The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

End of #21?

Canorcas

I would be sad to see him go.

Don't under-estimate the influence Garrison could have on him. I think his next choice of team to join would be Calgary because he has ties to the city, but as we have all seen, it is not a lucrative location to play at this present time.

My guess. is he signs for 4yrs, Lappy signs shortly after.

Hansen-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Roy-Higgins

Until Booth comes back, that's as good a middle six I think we can ice. Match them up appropriately, it really doesn't matter which is labeled "2nd" or "3rd" line.

Hansen-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Roy-Higgins

Until Booth comes back, that's as good a middle six I think we can ice. Maybe switch Raymond and Kass. Match them up appropriately, it really doesn't matter which is labeled "2nd" or "3rd" line.

1.) Booth might come back to form, or he may not. Depending on how the playoffs go, and whether or not Booth plays in them, will have much to determine whether or not he (Booth) gets moved in the off season.

2.) As a UFA there isn't much the Canucks can do about trading Raymond (I'm assuming you meant Raymond when you wrote, "It can also be a win win play if we get a trade for whatever we might need.. such as prospect or picks."

However, Booth is still under contract and could be traded, saving the team something in the range of $2 million. I'm not suggesting that the Canucks do trade Booth, but moving him and keeping Raymond (who looks to be coming back to form) is likely an option that will be explored by Gillis.

3.) Considering the addition of size to the roster (Kassian etc) keeping Booth might not be as important, but keeping Raymond's speed might be useful.

regards,

G.

I don't think money is the issue with Raymond (at least not primary issue), his position is.

As of now, our line-up looks to be like this next year

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins- (empty) - Hansen

empty - empty - empty

assuming we can keep Sestito, Lappy, Pinner, and Weise to rotate on our 4th line.. the only slot open is 3C, which will be determined by whether we re-sign Roy or not, if not, Schroeder looks to be in line for that spot. Where would Raymond fit in? I think we're done with the Higgins/Burrows playing center experiment, and I highly doubt we'll dump Kassian onto 4th line and have Raymond play with Kesler and Booth. So the only real way for us to keep Raymond is if we get rid of Booth either through buy-out or trade.

Personally, I'd want to keep Raymond over Booth, simply because Raymond seems to be the more.. versatile player as he can play in more situations than Booth. plus he's more used to back-checking under AV's systems as oppose Booth's seemingly still play in a Florida style. But ultimately I think how we do in this playoff will determine who we're keeping:

1) if we get pushed around without any response, and lose because of our lack of grit, chances are we will keep Booth

2) if we have enough skills and we play a tough team game (much like Montreal when they play Boston) and we no longer get tossed around and play the "lets play for powerplay" game, there's a good chance we'll keep Raymond and get rid of Booth

I don't think money is the issue with Raymond (at least not primary issue), his position is.

As of now, our line-up looks to be like this next year

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins- (empty) - Hansen

empty - empty - empty

assuming we can keep Sestito, Lappy, Pinner, and Weise to rotate on our 4th line.. the only slot open is 3C, which will be determined by whether we re-sign Roy or not, if not, Schroeder looks to be in line for that spot. Where would Raymond fit in? I think we're done with the Higgins/Burrows playing center experiment, and I highly doubt we'll dump Kassian onto 4th line and have Raymond play with Kesler and Booth. So the only real way for us to keep Raymond is if we get rid of Booth either through buy-out or trade.

Personally, I'd want to keep Raymond over Booth, simply because Raymond seems to be the more.. versatile player as he can play in more situations than Booth. plus he's more used to back-checking under AV's systems as oppose Booth's seemingly still play in a Florida style. But ultimately I think how we do in this playoff will determine who we're keeping:

1) if we get pushed around without any response, and lose because of our lack of grit, chances are we will keep Booth

2) if we have enough skills and we play a tough team game (much like Montreal when they play Boston) and we no longer get tossed around and play the "lets play for powerplay" game, there's a good chance we'll keep Raymond and get rid of Booth

I'm pretty sure the Canucks will be getting rid of Booth or Ballard before Raymond. Ballard is benched, and whether or not you agree with benching him, is wasting cap space. And Raymond is on pace for 20 goals if it was a 82 game season, what have we gotten out of Booth and his huge salary? An injury prone player who was inconsistent at times when he WAS healthy (which hasn't been much).

I'm pretty sure the Canucks will be getting rid of Booth or Ballard before Raymond. Ballard is benched, and whether or not you agree with benching him, is wasting cap space. And Raymond is on pace for 20 goals if it was a 82 game season, what have we gotten out of Booth and his huge salary? An injury prone player who was inconsistent at times when he WAS healthy (which hasn't been much).

Archived