The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider - Vezina talk may start soon

BuretoMogilny

He's got 9 more games and I suspect he'll play at least 7 of them.

Is 32 games over a 48 game season enough? It equates to 55 GP over an 82 game season. It's not very common but a goalie can win the Vezina when they have a low GP total but usually it would mean their stats are far and away better than everyone else.

In the last 9 games if Schneider can keep the streak going somewhat, and finish with a GAA under 2.00, a S% above .930 and lead the league in SO then he will be a top candidate.

There really aren't any other standouts this year who have played substantially more games. If based on their sole ability to make their team competitive every night then the only player that might trump Schneider would be Bobrovsky. Price will probably get the standard Eastern media nomination.

Bob will almost certainly get it mainly because Cory won't have played enough minutes. Why is that? Because MG has been desperately trying to turn Lou into a tradeable commodity all year by coddling the hell out of him and has failed miserably. The last run of games for Lou (3 straight sub .880 starts) was the last straw and now absolutely nobody wants anything to do with him, not with that contract. I'm laughing at all the posters on this board that are angry with the Leafs for not allowing us to rape them in a trade for a guy they don't really want.

As much as I'm excited for Schnieder's name to be mentioned for such a prestigious award, something irks me about him winning before Luongo did, especially since Lu set a record only to have it broken that same year, thus losing him the Vezina - despite the fact that NJ was a much better team at the time.

Its not like I wouldn't be happy about it, obviously its awesome if it happened... but i guess thats just how Luongo's career has gone lol

If he keeps up this pace I feel he should be nominated...I doubt he wins it though, mainly because of a lower number of games played.

I really hope we lock Schneider down long term as he will be a vezina candidate for years to come, probably even winning it at some point.

He might get nominated but he has a little bit better than zero percent chance of winning it. Not because he doesn't deserve it but the Eastern GM's pretty much vote in a block for the Vezina. 4 winners of the Vezina Trophy have come from the West in the past 30 years (Kiprusoff, Belfour x2, and Fuhr).

Rask might as well start preparing his acceptance speech.

Tukka Rask anyone? as much as i don't like the bruins.. he's the leading candidate to win the Vezina in my books.. Shutout is not the deciding factor nor should it even be a factor in vezina voting.. you can have the most shutout and still have worse GAA than others Rask have fewer shutouts but with lower GAA and a better save% and more wins... so as of right now Rask should win it.. and he is from the east... so he has that going for him.. unless rask is to hit some kind of a rut.. i don't see him losing it.. or unless Schneider can go on some sort of a monstrous run for the rest of the season.

With all of the attention put on the Canucks by the media this season, don't be surprised to see CS nominated, and even win.

With Luongo all but unmoveable, CS will likely be shopped around this off season.

And the media is licking its chops...

He might get nominated but he has a little bit better than zero percent chance of winning it. Not because he doesn't deserve it but the Eastern GM's pretty much vote in a block for the Vezina. 4 winners of the Vezina Trophy have come from the West in the past 30 years (Kiprusoff, Belfour x2, and Fuhr).

Rask might as well start preparing his acceptance speech.

I was going to start this topic. It's a good thing I checked first otherwise I would have made a complete fool of myself.

I think with the way Schneider is playing he could get a nomination. As far as actually winning the Vezina goes, well... it won't happen this year.

Archived