#1 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420213

Montreal Canadiens defenceman Alexei Emelin's season is over.
The club announced Monday that the 26-year-old suffered a torn ligament in his left knee and will not be able to finish the season.
Emelin was injured in Saturday's 2-1 victory over Boston when he put a check on Bruins winger Milan Lucic and bounced back hard onto the ice. He was helped off by teammates and didn't return to the game.
The win gave the Canadiens a three-point lead over the Bruins for first place in the Northeast Division, although Boston has a game in hand.
Emelin had three goals and nine assists and is plus-2 through 38 games this season. Newly-acquired defenceman Davis Drewiske skated in Emelin's spot with Andrei Markov at practice Monday morning, while Nathan Beaulieu - called up on Sunday from Hamilton - was paired with Francis Bouillon.
The Canadiens are already without the services of forward Rene Bourque (concussion), defenceman Raphael Diaz (concussion), defenceman Yannick Weber (knee) and forward Colby Armstrong (lower body).
Bourque, however, is expected to return to the lineup on Tuesday when the Canadiens host the Washington Capitals.

Clean hit with unfortunate results. Sucks for Emelin who has been having a good year with the Habs

#2 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

reminds me when Hamhius lined him up for a hit, and Hamhius got the worst of it. If Hamhius didn't get hurt I think we would have been able to win the Stanley cup. I'm sorry to say this. He was actually one of the dmans I believe wasn't playing with an injury. Lucic is one strong s.o.b.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#3 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

reminds me when Hamhius lined him up for a hit, and Hamhius got the worst of it. If Hamhius didn't get hurt I think we would have been able to win the Stanley cup. I'm sorry to say this. He was actually one of the dmans I believe wasn't playing with an injury. Lucic is one strong s.o.b.

I was thinking about that too. Our D went to hell after that. Note: Never ever try to hit Milan Lucic. :(

#4 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yeah it was crazy. Emelin, who is an excellent hitter, just bounced off Lucic. It'll be tough for Montreal to replace his grit.

#5 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

The hunchback strikes again.
Posted Image

#6 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,916 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

It's a risky proposition trying to lay a big, open-ice hit on Lucic. I think players are better served to let that particular sleeping dog lie.

He doesn't exactly have breakaway speed, or great dangling skills. You're probably just as well served by tying him up.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#7 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

It looked like knees connected first and Emelin got the worst of it. After that Emelin lost momentum in hit and got bounced.

#8 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

While we have a history with Lucic, we have to remember that this Yemi-Emelin guy is a real piece of work too.
Posted Image

#9 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

I was thinking about that too. Our D went to hell after that. Note: Never ever try to hit Milan Lucic. :(

The hunchback strikes again.

Posted Image

Sucks for Montreal, Emelin's a helluva defenceman. Entertaining too, his hits are awesome.

dontforgettolentil.png

#10 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,916 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image

Sucks for Montreal, Emelin's a helluva defenceman. Entertaining too, his hits are awesome.

Was it last year, or the year before that he went for the big open-ice hit and ended up nailing his own guy?
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#11 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

While we have a history with Lucic, we have to remember that this Yemi-Emelin guy is a real piece of work too.

What makes you say that. Emeilin is a clean hitter and with the exception of a crosscheck on Seguin earlier this season you'd be hard pressed to find someone who actually watches him play that would say he's a "piece of work"

#12 Canorcas

Canorcas

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

What makes you say that. Emeilin is a clean hitter and with the exception of a crosscheck on Seguin earlier this season you'd be hard pressed to find someone who actually watches him play that would say he's a "piece of work"

And why is their reputation involved in all this?

Montreal was fortunate to have acquired Drewiske last week. But now it looks like they need even more.. is PK Subban capable of putting even more on his shoulders?

Wish a speedy recovery to Emelin. I have no problem with the way he plays. Russians are criticized the most if they don't play the "North American" style of hockey and here's a player who gives his team every effort on every shift. He means a lot to Montreal's defense and this will hurt.

Edited by Canorcas, 08 April 2013 - 01:01 PM.

Posted Image
is my blog on Canucks.com

#13 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Was it last year, or the year before that he went for the big open-ice hit and ended up nailing his own guy?

Last year, sent Erik Cole head over heels :lol:

dontforgettolentil.png

#14 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

probably his best hit to date lol

#15 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

And why is their reputation involved in all this?

Montreal was fortunate to have acquired Drewiske last week. But now it looks like they need even more.. is PK Subban capable of putting even more on his shoulders?

Wish a speedy recovery to Emelin. I have no problem with the way he plays. Russians are criticized the most if they don't play the "North American" style of hockey and here's a player who gives his team every effort on every shift. He means a lot to Montreal's defense and this will hurt.

They've called up Nathan Beaulieu to fill in. Hopefully Rapheal Diaz will recover from the concussion he sustained early in the year in time for the playoffs. Reports are that he's started skating and is progressing well. Montreal auditioned a few of their minor league defencemen before they acquired Drewiske and all of them look like they can handle 10-15 minutes a night (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn)

Montreal should be fine given their depth but it still stings to see a guy like Emelin lost for upwards of 9 months

#16 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,569 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Too bad, he was having a great season with the Habs. Another victim of Lucic

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Let's just say a fair amount of players in the east are quietly applauding that he's out for the season.
Posted Image

#18 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Let's just say a fair amount of players in the east are quietly applauding that he's out for the season.

So you're some big insider now? I can see other players being relieved that they won't have to take any punishing hits from him for awhile but I seriously doubt anyone is glad he's seriously injured.

#19 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

Shame, good young player for the hab that can dish out big hits with the best of them, ie. Kronwall.
OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#20 Belsy91

Belsy91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

Tough hit for the Habs

TWINS HUNT FOR 1000

9177.png= GP.1010- G.193- A.649 = 842 PTS

9152.png= GP.979- G.307- A.498 = 805 PTS

#21 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

So you're some big insider now? I can see other players being relieved that they won't have to take any punishing hits from him for awhile but I seriously doubt anyone is glad he's seriously injured.

Yes, i can literally get in these players' heads.

I'm making an observation that is awfully close to yours, except i'm going a bit further saying that some players hate the guy, which would of course be true. What, you think the NHL is all lovey-dovey?

I'd say that all of the Bruins are happy he is out, for starters.
Posted Image

#22 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Some tv guy slowed it down and got the right angle, showed lucic drive his knee up into emelin when he say him coming. Compared it to how john ferguson used to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.