30 replies to this topic

#1 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Wife and I are contemplating moving our young family from the GVRD to more of a "small town" atmosphere in the next ~5 years and tentatively narrowed it down to Nelson.

We plan of course to go visit and do some scouting ahead of time but would love to hear some thoughts on the area from locals (or from neighbouring areas).

Here's what's attracting us to the area:

-Lot's of outdoor activities year round.
-Small town atmosphere (and with it lots of thing like abundance of organic foods, an aversion to big box stores etc).
-Great arts/culture/music community
-Lower (if not low) cost of living
-Still fairly South which means milder weather, closer to the US border etc.
-Large enough that it has things like community centre, hospitals, college, airports etc if not in town at least in neighbouring communities.

The down sides:
-Seems to have a large marijuana growing industry due to a lot of those positives mentioned and the proximity to US border... I personally have no issue with marijuana and hope it gets legalized frankly but I also don't necessarily like the idea of a rampant criminal environment and the sort of folks that can attract. Particularly considering our two young boys...

-There's a bylaw forbidding dogs down town (a measure apparently taken to deal with the transient, less desirable people mentioned in the above paragraph). We have a dog that we absolutely adore. I've seen internet chatter that they're looking at repealing the measure (as it cuts in to the down town business traffic) but that is a concern.

-Work. I'm trained with 15+ years of experience in CAD drafting and 3D modeling...I'm not sure how much work there is in the area for my field or what else I'd do if I couldn't find anything in it. Nelson itself seems a very tourist/outdoors based economy. There appears to be a few architects but those places, particularly in small towns tend to have limited employees. Plus my current area of expertise is more in display design...might work with the tourism/retail economy but I have a feeling I might be forced to get a job working at the local grocer etc :lol: :unsure:

Any thoughts/input are welcome. Would love to hear the inside scoop on the area, what part of town would be best to buy in etc.

Thanks!
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,406 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm not from Nelson, but literally everybody I've met from there (and my friend who worked there for 2 years I believe) say it's one of the nicest places you can live. Wish I knew more details, but I've always heard glowing customer reviews :lol:

dontforgettolentil.png

#3 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,502 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

i too have never heard one bad thing about nelson. mostly outdoorsy stuff there in the summer time

2dvpkl4.jpg

Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN

It's the year to be hated. I support our team.

I do take sig requests.

#4 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,086 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Nelson's great but harder for "specialty" jobs...

I moved to Armstrong last year. We are only 20 minutes from Vernon, and an hour from Kelowna.

Plus, we're only 4.5 hours to Rogers Arena!

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#5 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Maybe I can convince my current employer to let me work remotely... ::D
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,086 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Maybe I can convince my current employer to let me work remotely... ::D

That's what I did! :emot-parrot:

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#7 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

That's what I did! :emot-parrot:

I doubt they go for it...who knows...maybe I can sell it with a pay cut to save them $$

Winter
Posted Image

Spring
Posted Image

Posted Image

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

oh that looks nice. i know people who've moved out to lillouet, lytton, ashcroft, cranbrook, vernon and trail but not nelson.

i wouldn't like to travel the hope-princeton hwy on a regular basis in winter..

why nelson in particular?
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#9 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Haw Haw

#10 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Seriously though, Nelson is a nice little town but so far from anything, especially in the winter.

#11 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Have a couple of friends that just moved there, they are loving it. They have a dog and have no complaints, it's really just a small area that dogs aren't allowed (9 square blocks or so). Place is absolutely gorgeous in the summer, think Okanagan but way less people

I guess you have to be careful to check if there was a grow-op where you move, but if there's no mold then I wouldn't be too worried.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#12 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Any thoughts/input are welcome. Would love to hear the inside scoop on the area, what part of town would be best to buy in etc.

Thanks!

I live about and hour and a half away from Nelson but I've spent a lot of time there and I know quite a bit about it and I plan on moving out to there to join the Nelson PD.

-Small town atmosphere (and with it lots of thing like abundance of organic foods, an aversion to big box stores etc).
-Large enough that it has things like community centre, hospitals, college, airports etc if not in town at least in neighbouring communities.

The fist three are spot on. There is a Walmart there.

I've never actually lived there so I have no idea about cost of living. I found this, I hope it's helpful to you:

http://www.numbeo.co...&city=Nelson BC

Here is a comparison to Vancouver:

http://www.numbeo.co...city2=Nelson BC

I don't know how accurate any of that is so...

The weather, I find, is more costal than most places in the interior but not nearly as bad (rainy) as the lower mainland. :P

The airport in Nelson is tiny the closet airport that lands jets is in Castlegar about 30-45 minutes away, there is a Selkirk collage in Nelson and there is a fairly nice hospital as well. There's even a junior hockey team called the Nelson Leafs! (no joke!!)

