Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain_kirk1

Potential Playoff Matchups

85 posts in this topic

Any team, bring it. Gotta beat the best eventually.

Even if by some fluke chance the Canucks sputter to the finish line and end up playing Chicago in the 1st round I would be happy.

Of all the teams to play in the West that would be the most exciting, and nerve racking, series for us.

Any team can win a series against another team, the only question is "Will they?"

If you think the Canucks are destined for failure, than why don't you just save yourself the agony and go watch golf?

Funny even though we all know we're not going to win the Cup we still all get excited for playoff time...

Nucks & Wild would be dope.

See who really is the best in the northwest.

I think it's called being realistic. And I'd rather watch hockey and see my team lose than not watch hockey at all.

Want the Wings for selfish reasons. I usually go to at least one playoff game at the Joe. Unbelievable atmosphere in there.

I didn't think this deserved its own thread, but I thought it was worth pointing out that it could come down to goal differential between the Wild and Canucks to determine who wins the NW divison.

Right now, the division is looking pretty good for the Canucks, thanks to a four point lead on the Wild. But after points, the first three tiebreakers are even. Each time has played the same number of games. Each team currently has the same number of regulation and overtime wins. And in their four match-ups this year (there will be no more), each team has achieved the same number of points. Goal differential is the next tiebreaker. Right now, the Canucks are a +10 and the Wild are a +5. The empty netters are helping!

it would be nice to have a shot at redemption in the first round and face L.A. again.

It is easily San Jose, St Louis or Minny,,,and my money is on minny.

The question is at home to start or on the road?

I didn't think this deserved its own thread, but I thought it was worth pointing out that it could come down to goal differential between the Wild and Canucks to determine who wins the NW divison.

Right now, the division is looking pretty good for the Canucks, thanks to a four point lead on the Wild. But after points, the first three tiebreakers are even. Each time has played the same number of games. Each team currently has the same number of regulation and overtime wins. And in their four match-ups this year (there will be no more), each team has achieved the same number of points. Goal differential is the next tiebreaker. Right now, the Canucks are a +10 and the Wild are a +5. The empty netters are helping!

Since everyone's curious, decided to get out the crystal ball...

1-Chi

2-Ana

3-Van

4-StL

5-La

6-Sj

7-Det

8-Clb This means the Minny Mild implode, & crash out of the race.

Round2...Chi vs LA/ Van vs Ana Round #3...We take our revenge, thrashing the Queens, en route to a California-sweep. Boys are rested from staying in our time zone, & cruising through 3 short series wins! I won't tell you who we destroy in the finals.

Everybody saying that we're not going to win, or they're being 'realistic' ANYTHING could happen in the playoffs. I can guarantee you that probably over 80% of people didn't predict LA to win the cup. Let alone make it past us. Goes to show that anything is possible ..

Doesn't really matter. We have to play hard no matter who we play.

As long as we beat the california(LA/SJ) based teams I'm happy!

Id take la or minny, anyone but edmonton