172 replies to this topic

#121 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Lets say Cory was healthy and lu did play.

How is it a bonehead move? He was first star of the game and definitely played better than Cory would have

What proof do you have that he played better than Schneider would have?

#122 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

Because he stood on his head like only luongo could? 40 shots...

As he did at the start of the year when Cory was leading us to missing the playoffs the way he was playing.

Wait do u think luongo will get his agent to go to the newspapers and bitch that they promised him he would start for 12 years?

Edited by apollo, 12 April 2013 - 11:15 AM.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#123 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

POPULAR

Because he stood on his head like only luongo could? 40 shots...

You`re the biggest moron on here

#124 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

You`re the biggest moron on here

Ouch. Guess u think luongo wasn't the reason we won last game.

Its not llike Calgary chose him as the first star or anything lol

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#125 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I don't understand why people are saying Bob over Schneids when Schneids has more wins and shutouts right now with fewer games played? Schneids is only behind Bob by .02 in save % and .01 in GAA. IMO with all this in mind, Schneids gets the trophy over Bob. But this is my unprofessional biased opinion, so... :P

Because Bob should win. Any goalie that can carry the CBJ's to a playoff birth should get serious consideration that team is horrendous. He has been the Major difference maker for them this season and stolen them a ton of games. Schnider has had enough trouble just keeping his starting role I don't see how he could possibly be in consideration. I would also be considering Nieme, Rask, Possibly even Lundquist based on how little goal support he as gotten on a better team he would be way higher up the wins column. But seriously all that aside Bob should win he's been the goalie equivalent of Atlas this season.

#126 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Ouch. Guess u think luongo wasn't the reason we won last game.

Its not llike Calgary chose him as the first star or anything lol

What about the 3 before that. 2 of them shutouts also.

#127 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

What about the 3 before that. 2 of them shutouts also.

Lol iIMO the team played like crap infront of lui last game and infront of Cory for the 11 they were spectacular minus 2 or 3 games... which they were good in.

W.e we'll see who carries this team when it matters

2cz94w5.jpg

#128 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

As he did at the start of the year when Cory was leading us to missing the playoffs the way he was playing.

Not sure what you`re talking about. Both Luo and Schnieds each had 4 wins and 2 losses for month of february.

I hope you dont take the trade of Luongo this summer too harsh.

#129 SevenDays

SevenDays

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Seriously? Come on man, give credit where its due.

Implying that Schneids only got shutouts 'cause the team played well is just...

#130 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

No kidding the guy is simply delusional. Schneider played great those games and Luo played great against Calgary. Will this ever end

#131 ZephyrsSong

ZephyrsSong

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Can't we just say that they both have played great in their recent starts?

#132 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Not sure what you`re talking about. Both Luo and Schnieds each had 4 wins and 2 losses for month of february.

I hope you dont take the trade of Luongo this summer too harsh.

I bet u said the same thing...

Don't take the trade for lu hard in the summer (2012)
Don't take the trade for lu hard when the lockout ends
Don't take the trade for lu hard after the first five games when Cory proves himself
Don't take the trade for lu hard at the deadline...

OKAY.

2cz94w5.jpg

#133 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

I bet u said the same thing...

Don't take the trade for lu hard in the summer (2012)
Don't take the trade for lu hard when the lockout ends
Don't take the trade for lu hard after the first five games when Cory proves himself
Don't take the trade for lu hard at the deadline...

OKAY.

It`s really a hope for me , the man`s contract is ridiculous. He said it himself.

#134 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

It`s really a hope for me , the man`s contract is ridiculous. He said it himself.

The mans contract took us to the 2011 finals... because of it we were able to fit higgy nn lappy...

2cz94w5.jpg

#135 deebow420

deebow420

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

So the man's (Luongo) contract took us to the finals? AND u call other people morons?? ANND Luongo's contract had anything to do with the signing of Lappy and Higgins??? I'm willing to bet u have the cleanest window on the special bus!!! probably some of the dumbest stuff I ever read on CDC

#136 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

So the man's (Luongo) contract took us to the finals? AND u call other people morons?? ANND Luongo's contract had anything to do with the signing of Lappy and Higgins??? I'm willing to bet u have the cleanest window on the special bus!!! probably some of the dumbest stuff I ever read on CDC

Luongo him self took us to the finals. The fact that he took a lower cap hit to help this city gave us cap space for lappy and higgy at the deadline

Oh and I don't take a bus kid. I drive a hybrid... costs less to drive. Why would I take a bus

Sedins also shouldn't be disregarded as they took a pretty good contract too

Edited by apollo, 12 April 2013 - 01:40 PM.

