Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Where do our goalies rank in the league? Top ten?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

1A. Schneider
1B. Luongo

CDC Homer Land.

#32 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

Schneider>>Rinne

Rinne benefited from Nashville's solid defensive game. While Schneider gets hung out to dry by his all the time.

Not too many goalies are stealing games like Schneider this season. Bobrovsky is probably the only comparable.

Key words for sure. I think this is something that as Canuck fans we should start getting used to because we're going to be seeing a lot more of it.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#33 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

A simpler way would be to look up the stats at NHL.com Cory falls somewhere in the top 10 Lu falls short of that. In my opinion number of wins means very little. Save percentage and goals against average are the 2 key stats a goalie wants to see. Of course everyone likes a winner, however winning an 8-7 game would hardly be called a goalies game! It is nice to think Schneider and Lu are the 2 best goalies in the NHL, Its also delusional! Having said all that you can see that C.S. has made some improvements to his game He is seeing the puck better and staying in position better and letting the puck hit him. Kodo's to our D for fishing out the rebounds and clearing them. The team seems to know where the puck is going to end up with him in net

#34 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Schneider>>Rinne

Rinne benefited from Nashville's solid defensive game. While Schneider gets hung out to dry by his all the time.

Not too many goalies are stealing games like Schneider this season. Bobrovsky is probably the only comparable.

Couldnt have said it better..

#35 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,264 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

Lundqvist is number 1 imo. No one even comes close at this point.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#36 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Price no

#37 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I really don't think Fleury is that great of a goalie on his own. I know he won a Cup in 09 and has played in the Finals twice, but I think Fleury gives the Pens 'adequate' goaltending, and that's about it.

Oh yeah: Marc-Andre is a beast in the shootout, which is kind of useless come playoff time.

The best bet to rank the goaltenders IMO is to figure out which ones see more shots (like 30+ a night) and still manage to win games and/or have great stats. It's not perfect, but logic would dictate that scoring opportunities would increase as shots on goal increase.

Some goalies hide behind defensive systems that limit shots and scoring opportunities, and as such, they get away with more credit than they actually deserve.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#38 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

My top ten to win this year and a ccup

1. Lundqvist
2. Luongo
3. Rinne
4. Price
5. Anderson
6. Schneider
7. Brodeur
8-10 maybe quick halak and Smith

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#39 Johnny_Drama

Johnny_Drama

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

reimer
Scrivens
Schneider
Luongo

Top 4.

Bernier has out played quick though, don't rank him too high

Edited by Johnny_Drama, 07 April 2013 - 01:36 PM.

"Victory!"

#40 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Somewhere around here:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Tuukka rask gets no love around here
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#42 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Well, he is a Bruin..
Posted Image

#43 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

CDC Homer Land.

It was a joke.

zackass.png

#44 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

If we're going by this year alone, the top goaltenders in the league have been:

Bobrovsky, Lundqvist, Rask, Schneider, and Neimi.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,137 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

1) Lundqvist
2) Price
3) Schneider
4) Fleury
5) Rinne
6) Quick
7) Rask
8) Bobrovsky
9) Crawford
10) Halak

Edited by Apples, 07 April 2013 - 03:12 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#46 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hides behind a defensive system. 5 guys playing D helps your stats tremendously.

#47 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

1) Lundqvist
2) Rinne
3) Price
4) Quick
5) Schneider
6) Rask
7) Fleury
8) Niemi
9) Crawford
10) Lehtonen

Luongo at 11.

Edited by GreatSaveJasee, 07 April 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#48 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

1.Rask
2.Lunqvist
3.Quik
4.Rinne
5.Schneider
6. Luongo
7. Price
8. Niemi
9.Brodeur
10.Fleury

#49 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

My top ten to win this year and a ccup

1. Lundqvist
2. Luongo
3. Rinne
4. Price
5. Anderson
6. Schneider
7. Brodeur
8-10 maybe quick halak and Smith

Lou only at #2? Show me another goalie on the list that has better career numbers then Lou? Ok brodeur possibly but he's washed up at this point and Lou is in his prime.

