The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider - Vezina talk may start soon

BuretoMogilny

Cory makes more sense to trade any way you slice it. Lu is a good goalie. Maybe not as good as Cory but the return combine with the fact that Cory could demand an 8 year 56 million contract tells me keeping Lu is the smarter move.

lol if Rask wins it's eastern bias?? gimme a break.. he has better stats than Schneider right now.. shutout is a meanless stats if others with less shutout have identical stats if not better than yours.. it just means you are inconsistent and have either bad games or mediocre games and then great games... Vezina goes to whoever's the best goaltender.. not whoever has the most shutouts at the end... and even if Schneider does end up with the most win at the end of the season.. others such as bob or rask can still win it since it.. SV% is probably the biggest stats they look at when picking the Vezina.. otherwise there's no way in hell Luongo woulda gotten even nomination way back in his Florida days...

lol if Rask wins it's eastern bias?? gimme a break.. he has better stats than Schneider right now.. shutout is a meanless stats if others with less shutout have identical stats if not better than yours.. it just means you are inconsistent and have either bad games or mediocre games and then great games... Vezina goes to whoever's the best goaltender.. not whoever has the most shutouts at the end... and even if Schneider does end up with the most win at the end of the season.. others such as bob or rask can still win it since it.. SV% is probably the biggest stats they look at when picking the Vezina.. otherwise there's no way in hell Luongo woulda gotten even nomination way back in his Florida days...

Guest Dasein

Rask, Lundqvist, Bobrovsky.

If one of them are out then Price. Schneider is not in the conversation this year. Maybe next.

Luongo is good but this team now seems to need great, regular season and playoffs. Cory could actually get better over the next few years whereas Luongo will most likely only get worse. Personally it makes no sense to me to trade the guy with more upside who has a longer career in front of him.

Also, dont count on Eddie Lack. He might very well turn out to be great, but he could very well turn out to be the next Alex Auld.

It's improbable that he can keep up the pace he is on right now, but we can hope.. lol With the team mostly healthy (Minus Higgins and Tanev) we should have a good shot at winning the majority of our games. We have some tough ones at the end of the season, but when we were healthy we could beat any team... We'll see how it turns out, but Schneids has definitely stepped his game up! Which is good, he had me worried there for a while that last season was a fluke and that he was riding Lu's coat tail. Can't wait for the playoffs! WoOoOoOoOoooo.

:towel::towel:

Amazing fact about Schneider:

He's only one of two goalies to have a career average SV% of over .925, when having played more than 50 games. Pretty impressive.

What's more impressive is that the other goalie to have that stat is Tukka Rask.

Amazing fact about Schneider:

He's only one of two goalies to have a career average SV% of over .925, when having played more than 50 games. Pretty impressive.

What's more impressive is that the other goalie to have that stat is Tukka Rask.

I think also that because he hasn't been in the league for many years, to win the vezina, he will need to put a couple of solid years together before he beats out a veteren goaltender with similar stats. Nomination, yes, win........?

Dude, I don't care. Schneider had great stats, so ???? what, he was the 2nd best goalie out there. Quick made more saves. Any one wants to be the best goalie - well then beat the other goalie in the playoffs, 4 out of 7. Your stats can be awesome but if you are second best in a series, then the stats don't mean squat to me

Archived