The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Countdown to the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Last Northwest Division Champions ever!

Well?

Player wise anyway, atm, we are better positioned than last year. Kassian will be fit to play, we picked up Roy & Garrison is finally looking better than Salo. Tanev, assuming he's back is a year better & we're not anticipating Danny being gone. Only downer is Booth. Kesler is, perhaps the biggest upgrade if true, healthy!

Roy was not enough at the deadline IMO. What was the point if playing him with Weise surfaces?

We still lack size, but do have a distinct advantage in speed & have some equalizing toughness we can actually put on the ice. But Kassian, and more notably Garrison (at 220 lbs) do actually neutralize many clear size match up issues we had. If Booth comes back, we're actually very competitive and it does not take from the speed advantage at all. We might be ok...

Play wise; we most definitely have things to figure out. Our transition game ain't great, a shell of 2010/11. And when we don't get to the puck quickly and break it out (supposedly the "purpose" or strength of our D personnell) we're average. But we do have better than average goal tending to back it up. Our secondary scoring could be better. My opinion, playing Roy with Hansen & Raymond should solve this. Burrows would get Higgins & Kesler scoring also then we also get production from Kass who lucks into a Twin role of size and scoring. Secondary scoring might come around, depending on if AV see's this solution which dances in front of his consciousness. PK is rolling, we're good there! Where is the PP???

A lot to figure out in 7 or 8 games...

St Louis is the team we don't want,as far as Im I'm concerned.They are the LA Kings of this season...If we drew them in the first round it would be a disaster.

They match the Canucks in most departments,but we would be out matched in the physicality part.They are a big team,and play a stifling game.Even if you beat them in the first,you'd probably be so beat up,you would be easy pickings in the 2nd......my two cents.

Kings will sweep either the blues or Sharks in the 1st round. Then they'll sweep the Blackhawks in the 2nd round.

That gives us the opportunity to get revenge in the Conference Finals.

Hopefully the Bruins are our opponent in the Finals.

I have a feeling that if the Blue Jackets end up playing the Hawks, the Jackets will win. All games thay have played have been one goal games. It depends on two things: Gaborik, and Bobrovsky. Anywho, I'd love to see any of St. Louis, Minnesota or Detroit as a first round math-up. We need a good team to start off with, so we can keep on rolling down the road.

Archived