The down sides:
-Seems to have a large marijuana growing industry due to a lot of those positives mentioned and the proximity to US border... I personally have no issue with marijuana and hope it gets legalized frankly but I also don't necessarily like the idea of a rampant criminal environment and the sort of folks that can attract. Particularly considering our two young boys...

-There's a bylaw forbidding dogs down town (a measure apparently taken to deal with the transient, less desirable people mentioned in the above paragraph). We have a dog that we absolutely adore. I've seen internet chatter that they're looking at repealing the measure (as it cuts in to the down town business traffic) but that is a concern.

-Work. I'm trained with 15+ years of experience in CAD drafting and 3D modeling...I'm not sure how much work there is in the area for my field or what else I'd do if I couldn't find anything in it. Nelson itself seems a very tourist/outdoors based economy. There appears to be a few architects but those places, particularly in small towns tend to have limited employees. Plus my current area of expertise is more in display design...might work with the tourism/retail economy but I have a feeling I might be forced to get a job working at the local grocer etc :lol: :unsure:

Nelson is more of a hippie town, while there is crime it's no worse than anywhere on the lower mainland I can guarantee you.

Nobody really follows that law anyway, I always see people walking their dogs downtown. Besides, you can still own a dog and walk them around rural areas. A repeal doesn't look hopefull however:

http://www.nelsonsta.../191775111.html

I have no idea about what kind of work in Nelson that would suit your credentials, sorry!

Seriously though, Nelson is a nice little town but so far from anything, especially in the winter.

This is true, the closest bigger town is Cranbrook and it's about 3 hours (about 230km) away. There is a ferry route but it takes nearly an hour longer. The closest big town in America is Spokane and it's about a 4 hour trip, if you go straight down from Salmo.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 08 April 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#13 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Wife and I are contemplating moving our young family from the GVRD to more of a "small town" atmosphere in the next ~5 years and tentatively narrowed it down to Nelson.

We plan of course to go visit and do some scouting ahead of time but would love to hear some thoughts on the area from locals (or from neighbouring areas).

The down sides:

Thanks!

The downsides are an attraction for me. Minus the crime though.

Unless your family (or new friends in Nelson) are intertwined in the criminal underworld, you'll have nothing to worry about.
Posted Image

#14 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for the additional info guys!

why nelson in particular?

As sort of outlined in the OP...Southerly mild climate, small town pace and a lot of parallels with our interests/hobbies/philosophy (outdoors, organic foods, arts/culture) near water and mountains...

My architecture/design background also likes the historic buildings. Combined with the lower cost of living to allow for a vertical move....we might even be able to build something modest there with our equity in our home here and have about the same mortgage...and a new house. Maybe with a carriage house and/or basement suite to help pay the bills. We were looking along the border for something in the "right size" that had amenities or amenities in nearby towns (Castlegar airport for example as Gum mentioned) and it seemed the best fit. My wife was contemplating Kelowna as well and/or surrounding areas but I'm not a big fan of the area and it's a freaking ZOO in the summer.

I live about and hour and a half away from Nelson but I've spent a lot of time there and I know quite a bit about it and I plan on moving out to there to join the Nelson PD.

The fist three are spot on. There is a Walmart there.

I've never actually lived there so I have no idea about cost of living. I found this, I hope it's helpful to you:

http://www.numbeo.co...&city=Nelson BC

Here is a comparison to Vancouver:

http://www.numbeo.co...city2=Nelson BC

I don't know how accurate any of that is so...

The weather, I find, is more costal than most places in the interior but not nearly as bad (rainy) as the lower mainland. :P

The airport in Nelson is tiny the closet airport that lands jets is in Castlegar about 30-45 minutes away, there is a Selkirk collage in Nelson and there is a fairly nice hospital as well. There's even a junior hockey team called the Nelson Leafs! (no joke!!)

Nelson is more of a hippie town, while there is crime it's no worse than anywhere on the lower mainland I can guarantee you.

Nobody really follows that law anyway, I always see people walking their dogs downtown. Besides, you can still own a dog and walk them around rural areas. A repeal doesn't look hopefull however:

http://www.nelsonsta.../191775111.html

I have no idea about what kind of work in Nelson that would suit your credentials, sorry!

This is true, the closest bigger town is Cranbrook and it's about 3 hours (about 230km) away. There is a ferry route but it takes nearly an hour longer. The closest big town in America is Spokane and it's about a 4 hour trip, if you go straight down from Salmo.

