The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Challenge for CDC and Canucks Fans in general

BuretoMogilny

This dawned on me today as well. 6th place! I like the OP's message but this made me feel better.

And stuff happens; Crosby and Neal are out. Like Boston had a better crack when Hamhuis went down and Kesler played on one leg (or whatever it was that held his groin up :rolleyes: ).

We're a chance! :towel:

NHL standings as of 10:14 est April 06, 2013

1. Chicago

2. Pittsburgh

3. Anaheim

4. Montreal

5. Boston

6. Vancouver

There are officially 5 teams in the NHL with more points than the Vancouver Canucks

I rest my case and the jury finds your arguments to be nonsense.

I'm going to flat out disagree with you. Hockey for me is not just about blind faith in my team. It's about analyzing the games, watching individual players, who's hot, who's not, these are just a few of the things that make hockey enjoyable for me.

I will always cheer for my team and hope that they win, but when they play bad, they play bad.

Our guys are professionals and if they can't handle the pressure of one of the best Canadian markets going then they are in the wrong business, or at least in the wrong region for playing.

There are reasons why some players get criticized more than others, and it's because they don't live up to their potential *cough cough, Lou in big games*. Here's the kicker... do we ever criticize Higgins or Hansen when they have a bad game, no? Why? Because they consistently work hard and we as fans know that a bad game will not continue to happen with them. Other players have a history of pooping the bed so they duly experience more criticism.

It seems as though you are blaming us fans for some players lack of performance? I disagree, and I for one will continue to analyze each and every game, each and every player, each and every coach, shift, shot, penalty, etc. etc.

This is what makes hockey fun for a fan. Having said all of this... Edler better show up for the playoffs!

This team is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

!Go Canucks Go! :towel::towel:

I think a lot of it has to do with pride. Some people want to criticize everything to feel like they know the game well, but at the end of the day it makes no difference how much they do know it.

Also the target audience for this are the extremely lucky ones who will get playoffs tickets... You'd think that they'd be louder after spending all that cash.

If we do go on a run, I'm kind of glad that Luongo is still here. Regardless of his role in the playoffs, he has been an instrumental part of this team - given the Canucks a 7th game SCF experience. He would deserve a skate around the rink hoisting the Cup as anyone else on this team. Winning a cup is not just a one year feat ... you begin to realize that it takes years of growing and learning. So maybe the boys will win it for Luongo because we all know this is his final year in a Canucks jersey.

typical fanboy cdc always criticising and labeling people who complain as bandwagoners etc.

obv we love this team, if we didn't care we wouldn't complian, but if there are faults, then whats so bad

about discussing them, honestly, its the people who are constatly bashing the ones complaining making it seem like

a bigger deal then it is, just get over it for god sakes, no team is 100% perfect, if it's 99% perfect and someone decides to

talk about the 1% everyone goes on a rage and panic mode. believe what you want, everyone has a different opinion, that doesn't mean they dont support the team, just dont force everyone to become a sheep and only post good things

At some point you would think that fans, even those as obtuse as you, understand that if you really want your team to win, supporting them helps more than your approach.

It is funny because most team issues originate from places like these message boards, then suddenly there is an article in the Sun or Province.

I'm a huge sports fan and I am not sure of any other market that is as hard on a WINNING team. We have had an amazing decade of teams and I would love to hear about any franchise that has been better, especially in the NHL.

Hilarious. I love how I get attacked for saying that I see no problem in analyzing the game, our players, coaches, hits (or lack thereof), shots on net (or lack thereof), dumb penalties, etc etc etc :lol: We're hard on our team because we're huge fans and we want our boys to compete to their best because we WANT TO WIN. I agree with WINTER ^ on this one. Geez, I get the feeling in this thread that if I say how I turn the game off when we're getting shelled because I live on the East coast that I will get labelled as "not a TRUE Canuck fan!" :sadno: with this thread. Hilarious people are hilarious. It is the complainers about complainers that are the worst.

Are you seeing this at all?

Hilarious. I love how I get attacked for saying that I see no problem in analyzing the game, our players, coaches, hits (or lack thereof), shots on net (or lack thereof), dumb penalties, etc etc etc :lol: We're hard on our team because we're huge fans and we want our boys to compete to their best because we WANT TO WIN. I agree with WINTER ^ on this one. Geez, I get the feeling in this thread that if I say how I turn the game off when we're getting shelled because I live on the East coast that I will get labelled as "not a TRUE Canuck fan!" :sadno: with this thread. Hilarious people are hilarious. It is the complainers about complainers that are the worst.

I can be 100% behind the team and still rip players and performances when they deserve it. Players really don't read this crap anyway, and even if they did, do you expect that they lose sleep that some obscure poster said something bad about them?

It's a discussion board - open to discussion good and bad.

So fans can't complain at all about anything to do with the team but you can bitch about people who do?

Kinda hypocritical there don't you think?....

Seriously, the point of any message forum is DISCUSSION. That generally means different opinions and different approaches to expressing those opinions. So just because you don't like how other people express opinions it does not give you the right to pretend yours is the only approach that is right.

So fans can't complain at all about anything to do with the team but you can bitch about people who do?

Kinda hypocritical there don't you think?....

Seriously, the point of any message forum is DISCUSSION. That generally means different opinions and different approaches to expressing those opinions. So just because you don't like how other people express opinions it does not give you the right to pretend yours is the only approach that is right.

I agree this market is way to negative, and that we should support them more. Hearing negativity over and over and how this team can't posibly win the cup. While it won't be easy the definteley have a chance.

sitting 6'th in the nhl and 3'rd in the west without Kesler & Roy who they will now have. They also haven't had Booth all year who may make it back. A team that is 3'rd in the west and 6'th in the nhl adding these players is definiteley reason for optimisum and positivity.

I agree, there is so much negativity around here, with that said after a poor performance I don't see anything wrong with saying so. Example: "aw hammer had a rough one out there, missed a few checks blah blah blah" but then let's put it past us and look at tomorrow and show some support. Example: "rough one out there tonight, something's to fix, but let's get 'em tomorrow. let's go boys" It's the let's fire/trade/waive/bench everyone complainers that bug me.

Let's take it game to game. You can say X player had a bad game but let's move on, get back on the horse and shake it off because there's a new day tomorrow.

Don't dwell on the past.

I remember reading an article where one of Vince Lombardi's players described playing for him as basically, (and I'm paraphrasing)

"All week long you couldn't do anything right, but on game day you were perfect."

I think with the playoffs fast approaching, we're getting down to "game day" and the bottom line is, if we truly want this group to be successful this season the best way we can do it is to support the players (all of them, not the rotating scapegoat we like to have) through their ups and downs.

If I were a player, my main motivation would be: my own competitive nature, my family/friends/teammates, the fans who support me and my contract. In that order. If some idiots were spouting off and nitpicking every little part of my game I'd put up with it as a professional, but it wouldn't make me want to work harder. In fact, probably the opposite.

There's a time for constructive criticism and there's a time for support and I agree with the OP that it's time to ramp up the latter.

Archived