141 replies to this topic

#61 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

I just got his jersey so he better stay put.

#62 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

I would be sad to see him go.

Don't under-estimate the influence Garrison could have on him. I think his next choice of team to join would be Calgary because he has ties to the city, but as we have all seen, it is not a lucrative location to play at this present time.

My guess. is he signs for 4yrs, Lappy signs shortly after.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#63 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

I just got his jersey so he better stay put.

u bought a Mason Raymond jersey ?

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#64 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

No
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#65 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Damn what if we had a third line of

Raymond - Schroeder - Grabner

That would easily be the fastest line in the NHL

The Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen line was pretty speedy

Posted Image

JimLahey

#66 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

u bought a Mason Raymond jersey ?

Posted Image

lol...exactly what I was thinking....someone actually bought a Raymond jersey? lol

#67 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hansen-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Higgins

Until Booth comes back, that's as good a middle six I think we can ice. Maybe switch Raymond and Kass. Match them up appropriately, it really doesn't matter which is labeled "2nd" or "3rd" line.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 07 April 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#68 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

If we're gonna trade Luo, that clears around 5m. Trade Booth and buyout Ballard. 13m+ cleared in cap. Sing Raymond and Lappy.

Posted Image

JimLahey

#69 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

lol...exactly what I was thinking....someone actually bought a Raymond jersey? lol

Hey now, Raymond is a badass, don't be hatin.

#70 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hansen-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Higgins

Until Booth comes back, that's as good a middle six I think we can ice. Match them up appropriately, it really doesn't matter which is labeled "2nd" or "3rd" line.

Both could be considered 2nd lines 😀

Posted Image

JimLahey

#71 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Yea he played good but the fact is our roster already has a good top six. I believe he can get more money + time to play. It can also be a win win play if we get a trade for whatever we might need.. such as prospect or picks.

1.) Booth might come back to form, or he may not. Depending on how the playoffs go, and whether or not Booth plays in them, will have much to determine whether or not he (Booth) gets moved in the off season.

2.) As a UFA there isn't much the Canucks can do about trading Raymond (I'm assuming you meant Raymond when you wrote, "It can also be a win win play if we get a trade for whatever we might need.. such as prospect or picks."

However, Booth is still under contract and could be traded, saving the team something in the range of $2 million. I'm not suggesting that the Canucks do trade Booth, but moving him and keeping Raymond (who looks to be coming back to form) is likely an option that will be explored by Gillis.

3.) Considering the addition of size to the roster (Kassian etc) keeping Booth might not be as important, but keeping Raymond's speed might be useful.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#72 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Say what? He had 2 goals and 8 points in 24 games.

IMO from what I saw he was one of our best playoff performers in terms of effort. That's why he ended up hurting himself but he gave it his all when it seemed others weren't. That respect a player with less points if he gives it his best at least.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#73 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,614 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Edited by GLASSJAW, 07 April 2013 - 11:07 PM.

Posted Image
le temps restitué

#74 goblix

goblix

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hansen-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Higgins

Until Booth comes back, that's as good a middle six I think we can ice. Maybe switch Raymond and Kass. Match them up appropriately, it really doesn't matter which is labeled "2nd" or "3rd" line.

I would swap Raymond and Hansen,
Kesler and Raymond had chemistry in 09-10 and Kassian as a power forward can hit the net while the two of Kesler / Raymond can shoot the puck. Seems decent.

#75 Plum

Plum

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

1.) Booth might come back to form, or he may not. Depending on how the playoffs go, and whether or not Booth plays in them, will have much to determine whether or not he (Booth) gets moved in the off season.

2.) As a UFA there isn't much the Canucks can do about trading Raymond (I'm assuming you meant Raymond when you wrote, "It can also be a win win play if we get a trade for whatever we might need.. such as prospect or picks."

However, Booth is still under contract and could be traded, saving the team something in the range of $2 million. I'm not suggesting that the Canucks do trade Booth, but moving him and keeping Raymond (who looks to be coming back to form) is likely an option that will be explored by Gillis.

3.) Considering the addition of size to the roster (Kassian etc) keeping Booth might not be as important, but keeping Raymond's speed might be useful.

regards,
G.

We are just enough in with booth hurt and with cap going down from 70 to 64. With booth ballard and lu out. I guess we could re sign raymond along with lap and Schroeder. But who knows.

#76 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

I don't think money is the issue with Raymond (at least not primary issue), his position is.

As of now, our line-up looks to be like this next year
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins- (empty) - Hansen
empty - empty - empty

assuming we can keep Sestito, Lappy, Pinner, and Weise to rotate on our 4th line.. the only slot open is 3C, which will be determined by whether we re-sign Roy or not, if not, Schroeder looks to be in line for that spot. Where would Raymond fit in? I think we're done with the Higgins/Burrows playing center experiment, and I highly doubt we'll dump Kassian onto 4th line and have Raymond play with Kesler and Booth. So the only real way for us to keep Raymond is if we get rid of Booth either through buy-out or trade.

Personally, I'd want to keep Raymond over Booth, simply because Raymond seems to be the more.. versatile player as he can play in more situations than Booth. plus he's more used to back-checking under AV's systems as oppose Booth's seemingly still play in a Florida style. But ultimately I think how we do in this playoff will determine who we're keeping:
1) if we get pushed around without any response, and lose because of our lack of grit, chances are we will keep Booth
2) if we have enough skills and we play a tough team game (much like Montreal when they play Boston) and we no longer get tossed around and play the "lets play for powerplay" game, there's a good chance we'll keep Raymond and get rid of Booth

#77 Plum

Plum

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

I don't think money is the issue with Raymond (at least not primary issue), his position is.