When you plan on making the move Gum? Maybe you can scope the place out for us? Some advanced recon ::D If we do end up doing this, it'd be good to know someone in local law enforcement too...lol

Yeah wife and I were discussing the "crime" element more last night. We agreed really that we're surrounded by far more and worse crime here everyday than we'd likely have to worry about in Nelson. Our other concern was that our boys would end up being drop out pot heads and both agreed that's just as likely to occur here as well. It's not exactly like the lower mainland is lacking in that department either! So let's just say we're not really concerned about that aspect anymore.

I think the biggest stumbling blocks will for sure be the job and just the plain logistics of moving and buying/building a house there.

As for the isolation...that's one of the things we like about it! Again, there's enough things in town or in say Castlegar to get by for most things and if a couple times a year we have to make a trip to Spokane or Cranbrook or heck even in to Alberta for cheap booze, buying cars etc.... it's not that big of an issue. Road trip!!
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

When you plan on making the move Gum? Maybe you can scope the place out for us? Some advanced recon ::D If we do end up doing this, it'd be good to know someone in local law enforcement too...lol

It won't be for another year or two at the earliest, I currently work for my stepfathers tree removal business but I don't wanna take over when he's done, I've always wanted to be in law enforcement, not that I'm a straight laced/by the book/the law is the law kinda guy mind you (like some really hard ass cops...) but I do love the idea of helping people and the community.

Yeah wife and I were discussing the "crime" element more last night. We agreed really that we're surrounded by far more and worse crime here everyday than we'd likely have to worry about in Nelson. Our other concern was that our boys would end up being drop out pot heads and both agreed that's just as likely to occur here as well. It's not exactly like the lower mainland is lacking in that department either! So let's just say we're not really concerned about that aspect anymore.

Yeah, down there, there is a lot more gang activity and violent crime, plus I don't think anyone's ever been shot in Nelson. :P

I could think of worse things than being a drop out pot head. :P

Personally, I love Vancouver (born and spent 8 years of my life there) but it's not a place I would rise a family, hell, I wouldn't even live there, I hate living in big city's.

As for the isolation...that's one of the things we like about it! Again, there's enough things in town or in say Castlegar to get by for most things and if a couple times a year we have to make a trip to Spokane or Cranbrook or heck even in to Alberta for cheap booze, buying cars etc.... it's not that big of an issue. Road trip!!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I did say before that the weather was more costal than most interior locations but not nearly as bad, the terrain and plant life around Nelson also reflect that, it reminds me if the coast in a lot of ways just less rain. There's big tall douglas fir, cedar, spruce, some yellow pine (some logepole at higher elevations), balsam fir (also higher up), larch (also known as tamarack, those nifty conifers whose needles turn yellow and fall off in the fall similar to deciduous trees), there's also big steep mountains near by, it's a gorgeous location.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see the tiny airport by the lake there.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And last but not least Nelson has it's own brewing company.

:bigblush:

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 09 April 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#16 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

It won't be for another year or two at the earliest, I currently work for my stepfathers tree removal business but I don't wanna take over when he's done, I've always wanted to be in law enforcement, not that I'm a straight laced/by the book/the law is the law kinda guy mind you (like some really hard ass cops...) I just love the idea of helping people and the community.

Yeah, down there, there is a lot more gang activity and violent crime, plus I don't think anyone's ever been shot in Nelson. :P

I could think of worse things than being a drop out pot head. :P

Personally, I love Vancouver (born and spent 8 years of my life there) but it's not a place I would rise a family, hell, I wouldn't even live there, I hate living in big city's.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I did say before that the weather was more costal than most interior locations but not nearly as bad, the terrain and plant life around Nelson also reflect that, it reminds me if the coast in a lot of ways just less rain. There's big tall fir, spruce, balsam fir, larch (also known as tamarack, those nifty conifers whose needles turn yellow and fall off in the fall similar to deciduous trees), there's also big steep mountains near by, it's a gorgeous location.

Well we're thinking in the 3-5 year range if we do it, so we'll have to keep in touch! B)

Yeah, I too am starting to feel the same way about the city. Funny thing is that I grew up in Delta in the 80's and back then I guess it WAS like a small little town. It and everything around it are far from it now. It's busy, noisy and crowded...blech. As cities go, (greater) Vancouver's a nice one... our problem is that we don't like cities...lol

Yeah the climate is a big draw for us. Really only a bit cooler in the winter but also less rain, nice springs, summers and falls and real, live snow in the winter.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

nelson, here we all come!

a small town you will no longer be! :emot-parrot:
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#18 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Well we're thinking in the 3-5 year range if we do it, so we'll have to keep in touch! B)

For sure! And best of luck in whatever decision you make!

nelson, here we all come!

a small town you will no longer be! :emot-parrot:

Half of the lower mainland moves to Nelson. Vancouver East? :huh:

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 09 April 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#19 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I have a family member that grew up there, but years ago. I've visited lots and have to say that it is one of the loveliest places I have ever been. I personally really like the hippie atmosphere, so that was real plus.
It's very pretty around there and very laid back. Don't know what the work situation is like, but totally agree with the "outdoorsy" feel.
Posted Image

#20 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

I moved from Nelson to Edmonton.

