Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[PGT] Flames 2 vs Canucks 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
139 replies to this topic

#121 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

Great game! Canucks are 8-2 in last 10.

#122 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Worst thing about Toronto making the playoffs is that we'll be stuck with these CBC commentator clowns rather than Jimmy Houston :(

Posted Image
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#123 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

Posted Image

Can someone explain? Something about Jannik dissing Schneids? Anyone have a vid?

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#124 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,636 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

Can someone explain? Something about Jannik dissing Schneids? Anyone have a vid?

Watching a puck go by him.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#125 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

Roy was quite evasive when asked about a contract renewal...

Because it is only the kind of dumbass idea CDC would come up with after one game. The guy is TOO F---N SMALL for our team. Honestly, I would rather have Schroeder than pay $6M for Roy.
Kevin.jpg

#126 ftmN

ftmN

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

^ That's the only one on youtube atm. Terrible quality but yeah..
Posted Image
Thanks to (>'-')> for the sig.

#127 pianoman13

pianoman13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Schneider is exceptional. The first goal was not good, and he bit way too hard on the fake that caused him to get off his position. But I will never get tired of how calm and in control he is under siege. Strong down low, great positionally, strong mental makeup...all signs point to him being an elite goaltender in the league.

If you can't see that, you must be a Luongo homer.

its funny because I am a Luongo homer, but I dont think the first goal was weak at all haha. wasnt it like a bit of a breakaway? :P

No videos in sig please. 

#128 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,004 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

its funny because I am a Luongo homer, but I dont think the first goal was weak at all haha. wasnt it like a bit of a breakaway? :P

It was a good fake slap and shot.

#129 thejacer

thejacer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

did i miss something last night. why was lapierre benched for the 3rd period??

he served the instigator penalty, and i noticed that he wasnt being sent out for d zone right side face-offs?? wtf happened?

#130 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

Tough one for the D tonight, even though they potted some goals. Sedins and Schneider were unreal, took the game over and robbed the Flames of a W.

P.S. - I would like someone to do a paternity test on Tanev, I am positive he is somehow related to Ryan Johnson........guy can take six bullets to the chest and still finish his shift.

They play a decent d-zone game against the Oilers and then come out with a crap effort like last night. CUP quality teams will eat that d-core alive. Schneider kept them in it again. Tanev took another big hit last night. Teams seem to be going after him a little bit more all the time. A steady physical game will probably affect him more than any other d-man on the Canucks. That said all the d-men on this team seem to have difficulty along the boards. The short pass breakout regularly causes turnovers.

Yes the Twins had a great game but once again I put Burrows up there as the best forward in the game. Everyone talks about the Sedin's hockey smarts but IMHO Burrows is as good or even better. He won the game last night with the Hamhuis setup and then topped it with his goal out front. As much as the Twins are trying to play a more physical game they remain perimeter players because that is where they can move the puck. CUP quality d-cores can box them out and force them to try low % passes across the box or feed their blueline. Feeding the blueline has worked well for them but it does require a d-core that can hit the net. As bad as the Van d-core have been in their own end they are looking better in the o-zone.

Van had a series of 10 games against clubs who weren't making playoffs. I thought I would see more of an concerted effort to tighten the play in their own zone. It hasn't happened yet. CUPs are won on defence and they are not playing well enough in that department.

#131 Vicky

Vicky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Anyone else thinking that Shanny is going to give Juice a call today?

@Boudrias--I agree. Defensive worries aside, the hitting dried up again last night. I die a little every check that goes unfinished. Also, why don't we have a strategy to combat pressure? So many teams come at us (Blues, Preds, Hawks, Flames last night to name a few) and we just have no answer. Our D falls apart, we get hemmed into our zone. It might not be an easy answer, it's been a problem for awhile, but this coaching staff has had years to come up with something.

#132 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

I don't know how they got so outplayed by Calgary but I'll take the win. You wouldn't think they wouldn't need Schneider to be great to beat the Flames but they did and he was.

AV must have had a talk with Roy because he was back deep in his own zone a lot this game.

Tanev limping off was scary, I was glad to see him come back. Hopefully he's fine.

Were they trying to pad Hank's stats or something, he double shifted to score that empty netter lol.

I was pretty surprised to see Kass fighting right after coming back after hurting his back in a fight. He needs to keep himself healthy for the playoffs.