2cz94w5.jpg

#137 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,729 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#138 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

wow is someone trying to argue Luongo has a good contract lol

#139 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

wow is someone trying to argue Luongo has a good contract lol

Yes and no... my main point is dear fans shut the front door and stop complaining about the goalie and the contract that took us to the finals.

There were ten teams ready to give luongo 7 million cap hit contracts ... some may have gone as high as 8 ...

Lets say luongo got a five year 35 million deal.

That's 1.6666 less in cap space. That translated to lappiere and higgy at the deadline. Both whom were crucial players in our run.

So you know what I conclude? Yes it was a fantastic contract which we reaped the benefits of and so did aquilini. It took us to the finals...

UNDER LUONGO THIS TEAM HAS WON MORE GAMES THAN AMY OTHER TEAM IN THE NHL FOR 3 SEASONS.
I'm not counting this year, but I assume we're still first if u combine four seasons.

The contact is great... the cap will be increased in 9 years. The reason for his under evaluation is MGs disgusting treatment and handling of the situation. Roberto is a top five goaltender.

2cz94w5.jpg

#140 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

The contract is good for us keeping Lu, that is why it was spread out through 12 years to benefit us in a lower cap hit. But it is not a good contract to move to someone else, and becomes a harder trade. So it is good for us, maybe not for trading
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#141 Rollieo Del Fuego

Rollieo Del Fuego

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'd like to throw my two cents in...but we are down to nickels and that is a bit expensive for this degraded thread.

Alright I'll spend the beaver;

Of course Schneid's should be in the running, but he has not played enough games to get it unless he gets 3 or 4 more shutouts.

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego, 12 April 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#142 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Lets say Cory was healthy and lu did play.

How is it a bonehead move? He was first star of the game and definitely played better than Cory would have

Really? It may have been a shutout for Cory?

#143 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

This thread is getting out of hand.

If Schneider gets another shut out or 2 he will be ahead in shut outs and sv percentage and ahead of slightly behind in GAA . He will be the front runner for the Vezina.

Lundqvist is not ahead of Schneider in any category except wins -and thats only because hes played 10 more games.

Rask , Schneider and Bobovsky are going to be the finalists. They should be anyways. And its Bobo's to lose.

#144 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Nothing would be better with Luongo traded after Schneider is Vezina 2013

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#145 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,742 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

The contract is good for us keeping Lu, that is why it was spread out through 12 years to benefit us in a lower cap hit. But it is not a good contract to move to someone else, and becomes a harder trade. So it is good for us, maybe not for trading

Agreed. That being said I think mg still handled it with zero class... starving freaking children in Africa knew what went on and thought canucks are desperate to move luongo which destroyed any value

Realistically luongo should fetch ALOOTTTT MORE than scrivens and two 2nds

2cz94w5.jpg

#146 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Guys, frack the vezina, all I care is playoff victories
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#147 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Nothing would be better with Luongo traded after Schneider is Vezina 2013

Well I sure wouldn't care if Schneider wins the Vezina ( which he won't this yr. ) and doesn't win the cup. Only way I will ever say Schneider is better then Luu is if he wins a cup. Until then the Nucks management screwed up.

#148 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Agreed. That being said I think mg still handled it with zero class... starving freaking children in Africa knew what went on and thought canucks are desperate to move luongo which destroyed any value

Realistically luongo should fetch ALOOTTTT MORE than scrivens and two 2nds

Yeah Luongo at 4years left at 5.3mil would get us his true value. With the 12 year contract we won't get true value.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#149 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

what proof do you have that Schneider would have played better?

we smoked them 4-1 with Luongo making 40 saves and people are still starting this crap? lol wow

Edited by Primus099, 12 April 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#150 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

This thread is getting out of hand.

If Schneider gets another shut out or 2 he will be ahead in shut outs and sv percentage and ahead of slightly behind in GAA . He will be the front runner for the Vezina.

Lundqvist is not ahead of Schneider in any category except wins -and thats only because hes played 10 more games.

Rask , Schneider and Bobovsky are going to be the finalists. They should be anyways. And its Bobo's to lose.

Lundqvist also has 0 shutouts and Schneider has 5, which means Lundqvist has had far less blowout games if his GAA and save % are near identical to Schneider's, which they are. .06 difference in GAA and .002 difference in save %

the fact that he's played more games makes it even more impressive cause he's had to be that good for longer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.