The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official WrestleMania 29 Thread

J529

I only saw 4 matches, so those are the only ones I can rate:

Del Rio/Swagger - 5/10

It was so.. Meh, just an average match, wasn't terrible, wasn't very good.

Taker/Punk - 9.5/10

Incredible match, I really loved this one. Punk is easily the best in the company and Taker proved he can still go at a high level, I knew it was going to be great right from the 1st bell. And got the feeling after the match that it should have closed out the show. I thought this was easily better than Takers match last year against HHH.

Triple H/Lesnar - 7/10

It was solid. Nothing great, but it was good, I liked that Brock didn't tap on the steps and that he carried on from there. It started out slow and I didn't like that it was a squash match for the majority of the beginning/middle, but It picked up at times and had its moments.

Cena/Rock - 5.5/10

It had some decent moments in the middle, but the good parts were far too rushed, the beginning was bad, and the ending was bad. The crowd was into it when Rock was on offense, but whenever Cena did something they would quiet down and that killed the momentum of the match. Until they started trading Finishers and made them mean nothing of course.

Overall I will give it a 6/10. I didn't see all of it of course, only the final 4 matches. I was expecting much better out of the Cena/Rock match, but the others basically met my expectations.

Pretty weak show. Though I was more of a nostalgic fan who stopped watching WWE around 2002 and just came back at the Rumble to see the Rock and road it out. I don't regret buying it though as I was with a bunch of friends so we split the price and it still amusing socially.

I did however stream it through my Xbox for the cheaper rate of $59.99 and did regret it as the APP crashed twice on me (During Lesnars entrance and in the middle of Rock vs Cena) and the quality of the picture faded out in resolution a few times and had to rebuffer.

Still it was fun to revisit the WWE universe.

WWE dropped the ball on this one. Reality is nobody is gonna break through the "glass ceiling" It's the John Cena show, and the rest are just their for his story. Bringing in part timers to have matches against guys who are already huge stars makes no sense. Gimme Brock vs Ryback and Rock vs Ziggler.

glad i didn't pay for that lol.

Ryback Henry finish wasn't a botch that was planned, he picked him up way too easily both times to botch it like that. There's no doubting Ryback's strength now the guy is a beast and that whole Tensai ordeal was clearly a sandbag by Tensai if it still wasn't obvious to some people it better be now.

Thank god Undertaker beat CM Punk, having him end Taker's streak would have been a joke.

No surprises with Cena/Rock or HHH/Lesnar everyone knew who was winning those.

Yeah I didn't see that part of the show.

I don't really follow WWE much, didn't know what time it started at, just came here, saw it was on and was lucky enough to catch the last few "good" matches on FR.

WWE really needs a shakeup right now. There show is awful and its going down a sliding scale with Cena. They can continue to push him all they want it will make money but it won't help build the company at all it will really just push them down overall and push out fans. It will attract kids but then once the kids grow up a bit they will just feel the same feeling the rest of us feel now and not really enjoy the program.

Oh well, I enjoy TNA. Can't wait for next week, it is a PPV like impact.

Definitely, the line-up is amazing.

Opener = Austin Aries and Bobby Roode vs Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match for the Tag Championships

Taryn Tarrell vs Gail Kim

Adam Pearce and Magno's GutCheck Decision

AJ Styles Decision

Main Event = Jeff Hardy vs Bully Ray in a Full Metal Mayhem Match for the World Championship

BTW, no offence but Taker/Punk was nowhere near a 9.5, maybe an 8 at best. Every match at Supercard of Honor and most matches at X-Travaganza were better than it.

Those are the 2 things I am most excited for.

I also hope they choose Magno rather than Pierce. They have too many guys like Pierce. Magno would be a huge hit in the X division IMO, especially with the new rules.

And I thought it was. It was a great match. I just wish it was longer. Everyone has there own tastes though so its nbd if you disagree. But I thought that was the best Taker match I have seen since his matches with Shawn. Aswell I thought it was the best Punk match I have seen in a long time.

Yeah, AJ's character has propelled immensely in the span of 3 or 4 months. Who wouldn't be excited for a Hardy and a Dudley in a match involving Tables, Ladders, and Chairs? I think both Pearce and Magno have something to offer to the product but Magno had a few mishaps in the match. It'll be a tough decision either way but promo wise Pearce was much better. Also, Magno's moonsault dive was insane! I can't wait for the Petey/Zema/Kenny match whenever it happens too.

Taker/Punk was very good but I think both guys are just tired/old right now, Punk needs a break badly.

Good god that was a horrible show.

People giving it 5/10 are being WAAAY too nice.

WWE are the entertainment equivalent of the Calgary Flames, they need to fire the writers, find new talent and start from scratch.

It's time for Vince to step down as well, he's totally lost his verve.

Good god that was a horrible show.

People giving it 5/10 are being WAAAY too nice.

WWE are the entertainment equivalent of the Calgary Flames, they need to fire the writers, find new talent and start from scratch.

It's time for Vince to step down as well, he's totally lost his verve.

Archived