65 replies to this topic

#61 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,185 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

But what do you blame the affiliate for? They only sign the contracts... it's the coach who chooses to put them in or not. Right now it's not working.

Pressure to win hockey games over development. I think it all stems from them, and Arneils choosing veterans cause he thinks they give them the best chance to win.

#62 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Game over. Final score: 5-2 Barons.

Shots: 47-28 Barons

Powerplays: Chicago (1/3), Oklahoma City (1/4)

1st period scoring:

No scoring.

2nd period scoring:

CHI Sterling 22 (Groulx, Schroeder)(PP) 3:16
CHI Gordon 18 (Sterling, Haydar) 4:22
OKC Hartikainen 14 (Arcobello, Fedun) 9:27

3rd period scoring:

OKC Martindale 6 (Pitlick, Hotham) 9:26
OKC Rajala 12 (Hartikainen, Stafford) 10:19
OKC Rajala 13 (Arcobello, Hartikainen)(PP) 14:50
OKC Cornet 13 (Arcobello, Cheechoo)(EN) 19:37

Three Stars: (1) OKC Teemu Hartikainen, (2) OKC Toni Rajala, (3) OKC Mark Arcobello

NEXT GAME: @ Grand Rapids Griffins (Detroit Red Wings affiliate) - Wednesday April 10, 2013 - 4:00PM PST

#63 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

For me, it's both. It's the Wolves organization in general.

Pressure to win hockey games over development. I think it all stems from them, and Arneils choosing veterans cause he thinks they give them the best chance to win.

Sure they want to win, but I mean, so did the Moose. I don't think anyone ever complained about them then when Arniel was there.

If we replaced him with a better coach we'd probably see better results and more prospects at the same time. I feel the Wolves' signings only highlighted a problem that was already there to begin with - the lack of centers on the farm. Don't forget, Desbiens was signed by the Nucks because Arniel requested it too. Even Vandermeer is Nucks property.

But I don't think it's realistic to expect an AHL team to be filled completely with young guys. You need the Sterlings and Mathesons to provide leadership and experience. The only problem is the other guys that the coach keeps playing - Longpre, Groulx, Kattelus etc.

The biggest problem really is the misuse of players this year, much like what we've seen on the Canucks. When Haydar keeps turning the puck over at the point for shorthanded breakaways and still gets put out thee in that same position time and time again, that's entirely on the coach and not someone like Young.

Edited by Canvoucer Vanuck, 07 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#64 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Sure they want to win, but I mean, so did the Moose. I don't think anyone ever complained about them then when Arniel was there.

If we replaced him with a better coach we'd probably see better results and more prospects at the same time. I feel the Wolves' signings only highlighted a problem that was already there to begin with - the lack of centers on the farm. Don't forget, Desbiens was signed by the Nucks because Arniel requested it too. Even Vandermeer is Nucks property.

But I don't think it's realistic to expect an AHL team to be filled completely with young guys. You need the Sterlings and Mathesons to provide leadership and experience. The only problem is the other guys that the coach keeps playing - Longpre, Groulx, Kattelus etc.

The biggest problem really is the misuse of players this year, much like what we've seen on the Canucks. When Haydar keeps turning the puck over at the point for shorthanded breakaways and still gets put out thee in that same position time and time again, that's entirely on the coach and not someone like Young.

Nothing wrong with this post. Can't say I disagree.

The only thing I will say is that although the Moose wanted to win too, they still signed far less players on AHL only contracts. There wasn't nearly as big a logjam of those guys to block prospects from getting regular spots in the lineup. I agree with the premise of your post though.

#65 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

another point for schroeder. Looks like he has taken his game to a new level.

Yeah some players just need that little spark of opportunity to get that focus back on what exactly they should be doing to get back to the next level.

He's a much better player because of his time here and it is nice to see. I think he will come into camp next year and nail down a spot,

zackass.png

#66 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

Game over. Final score: 5-2 Barons.

Shots: 47-28 Barons

Holy ****

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 08 April 2013 - 02:00 AM.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.