The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider - Vezina talk may start soon

BuretoMogilny

This thread is getting out of hand.

If Schneider gets another shut out or 2 he will be ahead in shut outs and sv percentage and ahead of slightly behind in GAA . He will be the front runner for the Vezina.

Lundqvist is not ahead of Schneider in any category except wins -and thats only because hes played 10 more games.

Rask , Schneider and Bobovsky are going to be the finalists. They should be anyways. And its Bobo's to lose.

The contract is good for us keeping Lu, that is why it was spread out through 12 years to benefit us in a lower cap hit. But it is not a good contract to move to someone else, and becomes a harder trade. So it is good for us, maybe not for trading

Agreed. That being said I think mg still handled it with zero class... starving freaking children in Africa knew what went on and thought canucks are desperate to move luongo which destroyed any value

Realistically luongo should fetch ALOOTTTT MORE than scrivens and two 2nds

This thread is getting out of hand.

If Schneider gets another shut out or 2 he will be ahead in shut outs and sv percentage and ahead of slightly behind in GAA . He will be the front runner for the Vezina.

Lundqvist is not ahead of Schneider in any category except wins -and thats only because hes played 10 more games.

Rask , Schneider and Bobovsky are going to be the finalists. They should be anyways. And its Bobo's to lose.

Yes and no... my main point is dear fans shut the front door and stop complaining about the goalie and the contract that took us to the finals.

There were ten teams ready to give luongo 7 million cap hit contracts ... some may have gone as high as 8 ...

Lets say luongo got a five year 35 million deal.

That's 1.6666 less in cap space. That translated to lappiere and higgy at the deadline. Both whom were crucial players in our run.

So you know what I conclude? Yes it was a fantastic contract which we reaped the benefits of and so did aquilini. It took us to the finals...

UNDER LUONGO THIS TEAM HAS WON MORE GAMES THAN AMY OTHER TEAM IN THE NHL FOR 3 SEASONS.

I'm not counting this year, but I assume we're still first if u combine four seasons.

The contact is great... the cap will be increased in 9 years. The reason for his under evaluation is MGs disgusting treatment and handling of the situation. Roberto is a top five goaltender.

Luongo him self took us to the finals. The fact that he took a lower cap hit to help this city gave us cap space for lappy and higgy at the deadline

Oh and I don't take a bus kid. I drive a hybrid... costs less to drive. Why would I take a bus

Sedins also shouldn't be disregarded as they took a pretty good contract too

So many people on here are clueless. The Vezina trophy is awarded based on votes by NHL GM's; last I checked, could be wrong though, there were just as many GMs in the West as there are in the East. So where is this Eastern bias coming from?

A few people have touched on it, the biggest determinant, aside from being top 3 in each of the major categories, is the number of games played. Bobrovsky, Rask, Niemi, and Lundqvist all have a decided advantage having played 34, 28, 35, and 34 games respectively vs Schneids 25. I don't necessarily agree with Lundqvist on that list but it just goes to show you how much value GP has on this decision.

http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=nhl-search

The contract is good for us keeping Lu, that is why it was spread out through 12 years to benefit us in a lower cap hit. But it is not a good contract to move to someone else, and becomes a harder trade. So it is good for us, maybe not for trading

Archived