Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pwnstar

iPhone 5 three year plan worth it?

18 members have voted

1. 1. is it worth the three year contract?

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

so, I'm thinking about getting the iPhone 5 this weekend. I just wanted to ask those who own one if its worth it. i know there is some complaints about the new charger ect

what do you think?

You almost always end up paying more on contract over the course of the two or three years than if you just bought the phone in full and chose the cheapest plan that suits most of your needs.

I personally don't like the iPhone, and just don't like Apple products in general. idk, just my opinion. I'd say go for an Android.

Charger is fine, goes in both ways

To be honest, all these "new" phones are the same, they get the job done

Get an Ipad or other tablet instead of an iPhone.

Get the Galaxy S4 when it comes out.

No complaints on the charger, battery life is alright but thats nothing new for most smart phones. Thats my only complaint.

Wait till you get the phone in your hands, wow is it weightless. Also I'd suggest you open the phone up in store and inspect it, I did this and when I looked, the edge was a bit cut up so ey exchanged it on the spot. (But this was on release day, so they must of rushed them)

Wait till iPhone 5s or 6 in September

so, I'm thinking about getting the iPhone 5 this weekend. I just wanted to ask those who own one if its worth it. i know there is some complaints about the new charger ect

what do you think?

Wait for the newest iPhone. The 5 has many glitches such as having terrible wifi connection and has a large number of apps which just crash way too often such as steam. I got my phone a month after it came on the market and upgraded from the 3G. It's better to wait because after a couple months of the 5, it will be outdated and it's better to wait for the newest model and buy it on the day of its release.

It's not worth signing a three year contract for anything. Two is fine, three is crazy.

IMO, avoid signing phone contracts when possible. I think it's better to save money when you can to buy a phone unlocked. That way, you can easily change contracts if a better deal comes up from other phone companies.

Also, by the time the three years end, there may be an iPhone 6, iPhone 7, and even an iPhone 8. Will you want to use the iPhone 5 when all your friends are using an iPhone 8? Although you initially save money on the phone, you often end up paying a lot more for the phone by signing a contract. Do you need that extra 2 GB data that is offered by Bell when you sign a contract with them?

It may be possible to save more money by buying the phone and paying for a cheaper contract each month.

maybe ill give it to my niece or nephew in a year or so , they can take over the contract