The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Dregers reports on Luongo

canuckbeliever

You can repeat this all you want but it doesn't make it true.

Game 3 was scoreless after 1 period. No first period collapse. The rest of the way the team played like crap in front of him and gave up 2 short handed goals. I realize he's one of the penalty killers too but how about managing the puck better on the PP and not hanging him out to dry?

Game 4 was 1-0 Boston after 1 period. Hardly a first period collapse. Canucks had the only 2 PP's of the 1st and went 0 for 6 overall.

Game 6 was as you remember it. An ass kicking in the first. Luongo pulled after Boston went up 4-0.

Game 7 was 1-0 Boston after the first. Hardly a first period collapse. In fact it was still 1-0 more than halfway through the game.

It's YOU who needs to realize that apart from game 6 where he was a major goat he did give his team a chance to win. His team failed him miserably. You can rewrite history all you want but the numbers don't back you up.

You might want to check those numbers again:

Save %

Game 7 - .850

Game 6 - .625

Game 4 - .800

Game 3 - .789

Truth is, Luongo played outstanding in 3 games, but he had 1 below-average game (game 7), and 3 TERRIBLE ones. With the Bruin's goalie being consistently outstanding, that was simply not good enough to get it done.

Luongo is worth SO much more than that. If we would have traded him for spare parts, it would be an outright shame. It's better we wait for the off-season and be able to get what he's actually worth. Although, I rather see him stay because I still think he's better than Schneider!

Ahhhhhh...Maclean's CBJ days. Thanks for the clarification. Funny, i think i remember poo-pooing that when it was rumoured/suggested.

To answer that question, im not sure how i woulda felt. I liked Nonis, and Schneids was unproven, And the team really needed more offense at the time.

I reckon there was truth to that, The Canucks had so many holes and Nonis was just band-aiding with journeymen.

You might want to check those numbers again:

Save %

Game 7 - .850

Game 6 - .625

Game 4 - .800

Game 3 - .789

Truth is, Luongo played outstanding in 3 games, but he had 1 below-average game (game 7), and 3 TERRIBLE ones. With the Bruin's goalie being consistently outstanding, that was simply not good enough to get it done.

Archived