The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When healthy is this Canucks roster better than the 2011 Stanley Cup Final team?

Belsy91

This, the 2011 team had rock solid confidence. Even when they were down they knew they were good enough to easily come back. It was fun to watch a team with so much momentum and confidence. Maybe if we go on a run down the stretch this year we can regain some of that swagger.

I don't think we are, I really miss Salo and Erhoff.

What no one mentions is that the Sedins aren't as good as they were in 2011; they're still really, really good players, but not as good as they were back then. I doubt that they will ever be in the run for an Art Ross again...

Don't think Kesler is as good either, I mean: he scored 41 goals and won the Selke! Having such an amazingly good player on the second line was a treat!

So no, I don't think we're as good, but we're still a great team!

not really.. in 2011 some of our player peaked out.. Sedins Kesler all had career years.. since then they haven't been able to get back to that level.. so it's possible they are already on a slow decline... how often in 2011 when u see the Sedins or Kesler dominate?? almost nightly.. how often have you seen Sedins or Kesler dominate since then?? once in a while.. 2011 sedins and kesler>>>>>>>>>>>>2013 sedins and kesler.. 2011 edler>>>>>>>>>2013 Edler.... Garrison and Tanev is not better than Salo and Erhoff when healthy.. since this is based on when healthy..... anyone that thinks our 2013 healthy lineup is better than our 2011 healthy lineup needs to wake up and come back to reality... I don't even recall this year a game against a top contender where the Sedin dominated the other team all game.. when in 2011 it happened more often than not..

not really.. in 2011 some of our player peaked out.. Sedins Kesler all had career years.. since then they haven't been able to get back to that level.. so it's possible they are already on a slow decline... how often in 2011 when u see the Sedins or Kesler dominate?? almost nightly.. how often have you seen Sedins or Kesler dominate since then?? once in a while.. 2011 sedins and kesler>>>>>>>>>>>>2013 sedins and kesler.. 2011 edler>>>>>>>>>2013 Edler.... Garrison and Tanev is not better than Salo and Erhoff when healthy.. since this is based on when healthy..... anyone that thinks our 2013 healthy lineup is better than our 2011 healthy lineup needs to wake up and come back to reality... I don't even recall this year a game against a top contender where the Sedin dominated the other team all game.. when in 2011 it happened more often than not..

Our D is horrendous this year. Edler is pretty painful to watch this year. I'm so used to Hamhuis being steady, but even he has been off this year.

Our power play (besides the finals) was unstoppable in 10-11. That power play struck fear into almost every team it faced. We knew what lines worked and there was an incredible chemistry with that team.

There are a few more games left in this season and I have no idea what will be the best combos for the 2nd and 3rd line. Let's just hope that they find their chemistry before the playoffs start.

The D of the 2011 is better, but the 2013 forward group is better, especially now that we have Roy.

We are a better 5 on 5 team this year. In fact I think we relied on the 1st unit PP in 2011 too much. Hopefully with Roy our PP will get better from now on.

Not having the #1 PP won't be to much of a back breaker once the playoffs start, since the whistles will be put away more then likely. Our 5 on 5 play seems much stronger this year, even before Roy arrived and without Kesler. If we can tighten up a bit defensively and Cory can stay in his groove I think this team will be very competitive come the post season

This roster is better when healthy. only thing missing is Ehrhoff on PP, but 5 v 5 Tanev's got him covered. Garrison replaces Salo. Luo had a great year cuz our D was so good.(Didnt make many mistakes)

Our 2011 D:

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo

Ehrhoff-Rome

This year:

Hamhuis-Garrison

Edler-Bieksa

??-Tanev

On paper they look same, but in 2011 they played better.

Forwards 2011

Sedins-Burr

Higgins-Kes-Sammy

Torres-Lappy-Hansen

MayRay-Manny-Glass

Now:

Sedins-Burr

Higgins-Kes-?

MayRay-Roy-Hansen

Weise-Lappy-Kassain

Top 6 to 2011

and bottom 6 tied because of Roy

Not much scoring from us this year, so until we score 2011 is better.

no, but that's because everyone on the team played above the potential that playoff run, this year the team isn't firing on all cylinders, its as if their timing belt isn't on right

Nope. Team was much more lethal offensively, and had a helluva PP to boot. Our defencemen themselves may not have been better in their own zone (Garrison vs Ehrhoff, Tanev breaking out this year), but Kes and Manny were dynamite defensively and in the dot. PK was better too.

I'd say the only area the Canucks are better in this year is goaltending. Schneider's now a great starting goalie, as is Luongo. No other team in the league has that (though I'd have liked some trade return for Lu). If the pieces fall in place, this team can go that 1 win further though.

Nope. Team was much more lethal offensively, and had a helluva PP to boot. Our defencemen themselves may not have been better in their own zone (Garrison vs Ehrhoff, Tanev breaking out this year), but Kes and Manny were dynamite defensively and in the dot. PK was better too.

I'd say the only area the Canucks are better in this year is goaltending. Schneider's now a great starting goalie, as is Luongo. No other team in the league has that (though I'd have liked some trade return for Lu). If the pieces fall in place, this team can go that 1 win further though.

I was going over our lines this evening and I slotted in all of our injured players into the lineup. If we get hot at the right time I think this team HEALTHY is better than the team in 2011. Roy gives us a legit third line that can score and our fourth line is much tougher. Check out the line combos below, do you agree or disagree?

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Booth

Higgins Roy Hansen

Weise Lappiere Kassian/Sestito

Bieksa Edler

Hamhuis Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Schnieder

Luongo

Archived