The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

End of #21?

Canorcas

You'd be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him.

As for Raymond, he's not someone I want on my 2nd line, and our 3rd line looks great, so there really isn't a spot for him and his 3.5M dollars (speculating on what he'll be making).

I'd trade his rights, but I don't know what we'll get since Raymond isn't a "Big name" and will only be a mid-tier free agent. I'd be thrilled with a 3rd.

I think mason is a great player but i dont think we should keep him because of his absolutely terrible chemistry with kesler. last year when those two were on a line together they simply could not get on the same page and both there production suffered. now with kesler out he is having a bounce back season. Keslers best seasons came when he was playing with samuelsson.

How can we NOT afford to keep him?? I think he would sign for a reasonable amount. The problem with cap space are contracts like Ballard and Booth who have not panned out this year. Raymond is wickedly fast, smart playmaker and has a great, accurate shot......and I hope at some point that the 'speed line' is reunited.

Raymond.....i don't know if i want him on the team or not. It seems to change year to year for me. That year he scored 25 ofcourse I wanted him here. Then the next year he was frustrating to watch and pretty ineffective during the playoffs. Last year he was recovering from that back injury so a pass is given for last year. Now this year he seems to be playing more like the guy that scored the 25 goals and not the one that struggled the year after his 25 goal season.

I don't know, if we can get him for a cheap price I'd keep him.

Some people don't know that capgeek exists apparently. Booth and Ballard are the most likely candidates for a buyout which put us below the cap. The only issue is that we've picked up Roy and thus any further signing for him is dependent on a Luongo deal. Basically, the only reason we appear to have cap problems is because Roy can be resigned if the space opens up, or just a rental if it doesn't.

Considering we kept Mason Raymond over our former first rounder Michael Grabner....I don't see them letting him go, anyone that doesn't see that Mason Raymond is dedicated to the Canucks & that the Canucks are equally dedicated to him is just blind.

I'm not convinced Raymond wants to play on a rebuilding team like Calgary

Also not convinced he's keen on playing that close to home

The landscape is changed due to the lower cap, how teams manage is to be seen.

Gillis will kick the tires and if it makes sense MayRay will be signed, if a better fit is out there

for less $$ he won't ....pretty simple really

The Canucks have a few options getting below the cap, to me MayRay isn't one of them

Archived