The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When healthy is this Canucks roster better than the 2011 Stanley Cup Final team?

Belsy91

Tanev is a steady young defensive D but as you say he has little offensive touch to speak of and he also has a penchant for taking big hits along the boards to make a play (hence the current injury). Would he survive a top 4 big minute role for 4 playoff rounds against big forechecking teams like STL or LA? The way he takes hits I have my doubts actually.

If Roy is played on the third line, the Canucks lose the Cup and Roy doesn't sign. If Roy plays on the second line and Kesler defends on the third line, the Canucks drastically increases their chance at winning a Cup and Roy has an incentive to re-sign.

You just don't put a 1C at 3C. You do, however, put a marginal 2C, defensive Selke winning center at 3C.

Our 2013 team is deeper in centermans, and better goaltending, but everything else the 2012 team is stronger. What the 2013 team is missing is Ehrhoff type of dman. Worst mistake ever, Gillis letting his ego get in the way.

I think out foward group mix is better if healthy and having two proven number 1s is a huge bonus. Defense mix was better back than but people think tanev is the missing peice this year to the cup so don't quote me on that lol

We can beat the Hawks.

If we meet them in the playoffs, that's going to be one hell of a series. If both teams are playing at their best.. Jesus, that just gives me shivers. That would be the closest 7 game series ever.

I would pay so much to go to a Game 7 vs Hawks if it happened this year..

This is the best offensive depth this team has ever had. I'm still not convinced team defence is where it needs to be but with the top of line goaltending we have I have no doubt this team has the ability to be great. Power play on the point is weak. Garrison needs to find the lanes and hit a net. Penalty killing is top notch.

This 2013 team in 2011 wins the cup. This team this year competing against Bruins Hawks and a healthy Pens team is in tough. We will need some injuries and puck luck to go our way for a chance or true shot at the cup.

Just my opinion of course.

Archived