#133 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Because it is only the kind of dumbass idea CDC would come up with after one game. The guy is TOO F---N SMALL for our team. Honestly, I would rather have Schroeder than pay $6M for Roy.

Too small? Don't want Patrick Kane either?

#134 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't know how they got so outplayed by Calgary but I'll take the win. You wouldn't think they wouldn't need Schneider to be great to beat the Flames but they did and he was.

AV must have had a talk with Roy because he was back deep in his own zone a lot this game.

Tanev limping off was scary, I was glad to see him come back. Hopefully he's fine.

Were they trying to pad Hank's stats or something, he double shifted to score that empty netter lol.

I was pretty surprised to see Kass fighting right after coming back after hurting his back in a fight. He needs to keep himself healthy for the playoffs.

Blank zone between kass's ears says hi.

#135 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,203 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

glad schneids has finally found his groove, he has been stellar.

You can view all of my CDC artwork in this thread:

http://forum.canucks...f-toni-zamboni/

Follow me on Twitter:  @Toni_Zamboni

#136 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

In my opinion that is why Kassian should not be on the first line. Last's night game our first line was playing much better then they have been. Burrows effort game in and game out is incredible, Cory held us in large last night. You would think a team (Calgary) that played the night before and got into Vancouver late would not really show up with much drive, but they did.

Roy was good in the defensive zone, and it is finally nice to be actually getting players back into our line-up. We have 3 weeks to get our ship pointed in the right direction and start making our run.

#137 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

They play a decent d-zone game against the Oilers and then come out with a crap effort like last night. CUP quality teams will eat that d-core alive. Schneider kept them in it again. Tanev took another big hit last night. Teams seem to be going after him a little bit more all the time. A steady physical game will probably affect him more than any other d-man on the Canucks. That said all the d-men on this team seem to have difficulty along the boards. The short pass breakout regularly causes turnovers.

Yes the Twins had a great game but once again I put Burrows up there as the best forward in the game. Everyone talks about the Sedin's hockey smarts but IMHO Burrows is as good or even better. He won the game last night with the Hamhuis setup and then topped it with his goal out front. As much as the Twins are trying to play a more physical game they remain perimeter players because that is where they can move the puck. CUP quality d-cores can box them out and force them to try low % passes across the box or feed their blueline. Feeding the blueline has worked well for them but it does require a d-core that can hit the net. As bad as the Van d-core have been in their own end they are looking better in the o-zone.

Van had a series of 10 games against clubs who weren't making playoffs. I thought I would see more of an concerted effort to tighten the play in their own zone. It hasn't happened yet. CUPs are won on defence and they are not playing well enough in that department.

I thought the D was decent,couple soft plays but not that bad at all, was at the game, made a point of watching Barker all night, thought he was solid out there, for a 700K depth guy was one of our better d's. played more physical which was nice to see. Happy to see Tanev back, looked bad when he limped off.
Kassian was a physical force, sure is nice watching him live and seeing him run people out , that Kid is going to be an absolute beauty for us in the future.
Sedins and Burrows were solid.

This team will be o.k if they can stay healthy when Kesler returns.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Sestito-LaPierre-Wiese
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#138 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,382 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Anyone else thinking that Shanny is going to give Juice a call today?

@Boudrias--I agree. Defensive worries aside, the hitting dried up again last night. I die a little every check that goes unfinished. Also, why don't we have a strategy to combat pressure? So many teams come at us (Blues, Preds, Hawks, Flames last night to name a few) and we just have no answer. Our D falls apart, we get hemmed into our zone. It might not be an easy answer, it's been a problem for awhile, but this coaching staff has had years to come up with something.

I don't. He took a similar one earlier on (worse?) and so they'd surely have to look at that, too.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#139 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Well nice W last night. Nice to see Hank reach another milestone. Schneider was very good except on the first goal. He bit on the fake and was a bit out of position once Wideman took the shot. The Tanguay goal wasn't great either but for the most part just a phenomenal effort.

To me it looked like we played to the Flames level last night and we wanted to coast to the win after the 2-buzz lead. What we got instead was a feisty effort from a desperate team of people trying to earn jobs for next year.

258o0g4.jpg

#140 Van_City123

Van_City123

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

De-schnied!!!! What a game by Schnieds!!!!

negufo.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.