The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider - Vezina talk may start soon

BuretoMogilny

I don't understand why people are saying Bob over Schneids when Schneids has more wins and shutouts right now with fewer games played? Schneids is only behind Bob by .02 in save % and .01 in GAA. IMO with all this in mind, Schneids gets the trophy over Bob. But this is my unprofessional biased opinion, so... :P

I don't understand why people are saying Bob over Schneids when Schneids has more wins and shutouts right now with fewer games played? Schneids is only behind Bob by .02 in save % and .01 in GAA. IMO with all this in mind, Schneids gets the trophy over Bob. But this is my unprofessional biased opinion, so... :P

Bob has been amazing this year and so has Cory.

But....... a lot can happen yet. With such a small sample size, a bad last week of the season for either of them could sink their numbers far below the other.

If either goalie, or any other for that matter, give up 5 goals in each of their last two to three games then they will lose probably 10 points off of their Sv% and gain 0.25 on their GAA.

This award is far from decided for anyone.

So many people on here are clueless.  The Vezina trophy is awarded based on votes by NHL GM's; last I checked, could be wrong though, there were just as many GMs in the West as there are in the East. So where is this Eastern bias coming from?

A few people have touched on it, the biggest determinant, aside from being top 3 in each of the major categories, is the number of games played.  Bobrovsky, Rask, Niemi, and Lundqvist all have a decided advantage having played 34, 28, 35, and 34 games respectively vs Schneids 25.  I don't necessarily agree with Lundqvist on that list but it just goes to show you how much value GP has on this decision.

http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=nhl-search

Cory will win the Vezina because the eastern sports writers will think it means a much better chance that Luongo will be traded to Toronto for garbage.

EDIT: My theory was so much better when I thought that sportswriters voted on it.

Thanks a lot dura_mater for ruining what was an excellent jab at the eastern media and Toronto Maple Leafs.....:P

So many people on here are clueless. The Vezina trophy is awarded based on votes by NHL GM's; last I checked, could be wrong though, there were just as many GMs in the West as there are in the East. So where is this Eastern bias coming from?

A few people have touched on it, the biggest determinant, aside from being top 3 in each of the major categories, is the number of games played. Bobrovsky, Rask, Niemi, and Lundqvist all have a decided advantage having played 34, 28, 35, and 34 games respectively vs Schneids 25. I don't necessarily agree with Lundqvist on that list but it just goes to show you how much value GP has on this decision.

http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=nhl-search

Archived