team is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

!Go Canucks Go! :towel::towel:

I'm going to flat out disagree with you. Hockey for me is not just about blind faith in my team. It's about analyzing the games, watching individual players, who's hot, who's not, these are just a few of the things that make hockey enjoyable for me.

I will always cheer for my team and hope that they win, but when they play bad, they play bad.

Our guys are professionals and if they can't handle the pressure of one of the best Canadian markets going then they are in the wrong business, or at least in the wrong region for playing.

There are reasons why some players get criticized more than others, and it's because they don't live up to their potential *cough cough, Lou in big games*. Here's the kicker... do we ever criticize Higgins or Hansen when they have a bad game, no? Why? Because they consistently work hard and we as fans know that a bad game will not continue to happen with them. Other players have a history of pooping the bed so they duly experience more criticism.

It seems as though you are blaming us fans for some players lack of performance? I disagree, and I for one will continue to analyze each and every game, each and every player, each and every coach, shift, shot, penalty, etc. etc.

This is what makes hockey fun for a fan. Having said all of this... Edler better show up for the playoffs!

This team is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

!Go Canucks Go! :towel::towel:

How did we chear for athletes in the olympics? how did we push the speed skaters, the hockey team when they were behind? Did people in vancouver go silent and bitch?

no they got loud...they pushed them, filled them with the emotion of the crowd to find it, to dig deep and push harder, to burn to win.

why did we do that? because inside we know we have an impact

if we have an impact to those athletes, why do we think we dont have an impact on these guys? our beloved canucks?

and if we assume we can have a positive impact (ie olympics) well we can obviously have the counter, a negative impact, so lets choose the positive and help will these guys to a cup.

thats all - lift em up

No please re read my post. I am not blaming the fans for anything other than helping create this aura of negativity around a team that is it...again lets look at the standings

5th overall in the NHL

People talk about this team like we're Calgary and we are in 5th, despite an underperforming year with our second line all but out of the lineup.

And I also said as fans we have a right to critisize, we pay for tickets, jerseys, center ice subscriptions, $10 beers and $4 hotdogs but that time has passed and why add to negativity now?

Why not lift the team, why not when they are down, lift them? You'd rather sit in the library and bitch? or get loud and get them to pick their heads up and fight like Higgins and Hansen.

Few people have played a sport in front of a large audience. I have, and I can tell you this, players hear it, they feed off it. We have choice, contribute positively to that, or negatively, I choose and challenge vancouver fans to do the same

P.S

I can't really believe people on here are arguing about cheering for a team. That bitching is better in life.

Oh well good on ya!

So, is this a thread about cheering in the Rogers Library or about talking hockey on the CDC forum? I agree that the players love to play in front of a loud stadium and when playoffs happen I have no doubt the place will be screaming, but if our guys poop all over the ice... are you saying that we are not allowed to come on to CDC, Twitter, FB, etc to talk hockey?

So, is this a thread about cheering in the Rogers Library or about talking hockey on the CDC forum? I agree that the players love to play in front of a loud stadium and when playoffs happen I have no doubt the place will be screaming, but if our guys poop all over the ice... are you saying that we are not allowed to come on to CDC, Twitter, FB, etc to talk hockey?

No, there's only one factor in winning a cup: 16 wins in the playoffs.

However, if you're going to stand by that list, I'll say that you're one item short. Coaching is as much a factor as any one of those three in terms of winning the cup (and in fact, is probably a contributing factor to the other three).

I'm still confused with your post. Edler playing atrocious for practically the entire year, Garrison missing the net, Lappy taking ridoculous penalties that hurt the team, these are all aspects of the game that we as fans can make go away by being positive?

I agree that when playoffs start a loud arena can pump up our players and help them work and push harder, but how will the aforementioned parts be remedied by us fans?

If we're in the middle of a big playoff game and Lappy takes a horrible penalty and we lose because of it, are you saying that we should just repress our emotions and say, "don't worry about it Lappy, WE LOVE YOU!" Gotta take off the blinders and see the game for what it is.

When it comes to Lou/Schneid trade talk, this will not go away until one of them are gone, that's called reality. Meez thinks that it will lessen now that the trade deadline is over, but to get so upset about people "bitching" (as you call it) is too bad for you I guess. I think maybe your Canuck positive rose coloured glasses have made you build up a too much repressed emotions from over the years. Let it out man, let it out!

I'm still confused with your post. Edler playing atrocious for practically the entire year, Garrison missing the net, Lappy taking ridoculous penalties that hurt the team, these are all aspects of the game that we as fans can make go away by being positive?

I agree that when playoffs start a loud arena can pump up our players and help them work and push harder, but how will the aforementioned parts be remedied by us fans?

If we're in the middle of a big playoff game and Lappy takes a horrible penalty and we lose because of it, are you saying that we should just repress our emotions and say, "don't worry about it Lappy, WE LOVE YOU!" Gotta take off the blinders and see the game for what it is.

When it comes to Lou/Schneid trade talk, this will not go away until one of them are gone, that's called reality. Meez thinks that it will lessen now that the trade deadline is over, but to get so upset about people "bitching" (as you call it) is too bad for you I guess. I think maybe your Canuck positive rose coloured glasses have made you build up a too much repressed emotions from over the years. Let it out man, let it out!

Archived