The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Schroeder have a full-time spot?

Merely

And why?  For the price, Ebbett's been a good contributor for us.  The only reasoning I could see is because Vigneault likes Ebbett more than Schroeder, lol, and that is an issue for Schroeder ever getting a spot on this team.

*meh, you typed a response and posted it while I was typing a response <_<  lol

You can't answer that question without knowing what will happen with Roy first. Roy stays, Schroeder has less of a chance at a spot. Roy doesn't get re-signed, Schroeder could play on Kesler's wing or in the 3rd line center role. I don't know we'd have both of them as smaller players in the roster full time at the same time.

Schroeder plays a similar type of game to Roy, two-way, speedy, passer... in my opinion, the best case scenario is Schroeder learning how to play a little bigger and can very well take over that 3C spot if Roy doesn't re-sign

Oh yeah, Gillis also mentioned something along the lines of "injecting youth into our line-up" for next season... so I'd say that spot is up for grabs

If Roy isn't re-signed, Schroeder will probably be brought up as the 3rd center behind Hank and Kesler like how Hodgson was. It'ss be a good place for him to grow.

Hopefully he doesn't demand a trade out of here......

If Roy is re-signed, I guess Schroeder becomes a big trading chip.

Archived