Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BuretoMogilny

A Challenge for CDC and Canucks Fans in general

78 posts in this topic

While I agree.. CDC is a place for all opinions & views... Tough to get all these mutts on the same page brother..

How did we chear for athletes in the olympics? how did we push the speed skaters, the hockey team when they were behind? Did people in vancouver go silent and bitch?

no they got loud...they pushed them, filled them with the emotion of the crowd to find it, to dig deep and push harder, to burn to win.

why did we do that? because inside we know we have an impact

if we have an impact to those athletes, why do we think we dont have an impact on these guys? our beloved canucks?

and if we assume we can have a positive impact (ie olympics) well we can obviously have the counter, a negative impact, so lets choose the positive and help will these guys to a cup.

thats all - lift em up

So, is this a thread about cheering in the Rogers Library or about talking hockey on the CDC forum? I agree that the players love to play in front of a loud stadium and when playoffs happen I have no doubt the place will be screaming, but if our guys poop all over the ice... are you saying that we are not allowed to come on to CDC, Twitter, FB, etc to talk hockey?

So, is this a thread about cheering in the Rogers Library or about talking hockey on the CDC forum? I agree that the players love to play in front of a loud stadium and when playoffs happen I have no doubt the place will be screaming, but if our guys poop all over the ice... are you saying that we are not allowed to come on to CDC, Twitter, FB, etc to talk hockey?

there are three factors needed to win a cup

1. Getting hot

2. Getting goaltending

3. Staying healthy

1. Comes from intensity, and emotion, we can help there

2. We have

3. We will have soon with Kesler and just lacking Both.

So fans, our choice to help or complain and sit quietly in Rogers Arena and bitch, or lift our team.

yea, I agree with you, 1 or 2 years ago they were mocking Lu and that just brought negative energy to the team

No, there's only one factor in winning a cup: 16 wins in the playoffs.

However, if you're going to stand by that list, I'll say that you're one item short. Coaching is as much a factor as any one of those three in terms of winning the cup (and in fact, is probably a contributing factor to the other three).

I'm still confused with your post. Edler playing atrocious for practically the entire year, Garrison missing the net, Lappy taking ridoculous penalties that hurt the team, these are all aspects of the game that we as fans can make go away by being positive?

I agree that when playoffs start a loud arena can pump up our players and help them work and push harder, but how will the aforementioned parts be remedied by us fans?

If we're in the middle of a big playoff game and Lappy takes a horrible penalty and we lose because of it, are you saying that we should just repress our emotions and say, "don't worry about it Lappy, WE LOVE YOU!" Gotta take off the blinders and see the game for what it is.

When it comes to Lou/Schneid trade talk, this will not go away until one of them are gone, that's called reality. Meez thinks that it will lessen now that the trade deadline is over, but to get so upset about people "bitching" (as you call it) is too bad for you I guess. I think maybe your Canuck positive rose coloured glasses have made you build up a too much repressed emotions from over the years. Let it out man, let it out!