......... WHY DID I DDDdOOOOooo THAT!?!?!?!!??!?!??

(Besides the fact that there is almost no work around there)

Edited by The Hornet, 10 April 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

#21 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

I moved from Nelson to Edmonton.

......... WHY DID I DDDdOOOOooo THAT!?!?!?!!??!?!??

(Besides the fact that there is almost no work around there)

lol...good question!

Probably work :(

Edited by J.R., 10 April 2013 - 11:43 AM.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

maybe you can start your own business JR... considering you might not find a job there.. :mellow:

no work might be a big hindrance to moving out there, no?

#23 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

maybe you can start your own business JR... considering you might not find a job there.. :mellow:

no work might be a big hindrance to moving out there, no?

Yeah it's the major stumbling block at this point. I've been reading up on Nelson and apparently they have roughly 2.5X the average business licences per capita as compared to comparably sized/small towns. So there's a LOT of folks there with their own businesses. Unfortunately mom and pop places don't tend to have a lot of employees so getting hired is an uphill battle. And there's already a few architects, landscape, design etc companies etc that I'd need to compete with if I was to start something on my own using my design/computer skill set.

So my options are hoping my current employer let's me work remotely, working at something like Safeway with a pretty sizeable pay cut, winning the lotto or stumbling on to a honest to goodness job by some miracle. That or staying put here in the GVRD.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

if you're an outdoorsy person, then Nelson is the place for you. Skiing in the winter (whitewater is AWESOME and it's only 10 minutes out of town) and tons of stuff to do around the lake and the mountains in the summer.

it's got two A&Ws but no McDonalds :lol:

Downtown is just one street basically(Baker st.) but there are lots of neat shops around.

(moved to calgary a few years ago)

as for work, maybe Maglio's? there's a home hardware downtown as well

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 11 April 2013 - 10:27 AM.

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#25 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Not really worried about fast food chains :lol: Wife and I both love and prefer to cook and if we go out it's generally for a nicer meal/treat. We don't really do fast food. Once in a blue moon will do Nando's or Subway or something but I haven't eaten at McD's in like 12+ years so that is no loss!

Yeah I'm sure I could find some sort of job. Not sure how well packing groceries or selling flooring etc exactly utilizes my current skill set and as I said the pay would certainly be down. I've got a few years to try to figure something out I suppose! Maybe by then Gum can deputize me!...lol

Edited by J.R., 11 April 2013 - 12:30 PM.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

I've got a few years to try to figure something out I suppose! Maybe by then Gum can deputize me!...lol

:P

I could try pullin' some strings... :lol:

#27 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Only if I get a shiny star shaped badge and can pull a cowboy hat down over my slitted eyes.

Posted Image
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Only if I get a shiny star shaped badge and can pull a cowboy hat down over my slitted eyes.

Posted Image

Is there any other way? :P

#29 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yeah it's the major stumbling block at this point. I've been reading up on Nelson and apparently they have roughly 2.5X the average business licences per capita as compared to comparably sized/small towns. So there's a LOT of folks there with their own businesses. Unfortunately mom and pop places don't tend to have a lot of employees so getting hired is an uphill battle. And there's already a few architects, landscape, design etc companies etc that I'd need to compete with if I was to start something on my own using my design/computer skill set.

So my options are hoping my current employer let's me work remotely, working at something like Safeway with a pretty sizeable pay cut, winning the lotto or stumbling on to a honest to goodness job by some miracle. That or staying put here in the GVRD.

interesting. might be worth a shot to contact the local chamber of commerce or BIA - business improvement Assoc (scratch the BIA - just checked and there isn't one for nelson) to see which areas the majority of those licenses are. who knows, they might be all grow related and you could swoop in there with your new business. lol. as if it's that simple, eh?

another thing is to check out the places you could work for and start chatting them up already. but not as if they're potential employers, mind you, more as if they could give you advice. they're more likely to talk to you that way - informational telephone interviews.

#30 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,187 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Yeah there's 23 "Architects/Building Design" companies listed on the city web page...

http://www.discovern...Building Design

Don't think I'll be opening up a competing shop!

Yeah I'd already thought about chatting up some of the companies etc...we'll see what happens. At least I've got a few years to see if I can swing something/figure it out.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.