#1 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

POPULAR

We've all seen how he's playing, how he's elevated his game (and what I like it was after he said he needed to be better, remember that comment a month ago, that he had to stop letting in 3 a game, well he did and here are his stats).

I believe with the pace he's on, if he keeps it up he will creep in to Vezina talks.

He is now tied for 1st in save % amongst starters with Rask (Anderson above but has been hurt 1/2 the season)

Tied for 1st in shutouts

He's 4th in gaa amongst real starters (Bernier is above him but not really a starter, and Anderson has been hurt 1/2 the season)

He creeps into the top three in gaa for starters he's a lock to get nominated.

Keep it up Cory!

#2 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

I think so, even though he doesn't have much playoff experience, the way he has been playing creeping up the stats ladder and having how many shutouts in the last 11 games, he is definitely up there in the Vezina race. He has my vote, but what can I say I'm a diehard!!! Big fan of his, just love his approach to making saves, he doesn't panic out there after the first initial save.

Edited by HaggisOBrien, 09 April 2013 - 05:42 AM.

#3 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

^^ Vezina has nothing to do with playoff experience. Regular season only.

#4 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

thanks for the heads up, didn't know the full details of vezina knowledge

#5 Wilbur

Wilbur

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

POPULAR

He might get nominated but he has a little bit better than zero percent chance of winning it. Not because he doesn't deserve it but the Eastern GM's pretty much vote in a block for the Vezina. 4 winners of the Vezina Trophy have come from the West in the past 30 years (Kiprusoff, Belfour x2, and Fuhr).

Rask might as well start preparing his acceptance speech.

Edited by Wilbur, 09 April 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#6 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

The Vezina seems to take history and prestige into account as much as the Norris, so don't be surprised if Lundqvist steals this again. He deserves it for the way he's playing right now, and compared to the teams Schneider and Rask are behind, he's being hung out to dry every night with no goal support.

In an abbreviated season it's hard to rank wins and games played, but purely performance-based Lundqvist has to get a good look.
Posted Image

#7 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

We've all seen how he's playing, how he's elevated his game (and what I like it was after he said he needed to be better, remember that comment a month ago, that he had to stop letting in 3 a game, well he did and here are his stats).

I believe with the pace he's on, if he keeps it up he will creep in to Vezina talks.

He is now tied for 1st in save % amongst starters with Rask (Anderson above but has been hurt 1/2 the season)

Tied for 1st in shutouts

He's 4th in gaa amongst real starters (Bernier is above him but not really a starter, and Anderson has been hurt 1/2 the season)

He creeps into the top three in gaa for starters he's a lock to get nominated.

Keep it up Cory!

I dont understand why he shouldn't be in the Vezina conversation right now.

#8 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

He might get nominated but he has a little bit better than zero percent chance of winning it. Not because he doesn't deserve it but the Eastern GM's pretty much vote in a block for the Vezina. 4 winners of the Vezina Trophy have come from the West in the past 30 years (Kiprusoff, Belfour x2, and Fuhr).

Rask might as well start preparing his acceptance speech.

Wow, that's just sad.

#9 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

It's funny that you make this thread because I was just thinking about his chances of winning the Vezina last night. If he keeps up this level of play he for sure will be nominated
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#10 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

I dont understand why he shouldn't be in the Vezina conversation right now.

agreee but haven't heard his name mentioned yet was the point, obv rask is in there, and as one post mentioned it often is about the 'incumbents' meaning Lundquist will be in the hunt. That being said, given the NYR's performance I can't see Henrik taking it this year.

Right now I'd agree with another post that Rask is in the lead and will be hard for Schnieds to overtake him but you never know. Even a nomination would be great and if he can continue this pace there is no reason why he wont be top 3 at least.

Lets hope he can up this play in the playoffs, if he can, maybe he can carry us through a couple rounds where we don't deserve it! lol

#11 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

It's funny that you make this thread because I was just thinking about his chances of winning the Vezina last night. If he keeps up this level of play he for sure will be nominated

definitely, but if he keeps up this pace (which will be hard), I think he might actually win it..he's rocketed up through the leaderboard in the last few weeks.../ month...if he's top 3 at the end of the year and leading in a couple categories as he is now (S/O and save %) it will be hard to not hand it to him

#12 Lups

Lups

Jebus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

It's because our defence is starting to play better. Doesn't matter how good the goalie is, the defence can always make him look bad.

I'm glad Schneider is playing great and the team is

#13 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

It's because our defence is starting to play better. Doesn't matter how good the goalie is, the defence can always make him look bad.

I'm glad Schneider is playing great and the team is

I'd disagree there, we haven't played very well defensively through his run and even AV has mentioned in the majority of those games it was because of goaltending. Perfect example was vs Calgary two games ago.