Cory at #6? He hasn't even played one season as a #1 goalie and he's in the top 10? The only reason he has better numbers this year... Well and last is that the team plays a much more defensive game with Cory in net and keep all the shots from the outside. With Lou they can gamble a little more because they know they have the best goalie in the game ready to save there butt.

#50 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Lou only at #2? Show me another goalie on the list that has better career numbers then Lou? Ok brodeur possibly but he's washed up at this point and Lou is in his prime.

Cory at #6? He hasn't even played one season as a #1 goalie and he's in the top 10? The only reason he has better numbers this year... Well and last is that the team plays a much more defensive game with Cory in net and keep all the shots from the outside. With Lou they can gamble a little more because they know they have the best goalie in the game ready to save there butt.

Excuse me ! Lous SP is 34th in the league stats and is no longer a top 10 goalie. What he was is not being argued here but only what he is now. He is technically flawed and Schneider is the #1 on the Canucks. Schneider has always faced more shots and they sir are not perimeter shots. Schneider is in the top 5 in NHL shots and saves within 15 feet and tops within 5 feet (NHL STATS BUB)...So, before you start belittling Schneider, and pumping up Lou, best you get your facts straight..Lous a great guy just no longer a great goalie.

#51 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Have you watched a single game this year?

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#52 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Schneider>>Rinne

BOBROVSKY!!!
Posted Image

#53 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Have you watched a single game this year?

lol

#54 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

CDC Homer land.

No doubt, Schneider is awesome but a lot of fans are crazy delusional. My buddy honestly thinks Schneider will end his career as the greatest goalie in nhl history, better than brodeur and Roy and sawchuck and Dryden lol... No joke honestly he thinks that...

Crazy stuff

#55 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

No doubt, Schneider is awesome but a lot of fans are crazy delusional. My buddy honestly thinks Schneider will end his career as the greatest goalie in nhl history, better than brodeur and Roy and sawchuck and Dryden lol... No joke honestly he thinks that...

Crazy stuff

i don't think there's a goalie in the NHL right now that will go down as the best ever, next to Brodeur. Maybe Lundqvist, but his team hasn't come close to a championship yet despite their talent.

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#56 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

I am rollin with our boys ALL DAY!

Cory stats aside from game 1 and the edm game are INSANE 1.88 GAA !

You can't delete games when doing stats; however, av pulled him too quick

#57 vcrguy

vcrguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

If your comparing by how experienced some of these goalies are then your right otherwise Schneider is easily in the top 10 in the league right now.

I'm just trying to base it on a one year draft. If you were a GM and you had the pick of any goalie in the league to try to win the cup for "one" year, what goalie would you choose?

I personally would take Brodeur or Rinne, but as you can see by the posts, everyone has a different opinion.

#58 vcrguy

vcrguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

In terms of general ability, this is a debate we could have forever.

Right now though, Cory is the best in the league. He has started the last 10 games, and put up these numbers:

Saves: 251
GA: 13
SA: 264
S%: 0.951
TOI: 544:13
GAA: 1.433 (1.212 w/o Edmonton game)
Record: 8-2-0
Shutouts: 3

If he keeps that up, he'll drag us through one more round than we deserve come playoff time.

If you go by the last 10 games, I actually think Fleury's numbers are better than those. But that's why you can't go with such a short time frame. Each game counts just as much as another.

#59 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm just trying to base it on a one year draft. If you were a GM and you had the pick of any goalie in the league to try to win the cup for "one" year, what goalie would you choose?

I personally would take Brodeur or Rinne, but as you can see by the posts, everyone has a different opinion.

It's actually a very interesting question and looking at the variety of answers, not an easy one. It's not like 15 or so years ago when you could pick Hasek, or Roy.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#60 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

I dunno, call me a homer but i think it's Schneider. I believe he is the best goalie in the NHL he just hasn't proved it yet. He will though. I'm not saying he's gonna go down like a Broduer Roy type legend, but I think he's going to have a nice little run as leagues best goaltender. He's the next big thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.