The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why the Vancouver Canucks will not get past more than 2 rounds.

ember

I love how everyone keeps bringing up Los Angeles.

Canucks are a regular season team and every season Canucks homers like you get a hard one right before the playoffs and continue to get disappointed.

Los Angeles Kings were a good team no doubt, but with the competitive West an early slump can throw you off. Not to mention they were the hottest team in the league in the second half of the season.

2012 Los Angeles Kings average height/weight: 6'2 - 201lbs

2012 New Jersey Devils average height/weight: 6'1 - 206lbs

2012 Vancouver Canucks average height/weight: 6'0 - 190lbs

Who says size doesn't matter? (That's what she said also)

Wrong. Although McQuaid and Ference and maybe Boychuk can hold their own end, countless times, because of their mistakes, that they were scored on. And either one of McQuaid, Ference, or Boychuk were on the ice for one of those goals because of their own mistakes. Though they can shut down their opposition, at the same time, they make too many stupid plays that costs them goals.

True. But I've seen far too many mistakes made by those 3 in particular to know that they are a liability in their own end.. Hell I'm even friends with a Bruins fan (this was before 2011 btw) and my friend criticizes those 3 way too many times that even after watching a few Bruins games just to see for myself that these 3 in particular cause way too many goals

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Kane, April 8, 2013 - Inappropriate
Hidden by Patrick Kane, April 8, 2013 - Inappropriate

I love how everyone keeps bringing up Los Angeles.

Canucks are a regular season team and every season Canucks homers like you get a hard one right before the playoffs and continue to get disappointed.

Los Angeles Kings were a good team no doubt, but with the competitive West an early slump can throw you off. Not to mention they were the hottest team in the league in the second half of the season.

2012 Los Angeles Kings average height/weight: 6'2 - 201lbs

2012 New Jersey Devils average height/weight: 6'1 - 206lbs

2012 Vancouver Canucks average height/weight: 6'0 - 190lbs

Who says size doesn't matter? (That's what she said also)

For the Western Conference, I honestly think Chicago and Anaheim have the best shots at making it to the finals, but pretty well every other top 8 team has an equal shot at it. As long as they have a team in front of them, it mostly comes down to which goalies get hot.

Just look at the other teams who'll be in the playoffs: Detroit, St. Louis, Minnesota, L.A., San Jose, Anaheim, Chicago...the Canucks are definitely a good enough team to beat ANY of these teams. Especially when we get Kesler and Booth back in the lineup.

I'm not saying we're the team we were during the 2011 playoff run. But you can't say we aren't a cup contender.

And you most definitely can't say we won't make it past the 2nd round.

I'd tell you to go cheer for your Flames, but what's the point in cheering when you know you're gonna lose. Cheers.

Size is a factor, toughness is a factor. But I really think depends on how you define so called toughness in hockey.

Look at the 2011 Chicago series, in the games our team decided to play (Game 1, 2, 3, and 7), you see our team go forecheck and backcheck like crazy. People are calling Torres a dirty hitter. Lappy, Alberts, Edler all are throwing out huge hits that completely derail the Blackhawks game.

Then we go to the final, there is no way IMO that Boston should get away with so many many cheap shots at Sedins. Really, can you guys please explain how a player get punched in the face after whistle will get a penalty?

It all comes down to how the game is allowed to play. Canucks I don't see them as soft, but they thought the refs will control the game. But it got out of hand.

Not directly it doesn't but indirectly it sure does.

Punching a guy like Sedin in the head every time he even comes near the crease gets into Sedins head. When the entire Bruins line would rag doll the sedins or any of our skilled players, they think twice about coming near the crease again.

You add a a guy that can play hockey but at the same time can back up his skilled guys, you don't have that situation.

Archived