We are playing 'slightly' better and last night's game was certainly a great team win. But prior, alot of it has been CS stealing games and that is evidenced by how quickly his GAA has gone down, and his Save % has gone up.

#14 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

Not this year - but maybe in the next few.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

The Vezina seems to take history and prestige into account as much as the Norris, so don't be surprised if Lundqvist steals this again. He deserves it for the way he's playing right now, and compared to the teams Schneider and Rask are behind, he's being hung out to dry every night with no goal support.

In an abbreviated season it's hard to rank wins and games played, but purely performance-based Lundqvist has to get a good look.

history and prestige?

Jim Carey?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#16 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Not this year - but maybe in the next few.

You don't think Schneider deserves to be nominated or discussed as a potential winner? Got me curious, elaborate, please.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#17 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

He needs to finish in top 5 in wins column at least. If not, there's almost no way of him winning. He is currently 12 th in wins right now but tops in shut outs.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#18 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Chances are with no west vs east match ups this year. I feel the eastern bias with be greater.

#19 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Chances are with no west vs east match ups this year. I feel the eastern bias with be greater.

sad but true.

It seems like some of these good goalies have the exposure of playing on a bad team, which forces to really look like they are bailing the team out, because they are getting more shots at. Brobovsky. That being said, If Columbus or New York Ranger does not make the playoffs, none of their goalies should win the Norris.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#20 17's heart&hustle

17's heart&hustle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

^You mean the Vezina, but yes I agree.

#21 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'm going to go ahead and say that I am much more looking forward to him being in consideration for the Conn Smythe rather than the Vezina. A nomination at least for the Vezina would be nice but won't mean much to him after the Smythe :towel:

#22 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

No he shouldn't even get a nomination or be considered in the slightest. For the following reasons
Not enough GP
Couldn't hold the position early Luo was undoubtedly the superior tender early in the season.
He has had several blowouts and several weak goals in one goal games
Hes a top 10 goalie but not vezna consideration calibre yet.

Jennings on the other hand I hope they win that again. they should

#23 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

No he shouldn't even get a nomination or be considered in the slightest. For the following reasons
Not enough GP
Couldn't hold the position early Luo was undoubtedly the superior tender early in the season.
He has had several blowouts and several weak goals in one goal games
Hes a top 10 goalie but not vezna consideration calibre yet.

Jennings on the other hand I hope they win that again. they should

You are so out to lunch on your post, esp. with this line. SMH :sadno:

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#24 brucelee666

brucelee666

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

First off its the Sports Writers that vote for the regular season awards. Second if Cory stays in the top 3 in all stats for goalies playing at least 30 games he will probably be nominated. Finally with all the press for e Luongo trade in all the media here and back east, this has put Cory more into the spotlight. This would give him a legit chance.

#25 willhouse

willhouse

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Cory probably needs a couple more shutouts to have a chance. But it's definitely not out of the question to be a candidate.

#26 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

^^^

Agree with shutout theory. He wasn't consistant enough throughout this season. If he puts up another 2-3 shutouts, then I think it's a different story. Otherwise, Rask has been more consistant and thus, will end up winning the Vezina.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#27 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

^^^

Agree with shutout theory. He wasn't consistant enough throughout this season. If he puts up another 2-3 shutouts, then I think it's a different story. Otherwise, Rask has been more consistant and thus, will end up winning the Vezina.

really?? I've always thought it was the wins column, as Broduer beat out Luongo in 2007, because he had one more win. But it doesn't take genius to figure it out, that Luongo was more important to the canucks then Broduer to the Devils.

Schneider needs to be top 5 in wins, before getting any mention, as sad as it is. He's currently 12th.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#28 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

really??  I've always thought it was the wins column, as Broduer beat out Luongo in 2007, because he had one more win.  But it doesn't take genius to figure it out, that Luongo was more important to the canucks then Broduer to the Devils.

Schneider needs to be top 5 in wins, before getting any mention, as sad as it is.   He's currently 12th.

Not quite sure how important wins are, to be honest. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm quite sure Hasek was not near the tops in wins when he won his 6 Vezina's.As for Brodeur winning over Luongo in 2007, my theory on that was because Brodeur set a new win record in a season with 48, while Luongo tied the original record.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#29 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

They play...

Away 10th - Calgary
Away 13th - Colorado
Away 15th - Nashville
Away 16th - St. Louis
Away 18th - Dallas
Home 20th - Detroit
Home 22nd - Chicago
Home 25th - Anaheim
Away 27th - Edmonton

Luongo will get one of the back to back (either Nashville or St. Louis) and maybe 1 more game.
Hopefully Schneider gets a couple more shutouts and post low gaa and high sv%.

#30 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,940 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

If Luongo didn't win in 2007 when he clearly should've won, then i don't see how Schneider supplants an eastern goalie this season with not enough starts.

But then again, Faq's Canucks have been winning some awards lately.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.