The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Dregers reports on Luongo

canuckbeliever

...the article in the OP talks about Luongo's positive/negative traits relating to the 2011 Stanley Cup Final series vs. the Bruins?

I thought the OP was more or less about MG/Nonis trade talks and the resulting leaks of what transpired?

confused.jpg

edit: /topic/342432-discussion-roberto-luongo-trade-thread-70/page__pid__11286464__st__1020#entry11286464">http://forum.canucks.com/topic/342432-discussion-roberto-luongo-trade-thread-70/page__pid__11286464__st__1020#entry11286464

I thought the suggested trade info was a little odd, it didn't make sense. I suppose it does make sense that Nonis was negotiating in bad faith, and that Dreger's sources has an agenda of some sort. The agenda being damaging Luongo's trade value in hopes he'll go for less.

I just hope he doesn't end up in Toronto, in fact I hope he ends up going to one of their rivals so he can help that team beat them into the ground.

Dave Nonis negotiating in bad faith. frack you Nonis. Wether its true or not, your not suppose to disclose what was mentioned, especially to someone like Dregger.

Karma will hit Dave Nonis.

Derren Dregger now changing the story around from saying MIke Gillis would have never asked for 2 draft picks and Scrivens for Luongo. What a Clown. This came 5 days after 1040 reported the opposite happening. People are starting to believe that MIke Gillis will never give up Luongo for 2 2nds and one unproven goalie. Making Dreggers story look as stupid as he looks.

Also if it was true, oh gosh, Dave Nonis you deserve to be canned. Luongo was almost his for a pretty low price. Tyler Biggs will be nothing but a 4th line player, the same with Colburne too.

I will love to see Mike Gillis trade him during the summer. I hope its to their division, so he (Luongo) can haunt the Leafs.

"......you know, [he] didn't mean what he said.” GM Mike Gillis re: AV commenting on Luongo

http://www.vancouver...0236/story.html

Asked about whether or not he was ever asked to waive his no trade clause, Roberto Luongo denied it: "I was never approached with a trade somewhere else and I said no." Elaborating on this point he insisted that "nothing ever really materialized to the point where I had to make a decision about whether to waive or not."

Was Luongo ever asked to waive his NTC?

Gillis: There have been discussions in the past, yes."

Schneids, Eddie, Mike Brown, Hansen, Bourdon, Grabner were all Nonis picks. They eclipse the 2 yucky picks he had a bit later.

The Lu trade for Bert/Auld is arguably his hallmark fingerprint with the Canucks.

So no, Nonis is fine in those departments.

Aside from the conspiricy theories and conjecture from Torontocenntric sport writers/journalists. There is some truth underneath it all.

The fact is Lu is worth much more than what is reported, but the length is what lesser GMs without a team of capologists will be hesitant with.

You could infer that Lu is upset with Nonis for not making a good Hockey trade. Both GMs for a variety of reasons, imagined by the media, and real in some respects could not carve out a deal that works for both involved.

This probably be a more notable story had MG not landed Roy.

If Reimer goes sideways, sentiment will turn on Nonis. Probably unfairly, depending who will be writing about it.

Archived