As of now, our line-up looks to be like this next year
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins- (empty) - Hansen
empty - empty - empty

assuming we can keep Sestito, Lappy, Pinner, and Weise to rotate on our 4th line.. the only slot open is 3C, which will be determined by whether we re-sign Roy or not, if not, Schroeder looks to be in line for that spot. Where would Raymond fit in? I think we're done with the Higgins/Burrows playing center experiment, and I highly doubt we'll dump Kassian onto 4th line and have Raymond play with Kesler and Booth. So the only real way for us to keep Raymond is if we get rid of Booth either through buy-out or trade.

Personally, I'd want to keep Raymond over Booth, simply because Raymond seems to be the more.. versatile player as he can play in more situations than Booth. plus he's more used to back-checking under AV's systems as oppose Booth's seemingly still play in a Florida style. But ultimately I think how we do in this playoff will determine who we're keeping:
1) if we get pushed around without any response, and lose because of our lack of grit, chances are we will keep Booth
2) if we have enough skills and we play a tough team game (much like Montreal when they play Boston) and we no longer get tossed around and play the "lets play for powerplay" game, there's a good chance we'll keep Raymond and get rid of Booth

The 3rd line center spot is Schroeder's but he is rfa so gotta sign him. Lapierre deserves 4th line spot even 3rd if u wanted some momentum. Lapierre is a good forechecker and can generate some chances. I would recommend kepping ebbet for depth incase one of the centers go down, we all know 4 centers wont be a great idea.

#78 _lax_

_lax_

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Believe it or not, some people in fact have respect for an athlete who has had their back broken and walked off the ice for the team.. come back and put up respectable numbers when all the fickle bandwagoon fans like yourself ripped him from their basements.

Understand?

#79 alcatrazhockey

alcatrazhockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Remember, teams don't have to be under the cap until sometime in September so I think MG resigns him before UFA day, and then works his way towards fitting under the cap through trades and buyouts, which may even include trading Raymond if necessary.

#80 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

I'm pretty sure the Canucks will be getting rid of Booth or Ballard before Raymond. Ballard is benched, and whether or not you agree with benching him, is wasting cap space. And Raymond is on pace for 20 goals if it was a 82 game season, what have we gotten out of Booth and his huge salary? An injury prone player who was inconsistent at times when he WAS healthy (which hasn't been much).

#81 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

I'm pretty sure the Canucks will be getting rid of Booth or Ballard before Raymond. Ballard is benched, and whether or not you agree with benching him, is wasting cap space. And Raymond is on pace for 20 goals if it was a 82 game season, what have we gotten out of Booth and his huge salary? An injury prone player who was inconsistent at times when he WAS healthy (which hasn't been much).

Well, some of his injuries were really out of his control. Someone landing on his ankles and someone with a very low hit on his legs are unavoidable. It's like complaining that Salo was too injury prone even though he got hit in the face with a puck.

#82 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Well, some of his injuries were really out of his control. Someone landing on his ankles and someone with a very low hit on his legs are unavoidable. It's like complaining that Salo was too injury prone even though he got hit in the face with a puck.

Fair enough in those cases, but he has a history of concussions now and had that groin injury from the get go this year. He definitely makes me nervous moving forward.

#83 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

but, i liked mason raymond

deal booth for a 1st rounder to an Eastern bottom 3 team

I really dont know what to say about this
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#84 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

Would rather have re-signed Raymond than Higgins.

And I like Higgins.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#85 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

You'd be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him.

As for Raymond, he's not someone I want on my 2nd line, and our 3rd line looks great, so there really isn't a spot for him and his 3.5M dollars (speculating on what he'll be making).

I'd trade his rights, but I don't know what we'll get since Raymond isn't a "Big name" and will only be a mid-tier free agent. I'd be thrilled with a 3rd.

What a load of bollocks.

We have only had one good line all season up till a couple of weeks ago and it was

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

People talk about consistency well where was the Higgins - Roy - Hansen line the other night? Even at $3.5M where do we get a top 6 forward like Raymond?

Jeez, I read some of the OP pish and despair. I almost wish Raymond would leave to see us eat ourselves in agony at his success and our continued attachment with the latest new toy once again leading to inevitable despair.
Kevin.jpg

#86 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

deal booth for a 1st rounder to an Eastern bottom 3 team

I lol'd. This is a joke right?

#87 The Nuckist

The Nuckist

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

I think mason is a great player but i dont think we should keep him because of his absolutely terrible chemistry with kesler. last year when those two were on a line together they simply could not get on the same page and both there production suffered. now with kesler out he is having a bounce back season. Keslers best seasons came when he was playing with samuelsson.
"There are a lot of selfless players on our roster ... I think, to a man, if you asked the guys, they would rather win a game 1-0 than lose a game and get a hat trick. That's the type of guys we have in our room and that's the type of player you need to be successful."
-- Kevin Bieksa

#88 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,022 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I don't think we can afford him.
Posted Image

#89 redhdlois

redhdlois

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

How can we NOT afford to keep him?? I think he would sign for a reasonable amount. The problem with cap space are contracts like Ballard and Booth who have not panned out this year. Raymond is wickedly fast, smart playmaker and has a great, accurate shot......and I hope at some point that the 'speed line' is reunited.

#90 rampage

rampage

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Raymond.....i don't know if i want him on the team or not. It seems to change year to year for me. That year he scored 25 ofcourse I wanted him here. Then the next year he was frustrating to watch and pretty ineffective during the playoffs. Last year he was recovering from that back injury so a pass is given for last year. Now this year he seems to be playing more like the guy that scored the 25 goals and not the one that struggled the year after his 25 goal season.

I don't know, if we can get him for a cheap price I'd keep him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.