The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider - Vezina talk may start soon

BuretoMogilny

No he shouldn't even get a nomination or be considered in the slightest. For the following reasons

Not enough GP

Couldn't hold the position early Luo was undoubtedly the superior tender early in the season.

He has had several blowouts and several weak goals in one goal games

Hes a top 10 goalie but not vezna consideration calibre yet.

Jennings on the other hand I hope they win that again. they should

No he shouldn't even get a nomination or be considered in the slightest. For the following reasons

Not enough GP

Couldn't hold the position early Luo was undoubtedly the superior tender early in the season.

First off its the Sports Writers that vote for the regular season awards. Second if Cory stays in the top 3 in all stats for goalies playing at least 30 games he will probably be nominated. Finally with all the press for e Luongo trade in all the media here and back east, this has put Cory more into the spotlight. This would give him a legit chance.

^^^

Agree with shutout theory. He wasn't consistant enough throughout this season. If he puts up another 2-3 shutouts, then I think it's a different story. Otherwise, Rask has been more consistant and thus, will end up winning the Vezina.

really??  I've always thought it was the wins column, as Broduer beat out Luongo in 2007, because he had one more win.  But it doesn't take genius to figure it out, that Luongo was more important to the canucks then Broduer to the Devils.

Schneider needs to be top 5 in wins, before getting any mention, as sad as it is.   He's currently 12th.

They play...

Away 10th - Calgary

Away 13th - Colorado

Away 15th - Nashville

Away 16th - St. Louis

Away 18th - Dallas

Home 20th - Detroit

Home 22nd - Chicago

Home 25th - Anaheim

Away 27th - Edmonton

Luongo will get one of the back to back (either Nashville or St. Louis) and maybe 1 more game.

Hopefully Schneider gets a couple more shutouts and post low gaa and high sv%.

Not enough GP

really?? I've always thought it was the wins column, as Broduer beat out Luongo in 2007, because he had one more win. But it doesn't take genius to figure it out, that Luongo was more important to the canucks then Broduer to the Devils.

Schneider needs to be top 5 in wins, before getting any mention, as sad as it is. He's currently 12th.

He has a chance, but he hasn't been the "best" all season long, probably will get nominated.

I can't see Lundqvist repeating - too many losses...I also believe the criteria the GM's will use will be weighted on number of games played.

Probably need like 25 or 30 games played.

"The Vezina Trophy is an annual award given to the goalkeeper adjudged to be the best at this position as voted by the general managers of all NHL clubs."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=24965

Archived