The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why the Vancouver Canucks will not get past more than 2 rounds.

ember

Yes. Coaches just match up their shut down line against the Sedins and our first line is done-zo. Skilled players but not playoff performers. I don't think they should get extensions. Should let them walk and sign some playoff performers in free agency

You don't think the Bruins were playing injured too? They played as many if not more playoff games than us. Plus, they were missing one of their top scorers and performers Nathan Horton when they were playing us, so injuries are no excuse. If the Nucks were facing Tampa in the finals, they would have schooled them in no more than 6 games.

Quite obvious your trolling once I read this line bout letting the Sedins go. Enjoy your short stay with us on CDC. I'm sure our loyalty to the Canucks will make you want to gag... hopefully sooner than later.

I agree with the last point about the Sedins.  I really like and respect the Sedins, but they are much like Joe Thornton; what you see each and every game is their best (and that's not a bad thing as players should always bring it each and every night) but there's no other level they can go to.

Some players turn it up a notch or two in the playoffs but the Sedins can't for some reason.

Everyone ignoring the part that is true. The Canucks defense can be very very bad at times. Good two-way players, but I'd rather have a defenseman who can handle his own end first. Edler and Bieksa... nightmare. Garrison good, but lacks consistency. Tanev has been great. Hamhuis has trailed off a bit defensively, but he's been good. Ballard doesn't play and Barker/Alberts can easily get exposed.

Hawks:

Keith - Norris winner, can play in his own end.

Seabrook - Defense first, but can chip in points

Hjalmarsson - Mobile, shut-down defenseman

Oduya - Mobile, shut-down defenseman

Leddy - Offensive defenseman

Rozsival - Veteran two-way defender (Salo-esque)

Ducks:

Beauchemin - Shutdown defenseman with big shot.

Souray - Offensive defenseman with big shot.

Fowler - Offensive defenseman

Sbisa - Shut-down defenseman who can chip in points.

Allen - Shutdown defenseman

Lydman - Mobile shutdown defenseman

Archived