The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider - Vezina talk may start soon

BuretoMogilny

We've all seen how he's playing, how he's elevated his game (and what I like it was after he said he needed to be better, remember that comment a month ago, that he had to stop letting in 3 a game, well he did and here are his stats).

I believe with the pace he's on, if he keeps it up he will creep in to Vezina talks.

He is now tied for 1st in save % amongst starters with Rask (Anderson above but has been hurt 1/2 the season)

Tied for 1st in shutouts

He's 4th in gaa amongst real starters (Bernier is above him but not really a starter, and Anderson has been hurt 1/2 the season)

He creeps into the top three in gaa for starters he's a lock to get nominated.

Keep it up Cory!

I think so, even though he doesn't have much playoff experience, the way he has been playing creeping up the stats ladder and having how many shutouts in the last 11 games, he is definitely up there in the Vezina race. He has my vote, but what can I say I'm a diehard!!! Big fan of his, just love his approach to making saves, he doesn't panic out there after the first initial save.

He might get nominated but he has a little bit better than zero percent chance of winning it. Not because he doesn't deserve it but the Eastern GM's pretty much vote in a block for the Vezina. 4 winners of the Vezina Trophy have come from the West in the past 30 years (Kiprusoff, Belfour x2, and Fuhr).

Rask might as well start preparing his acceptance speech.

The Vezina seems to take history and prestige into account as much as the Norris, so don't be surprised if Lundqvist steals this again. He deserves it for the way he's playing right now, and compared to the teams Schneider and Rask are behind, he's being hung out to dry every night with no goal support.

In an abbreviated season it's hard to rank wins and games played, but purely performance-based Lundqvist has to get a good look.

We've all seen how he's playing, how he's elevated his game (and what I like it was after he said he needed to be better, remember that comment a month ago, that he had to stop letting in 3 a game, well he did and here are his stats).

I believe with the pace he's on, if he keeps it up he will creep in to Vezina talks.

He is now tied for 1st in save % amongst starters with Rask (Anderson above but has been hurt 1/2 the season)

Tied for 1st in shutouts

He's 4th in gaa amongst real starters (Bernier is above him but not really a starter, and Anderson has been hurt 1/2 the season)

He creeps into the top three in gaa for starters he's a lock to get nominated.

Keep it up Cory!

He might get nominated but he has a little bit better than zero percent chance of winning it. Not because he doesn't deserve it but the Eastern GM's pretty much vote in a block for the Vezina. 4 winners of the Vezina Trophy have come from the West in the past 30 years (Kiprusoff, Belfour x2, and Fuhr).

Rask might as well start preparing his acceptance speech.

The Vezina seems to take history and prestige into account as much as the Norris, so don't be surprised if Lundqvist steals this again. He deserves it for the way he's playing right now, and compared to the teams Schneider and Rask are behind, he's being hung out to dry every night with no goal support.

In an abbreviated season it's hard to rank wins and games played, but purely performance-based Lundqvist has to get a good look.

Archived